• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

Oh, I just finished the Prince of Cannock Pastword Quest, and the Luminary can teleport people to other timelines

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, I've always been iffy on Immeasurable speed. Transcending time typically just means they resist space-time hax. And existing outside the flow of time only qualifies as Infinite speed. Being completely unbounded from the entire concept of time would be Immeasurable, but I don't recall any statement going that far.
The Estark's description could qualify as Infinite.
I'll hold you to that *points*

I know, just wondered why it was it's own separate thing. Also, why are you classifying all of his hax as magic? I know that they are magic, but why put Lightning magic instead of just Lightning Manipulation? Sorry if I'm being rude.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
I know, just wondered why it was it's own separate thing. Also, why are you classifying all of his hax as magic? I know that they are magic, but why put Lightning magic instead of just Lightning Manipulation? Sorry if I'm being rude.
Cuz it's literally magic, aside for Gigaslash which I even noted was actually electric manipulation and an ability

I know, but other profiles don't make that kind of distinction since it's not really needed, but if you want to make the distinction, then I won't try and stop you because I actually sort of like it. Sorry for bothering you.

FanofRPGs said:
It's looking incredible and I can't wait to see the complete version of the profile! You really are doing an amazing job even if I may be bitching sometimes.

Two things I will say: First, for the separation of abilities based on key's, you should probably put "All previous abilities, including" and list the new abilities from there, so that the reader doesn't think that the Luminary is suddenly gaining and losing abilities each act.

And second, maybe you could make another tab and name it "Resistances" where you would then put the resistances that the Luminary has and divide them into the different act's that he obtained them in.

This blog looks pretty helpful, though it is someone else on another wiki.

True, so we're gonna have to make our own blog that's made from the info he brought (which we would give credit to the guy for) and some new info thanks to DQ11.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
This blog looks pretty helpful, though it is someone else on another wiki.
Most of the information seems to be stuff I collected originally anyways, so I don't think it should be an issue

I got photos of the sphere of time destruction, though perhaps it owuld be prettier if I took screenshots of the japanese gameplay with quotes??

Add in all the new stuff in DQ11 and all the other games, and I think we might have some really good stuff here. I still feel bad for Mortamor after that asswooping...

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Add in all the new stuff in DQ11 and all the other games, and I think we might have some really good stuff here. I still feel bad for Mortamor after that asswooping...
Considering how evil Mortamor is for DQ final boss standards at the time (Dragon Lord didn't have his Builders stuff, Malroth was a natural force, Zoma was legit quite evil I admit, Psaro was tragic, Nimzo was complete letdown compared to Ladja), I think he deserved it. He was the third most hateable villain at the time in the series IMO.

@FanofRPGs

I agree that he did deserve that asswooping, but I still feel a tiny bit sad for him after that embarrassing defeat.

Would you say Gemma's Eternal Charm is a canon accessory for the Luminary?

Also, which do you think became the "Sword of Kings" in Dragon Quest III, The Super Sword of Light or another Sword of Kings made from Hotto?

Arguments for it being the Super Sword of Light:

• It, unlike the Sword of Light and Supreme of Light which were later reforged by the Hero, was the original Sword of Light found within Yggdrasil
  • It has the same design seen in Dragon Quest I and II, which we know from the ending of III is the same sword as the Sword of Kings in III
  • The Sword of Kings was already made, why make another?
Arguments for it being another Sword of Kings

• Well... The name
  • It is crafted in the same fashion as the Sword of Kings in III (Get orichalcum and take it to Hotto to make one from a shop)
  • It has the same abilities as the Sword of Kings in III (Which weren't in I+II cuz old game having primitive programming + balancing)
I personally think (And hope) it's the latter, but IDK, maybe I will have a better idea once I actually defeat Calasmos. ATM I am trying to get the eternal robe for Veronica, make some catholicon rings, and level up to ~70 for my chars to fight Drustan's trials

I would imagine so, and even if it isn't canon we can still add it in the profile under a Optional Equipment (which we should make a tab in power's and abilities) since other rpg characters have that type of stuff in they're profiles even though it might not be canon. So I think it's best that we take all of the equipment that the DQ protags can obtain and utilize into the profile. And if there is equipment that isn't canon, just put it under Optional Equipment just like Gemma's Eternal Charm.

As for this, I'm not so sure, I'll let the other's decide.

Also, good luck with the trials.

Checking, yeah

the DQI hero can fight ghosts

DQV hero fights spark monsters who are energy/ghosts/pure fire

And IV has those ghost fire monsters

Yeah, Non-Physical Interaction seems consistent with a lot of DQ characters.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, Non-Physical Interaction seems consistent with a lot of DQ characters.
What do you think the Sword of Kings in DQIII was, designwise it has consistently been shown to be the same as the Super Sword of Light, but how it's made and i t's effect is like DQXI's SoK

Back