• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

The Celestials should have resistance to Corruption, Transmutation and Soul manipulation by being able to resist the effects of the Fygg.

The Fygg corrupts Jack of All Trades, the Ghost Headmaster, and a few others.

They transformed The Lizard, Jack of All Trades, The Leviathan and so on.

Soul manipulation based on the Fyggs being able to affect the Soul too, as with the Ghost Headmaster.

Fyggs do various stuff to mortals, but they actually do transform celestials. When a celestrian eats a fygg, they devolve into a mortal. That was the only reason the Hero was able to defeat Corvus is because celestials have a weakness in which they are incapable of harming celestials of higher ranks regardless of higher raw power or skill.

Doesn't look like it yet, but I do agree there should be some good stuff.

I am gonna go through the games again with DQXIS and then maybe we can start again.

The Tier 10 to Tier 9 Slimes seems legit. And ironically, the most fodder enemies are surprisingly the most occuring recognizable images in DQ. Stuff like Metal Slimes, King Slimes, ect could be higher; but we have super strict rules against scaling mook enemies and mini bosses from God Tiers.

i thought it'd be easier to make a pop profile so I did, couldn't recall all of Dai's abilities at that time

I requested a calc for something that should apply to the main cast by the end of the series though no one has done it.

Much earlier stuff in the series probably scale to some massive cloud dispersion + storms and trekking across an entire island in seconds and lightning timing.

And I also made a google doc that contains all of the ap (and some other things) feats that I have found up to the chapter I'm in.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Yup, but do you think we should make separate key's for the characters?
Sure why not, don't know what we'd call them though as I'd only see need for two keys and I don't know how we'd separate the two. It's all based around scaling to one character and above that.

I was lucky to even find a good render for Pop and it's colourless, don't know where we could get some for the rest.

I'd like to check it out (if they're from XI).

They're ap feats from the Dai manga, so sadly nothing to do with DQ 11.

@Absaddie

And I was thinking that Dai's first key could be pre-Crocodine, so everything up to the Crocidine fight in the castle.

Wouldn't that be for three keys then? Since that's clearly based around before and after Dai is powerscaled to Avan who scales to those feats I mentioned before.

So what do you think Dai's key's should be divided by? And Dai would normally only scale to Avan in the beginning via the Dragon Knight Mark.

Crocodine was said to be stronger than Hadlar in terms of pure power (at least at the time) and Dai managed to hurt him even without the dragon crest (and not talking about when he hit his eye either). Not saying he's stronger but he at least scaled a bit to Crocodine there and in turn Avan who struggled to deal with Hadlar.

Hmm that is true, then we just need to calc all of the early feats, like Avan's megante and anything similar to it.

Y'all should read Dai no Daibouken honestly it's really good, uses a lot of tropes but it uses them JUST right it's great.

Back