• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

Haven't gotten to far in Dragon Quest, but I do plan on getting XI soon. I did here about plans for upgrades.

So first things first, that verse page is horrible. Even though I am already working on Nippon Ichi's, I can work on the DQ verse page as well.

Yeah, the images do need better formatting among other things, and the Power of the Verse section does need to line up with what's in the profiles.

And I discuss the problems with a couple of the speed calcs later. I mean the Terry dodging lightning is concrete for sure, but the other two calcs of traveling from country to country on foot feels like a weird game mechanic.

I will say that The Goddess (Dragon Quest) is the one with the 2-C feat, and the Immeasurable speed feat comes from both her and Estark. I also noticed Master Dragon from Dragon Quest IV once defeated Estark long ago. Master Dragon does appear in Dragon Quest III's post game. I know Zoma being comparable to the Goddess is the main indicator for the Tier 2 Dragon Quest 1-3 though.

There's also the fact Ramia could take hits from Rhapthorne in 8, the same bird that accompanied Erdrick in 3 and I don't think she'd suddenly skyrocket beyond him anyhow.

For Dragon Quest 1-3, the cast are currently scaled from this feat and Malroth flying from one country to another in seconds for speed. First looks like a game mechanics, but the second might be fine. For tiers, the scale from Rubies creating Torland, which is basically a Pangea like Continent sealed in some "Alternate World". That's where the High 6-A ratings come from. Scales to all the protagonists and end game bosses of all three games. Erdrick does have a low end keys where he fights building sized monsters at the beginning of the game. And Mid game also Orochi's nuking a town via volcano eruption statement.

Dragon Quest 9 Hero and Corvus scale from Corvus flying at Massively FTL+ speeds, which is good. There's this feat and Galaxy Rang "Gashing Galaxies" for the 4-A ratings, but it sounds vague. But at the very least, Corvus turning to the biggest and brightest star in the sky is a solid High 4-C feat. Zenus creating every star in the sky is definitely Tier 4, but unsure about 4-A.

And for Dragon Quest 4 to 8 (Which I haven't played 5-8 so I don't know too much) The Goddess (Dragon Quest) created the entire Dragon Quest Multiverse is why she's 2-C. And she's also Omnipresent across Space-Time. Estark is comparable to the Goddess and also has a statement of "Transcending all Dimensions, time and Space". Which is where his Immeasurable speed comes from. Necrosaro is superior to Estark and Estark does appear in multiple games. And there are statements about other characters being comparable to the goddess, so whoever's comparable to her would be 2-C and Immeasurable by the looks of it.

That's what I got at the top of my head.

Also I'd like to point out the Goddess isn't the only creator deity out there, there's also The Almighty who created at the least both 7 and 9's universes.

That's great news to here; I do plan on getting it for the Switch at some point.

Me and GalaxianAegis were collaborating on that briefly, I havent done anything with the drafts in a bit mostly due to my own laziness, but now that there's more interest it might be time to do something with that.

The profiles look alright, but I heard there were comparisons to The Goddess. Dragon Quest Builder apparently has stuff like Dracolord and the final boss of Dragon Quest III being equal to her as well. Which might put the end game cast at 2-C and Immeasurable.

Dragon Quest IX was my first DQ game and I loved it (for it's time the 3D visuals were great especially for a DS game) however I will NEVER forget the anguish of endless failed alchmiracles, eventually I gave up and settled for the the metal king slime equipment.

I also really loved IX, and I especially got into it when Nintendo Power hyped it as the best in the series. Though, most people I hear say VIII is the best in the series, but I haven't played that one and can't argue for or against that.

So far, it seems either Vlll or Xl are the best going by fans. So there is that.

I only played, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 9. And IMO, 4 and 9 are both really hard to decide especially since I really loved 4's cast of characters. I heard pretty much great things about almost every entry in the series except the first one is dated in some areas. But still a fun game overall.

My favorite game rn has to be XI mostly because of how well the story is actually done through the Act structure. My second favorite is IX because of how many memories I have playing that game on my DS.

There's also Dragon Quest X being an MMORPG, which I haven't heard many thoughts about it. I think the critical response was overall positive, but I here very few people ever talk about it. And I think it was Japan only iirc.

I decided to look at my old DQIX file and geez I completely forgot the amount of content it had (I underestimated how much a DS could take, then again the battery life was excellent too) also the TONS of free DLC too (ofc the DS servers are long gone now) and I managed to put over 300 hours into that save file too.

I honestly got way more than my money's worth with that portable game and yet these days you keep seeing new gen console games with barely half the content of older games but they charge extra because they look "good" plus the infestation of mircotransactions too... :/

Back