• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: Upgrading Android 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Given that Android 18 was treated as comparable to Android 17 in the latest episode, when their force blasts did roughly equal damage to an opponent, and that she also defeated Ribrianne previously, I think that she should be upgraded to 3-A.

I agree. It being supposedly a outlier is a silly argument when you got things like Android 17 being a ranger for a few years gets him upgraded to 3-A. DBS obviously doesn't care too much about the scaling and you made everyone to 3-A these sorts of things were always going to happen. it's just DBS' poor writing ability.

I don't agree with the 3-A rating, in general, myself, but for scaling and consistency sakes for our current ratings, I'd have to agree to the upgrade.

I remember a while back we were in talks about potentially doing some minor scaling reevaluation when the tournament ended, since things are starting to get a bit...difficult. Are we still doing that?

We accept universal base Goku and Vegeta, and on both occasions, Ribrianne caused them to go SSB and Super Saiyan, respectively, then she defeated a much stronger version of Ribrianne, who was amped by likely her entire universe. There's a wide gap in logic to not agree with this, IMO. Even OBD has 3-A 18.

If this happens, Krillin and the others should not scale to her. That's the only thing I want to say right now.

I am still waiting for her to get ringed out in the next episode before saying anything on this matter though.

The reasonings for not upgrading her in the footnotes is based purely in headcanon. There has been no actual evidence presented. For example, the Katopesla example is already debunked since she never fought him or took a hit from him. Additionally, his speed mode pushed Vegeta to Super Saiyan. As for the training issue, we know she at least trains occasionally with Krillin. To assume that her lifestyle means she NEVER trains is ridiculous and needs proof presented.

She has fought multiple 3-A characters already and done fairly well. The magical girls, surviving a black hole that prevented 17 from moving, I'd say there's plenty of evidence. Defeating Ribrianne seems consistent enough.

Do we have to like it? No. Like Roshi and Krillin, however, she has definitely got a power up somehow. With how effective 17's effortless training against poachers is, it's not unreasonable she could make similar gains.

At best we would end up with 3-A 18, Cocotte and possibly Krillin, but nothing more.

No Krillin upgrade lol. If 18 is 3-A, her showings with Krillin only mean that she was suppressed at those times. That's all.

I agree that 18 was very suppressed against Krillin. He should not scale to her.

I suppose that 3-A Android 18 seems good now.

She is probably Base Goku level+ possibly Super Saiyan Goku level after defeating powered up Ribrianne.

I also agree with 3-A Coccote since it would make no sense that she would be severely weaker than her fellow Pride Troopers.

So, should we upgrade 18 now, or wait for a bit longer?

Agreed. Is anybody willing to handle the edits to the 18 and Krillin profiles?

Never mind. I can try to handle it.

I have updated the 18 and Krillin profiles. Should we close this thread?

What are we doing about Cocotte?

What is the question regarding Cocotte?

Cocotte was seen fighting on par with 18 for quite a while at the very start of the ToP.

Okay. I suppose that she might be 3-A as well then, but I do not know.

Yeah, and after that 18 was fighting alongside Krillin against Majora, so maybe 18 wasn't going all out then.

Okay, so should we place Cocotte at unknown statistics?

I am fine with "Unknown". Or maybe "At least High 4-C, possibly 3-A"?

Whatever you and Matt feel safer to use.

Well, I usually do not get involved much in determining character statistics. I tend to leave that to others. My job is more trying to keep this wiki somewhat organised.

If Matthew is fine with unknown, I am as well.

Okay, are you willing to edit her profile?

"Unknown (Fought with Android 18, but it is uncertain if the latter held back)", or somesuch perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back