• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Continued from here:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1281863

I haven't had the time to watch the newest episode yet, but it seems like SSB Vegeta and SSB Goku kept up with Jiren.

Most people who participated in the previous thread seemed to agree with upgrading both of them to Low 2-C. The question is just how this should be applied, and which characters that should scale.

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

Only Goku and Vegeta getting Low 2-C and for Super Saiyan Blue onwards. No earlier forms. For Goku it is through Zenkai. For Vegeta it is through his new improved version of Super Saiyan Blue.

I have watched the episode and Jiren is still helding back massively, db characters have also shown to lower their attack and durability to enjoy a fight. So, Goku and Vegeta could have still have been 3-A. But if Admins thinks he is Low 2-C even at 1% then they can upgrade them since i'm not that interested about this.

I agree with Matt as well. I also think that Goku's new key should be structured as such:

3-A. Low 2-C (give reason here) | Low 2-C

(Just to any admins/staff, I was told I was allowed to speak here, I'm not imposing or anything >~<)

Also, Jiren was said to use a fraction of his real power in this episode (Belmod says that he finally is showing a hint of his real power), something Belmod said he had not seen in quite a long time. Goku commented after Jiren powered up that the attack he received was the strongest he had ever felt from anyone. (Having taken IZ's attacks, Kefla's, and Jiren's early along, all solid Low 2-C characters) Goku and Vegeta were able to competently fight against this powered-up Jiren, and were able to push him and knock him back, as well as being able to cancel out attacks from one another. He also mentions that their techniques are "sharper," than before, which is not meant to refer to coordination, as Whis directly says after this that their attacks are not coordinated. Pair this with the fact that for several weeks we have been discussing Goku getting more powerful after obtaining UI/UIO, which is corroborated by Whis in that he is said to need a stronger stimulus each time he is to "break his limits". Vegeta's form was compared directly to Ultra Instinct by the angels, and was said to be his own version of "breaking his shell and his own limits," something which would also further corroborate Goku getting more powerful after each iteration of Ultra Instinct.

I can provide scans if needed.

Low 2-C for SSB Goku and higher, and Royal SSB Vegeta.

Goku demonstrated a durability feat in his base form surviving the same ki-infused punches Jiren used on all his other forms, so that's what that was.

Dark649 said:
I have watched the episode and Jiren is still helding back massively, db characters have also shown to lower their durability to enjoy a fight. So, Goku and Vegeta are still 3-A for me. Only Ultra Instinct Goku, The Gods, Angels, Grand Priest and Jiren in his strongest stages he is Low 2-C since he casually stomped Kaioken Goku in the special and fought a form that impressed all the gods.
He's still holding back, but Belmod said "it's been a while since I've seen him like this", while he didn't say that at any other point in the tournament, which means Jiren is currently > above the previous UIO forms.

Why was my comment removed? I was told I could reply to this thread by Antvasima and Matt directly.

However, it is also stated in the show that Jiren is unleashing a power not even Belmod has seen in awhile. Compared to before this means that Jiren is using more power than he did in his fight with UI Goku. Heck, his actions show this as well as he has been shown to be putting more of an effort in his battles with Goku and Vegeta. I doubt at this time after he's seen these guys power-up to extreme levels that's he's holding too much back at this point. By now I would say it's safe to say Jiren is taking this seriously. Not exactly full power, but he's serious right now. Let's not forget, him holding back still gave him a Low 2-C feat.

Are you calling literally the one showing a character has PIS and not Goku's sudden jump in power because of plot?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Goku's jump in power is a Zenkai. Anilaza being above the first Ultra Instinct makes no sense.
Zenkai? He has never been brought to the brink of death, he just lost his stamina with jiren.

Also, this makes regular SSj Kefla Low 2-C

He was exhausted and Freeza healed him. Then he got progressively stronger as he fought people like Caulifla and Kale, and then Kefla. And then he got even stronger as he fought Jiren again.

And no it doesn't. SSJ Kefla is comparable to the Spirit Bomb Goku threw at Jiren. She's not Low 2-C.

"He was exhausted and Freeza healed him. Then he got progressively stronger as he fought people like Caulifla and Kale, and then Kefla. And then he got even stronger as he fought Jiren again."

Pretty sure there is no Zenkai in there.

"Anilaza being above the first ultra instinct makes no sense" is just headcanon at this point. The same SSB goku and vegeta who take on Jiren are stomped by Anilaza (note that Im talking about those two only).

There is plenty of evidence that Goku got stronger. The most obvious is him going from struggling against Berserker Kale as a SSB Pre-Jiren, and fighting Kefla Post-Jiren.

I agree with Matthew on this one. Not sure about the Anilaza thing but I agree on current SSB + KK Goku and "insert new form name here" Vegeta.

If this gets accepted can we remove the likely rating on Sidra since i think it's unnecessary at this point.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There is plenty of evidence that Goku got stronger. The most obvious is him going from struggling against Berserker Kale as a SSB Pre-Jiren, and fighting Kefla Post-Jiren.
I don't deny that. But that's not Zenkai-boost, that's plot. It makes no sense for goku to jump a literal infinity with no new form yet you are gladly gonna accept it (me too, btw, I agree with the upgrade, just to be clear) and disregard Anilaza's (when the guy had hype during all the episode) only fight as PIS.

I agree with Dark in that the likely rating should be removed on Sidra. I have no idea why that was ever there in the first place, honestly. Freeza resisting his hax is unquantifiable, imo.

I could see Kefla and Anilaza being At least 3-A though, possibly Low 2-C if that's the direction this is going to go (The At least 3-A thing has been talked about for a few weeks now) but I still think the only upgrades, for now at least, should be Goku and Vegeta.

I am also fine with removing "Likely" from Sidra.

I think that Kefla should keep Low 2-C though.

I personally feel we should at least wait until next week. All Goku and Vegeta did was break Jiren's guard. By the next episode the fight will likely be picking up pace.

Now that I have watched the episode, I think that is a good point.

The Everlasting said:
I personally feel we should at least wait until next week. All Goku and Vegeta did was break Jiren's guard. By the next episode the fight will likely be picking up pace.
I honestly agree too.

Anyway, is everybody else enjoying this series? I think that it is fun, and it usually tends to cheer me up to get up and continue fighting despite the world being a pretty awful place nowadays.

So should I remove the highlight and close this thread until we know more?

I have 0 issues with waiting. Tho, the fact that Belmod stated that it had been long since he had seen Jiren fighting like that implies that he is currently more serious fighting Goku and Vegeta than when he fought UI Goku.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, is everybody else enjoying this series? I think that it is fun, and it usually tends to cheer me up to get up and continue fighting despite the world being a pretty awful place nowadays.
^ This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back