• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

I mean, I thought they fight ghosts and spirits all the time.

They do, it's just that FanofRPGs is asking you if you believe that the Super Sword of Light would eventually become the Sword of Kings from DQ3, or if another Sword of Kings was made in Hotto and would become the Sword of Kings seen in DQ3.

Idk, I've only played DQ 1-4 and 9 and also don't remember what Super Sword of Light is.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Idk, I've only played DQ 1-4 and 9 and also don't remember what Super Sword of Light is.
Super Sword of Light was a thing from Dragon Quest XI. It was the Sword found within Yggdrasil/Made to make the Sword of Shadows and was the one I think was used by Erdwin originally. It has a design more akin to Erdrick's Sword while the normal Sword of Light and Supreme one have a very slightly different appearance and were more recently crafted from the Crucible in Mount Huji or by the Fun Sized Forge.

So we basically choose between design (SSoL) or it's abilities and the way it was made (Another SoK) to decide which one would become the Sword of Kings from DQIII. I personally think that since the second option fills out two criteria while the first fills out only one, it's the most likely one. But it is possible that the Super Sword of Light could have been modified and reforged later on down the line to obtain the abilities of DQIII's Sword of Kings.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
So we basically choose between design (SSoL) or it's abilities and the way it was made (Another SoK) to decide which one would become the Sword of Kings from DQIII. I personally think that since the second option fills out two criteria while the first fills out only one, it's the most likely one. But it is possible that the Super Sword of Light could have been modified and reforged later on down the line to obtain the abilities of DQIII's Sword of Kings.
That would make sense

Also I'm not sure if another sword of kings is crafted anyways, I should test it out tbh

I just tested, yeah, a second one can be made

This is important to the scaling for DQIII, I still think it's the Super Sword of Light but IDK, it could be a modified Sword of Kings

It's looking better everyday, although just two things you could add. The first thing is Non-Physical Interaction for general, and second, for intelligence you could put gifted as the Luminary is not only a master swordsman and blacksmith, but he is able to learn how to craft any item to perfection after only reading the recipe for that item once.

The 4-D thing seems to be a dubline rip:

ÒüéÒü«µèÇÒü»þÑ×Þ®▒Òü«µÖéõ╗úÒÇüÕïçÞÇàÒâ¡Òâ╝ÒéÀÒâÑÒü«õ╗▓ÚûôÒü«Òü▓Òü¿ÒéèÒéªÒâ®ÒâÄÒé╣Òü½ÒéêÒüúÒüªþÀ¿Òü┐ÒüáÒüòÒéîÒüƒµèÇÒüáÒÇéÒüØÒüùÒüªÒéóÒâ│Òé┐Òü½µòÖÒüêÒéïµèÇÒü»Òé░Òâ®Òâ│ÒâëÒé»Òâ¡Òé╣Òü½ÒééÕ╝òÒüæÒéÆÕÅûÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÕñºµèÇ…ÞªçþÄïµû¼Òüò

Òü¬ÒéôÒüªÒüúÒüƒÒüúÒüªÞªçþÄïµû¼Òü»ÒÇüÒâ¡Òâ╝ÒéÀÒâÑÒüîÕêØõ╗úÕñºÕ©½ÒâåÒâ│Òé©Òâ│Òü¿Òü«õ┐«ÞíîÒü«õ©¡ÒüºþÀ¿Òü┐Õç║ÒüùÒüƒþ®║ÕëìþÁÂÕ¥îÒü«þºÿÕÑÑþ¥®ÒüáÒüïÒéëÒü¡

Google Translate: "That technique was created by Uranos, one of the heroes of Roche in the mythological era. And the technique to teach you is a great technique comparable to the grand cross ... What is Haou Zan, an unprecedented secret that Roche created during his training with the first Daishi Tenjin?"

We really need someone to translate this properly...

I don't think the sentence even exists in Japanese. If it did there would at least be a garbled sentence about Dimension or something by Google translate, but there is nothing. I don't see the jigen symbol either

ÒüéÒü«µèÇÒü»þÑ×Þ®▒Òü«µÖéõ╗ú

Ano waza wa shinwa no jidai,

This technique is from the age of legend

ÕïçÞÇà Òâ¡Òâ╝ÒéÀÒâÑ Òü« õ╗▓Úûô Òü« Òü▓Òü¿Òéè ÒéªÒâ®ÒâÄÒé╣Òü½ ÒéêÒüúÒüª þÀ¿Òü┐ÒüáÒüò ÒéîÒüƒ µèÇÒüá

yüsha rōshu no nakama no hitori uranosu ni yotte amidasa reta wazada

It was a technique crafted by Morcant, a friend of Erdwin.

ÒüØÒüùÒüª ÒéóÒâ│Òé┐Òü½µòÖÒüêÒéïµèÇÒü»Òé░Òâ®Òâ│ÒâëÒé»Òâ¡Òé╣Òü½ÒééÕ╝òÒüæÒéÆÕÅûÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÕñºµèÇ

Soshite anta ni oshieru waza wa gurandokurosu ni mo hike o toranai ōwaza

And the technique I will teach you, Luminary, is a technique comparable to Pearly Gates.

Here is my translation

Still nothing on 4-D. ÞªçþÄïµû¼, the name of Quadraslash in DQXI for Japanese, translates to "Supreme Lord's Slash," and nothing about quadra or four.

Well, I used Google Translate for the individual words, but mostly I took it, divided the sentences apart, translated them word by word, and cleaned it up based off more proper English grammar

Question, since the Luminary and his team can beat Dora-in-Grey (or whatever her name was) who (I think) created The Other Side (the dimension within the mural), which contains many stone walkways, stairs, and pillars, wouldn't that mean that they would scale higher than City Block level for they're early game key's? Now the size of the place is unclear, but it's most like larger than a single city block, possibly multiple city blocks.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Question, since the Luminary and his team can beat Dora-in-Grey (or whatever her name was) who (I think) created The Other Side (the dimension within the mural), which contains many stone walkways, stairs, and pillars, wouldn't that mean that they would scale higher than City Block level for they're early game key's? Now the size of the place is unclear, but it's most like larger than a single city block, possibly multiple city blocks.
IIRC it was stated Mordegon made it for her

It depends on the size and intensity of the snow storm/blizzard.

The snow storm seemed to only cover Sniflheim, although it was very thick since the game says that the team has the chance of missing Krystalida from how blinded they are by the snowstorm even though she's right in front of them.

@FanofRPGs

Agreed

Also I'm finally done with Act 1 and man am I loving this game, it's soooo great!

Also, I'm level 49 and I'm still really early in Act 2, am I in the right level?

That is a reference to "Friesbel' actually being Keystalinda. Just humorous foreshadowing

Back