• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Manga Chapter 53 | Manga Goku Stamina Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being up somewhere doesnt mean you don't have access to food or anything though. Goku doesnt have to move to say he needs food or for someone to bring him food.

Again, staying somewhere doesnt mean that you dont have access to anything or that you cant get anything.

And I would also say that someone spending 150 days meditating doesnt mean they didnt do anything else, I'm sure I can find plenty of examples in chinese novels of people who spend hundreds of days meditating on enlightenment but they also eat, sleep

Edit: I will also say that it's not super convincing anyway since it's clear that vegeta isnt doing some sort of super deep meditation as is, hes clearly annoyed and is talking to them so it's not even like goku had no one to talk too or interact with.

" I will also say that it's not super convincing anyway since it's clear that vegeta isnt doing some sort of super deep meditation as is, hes clearly annoyed and is talking to them so it's not even like goku had no one to talk too or interact with."

The small Yardrat dude literally said Vegeta's unfocused and unbalanced the moment he starts complaining. AKA it's a pretty blatant "Shut up"

PandarianOda said:
Being up somewhere doesnt mean you don't have access to food or anything though. Goku doesnt have to move to say he needs food or for someone to bring him food.
As i said, even if someone is bringing him food, he is still holding himself up a giant pole with his legs while using his energy to do the whole exercise for months, there being no way to go down make it obvious it's a 'stay your ass up there meditating' kind of deal, it's still a stamina feat.

'he could eat' isn't a debunk to the stamina thing even if it was true, it would only be an argument if we were trying to give self sustenance to Goku.

Hell, we even have religions IRL who do that, having someone pray or meditate on top of a pole and they aren't allowed to go down for like a month.

I actually think this is a notable stamina feat. Not as notable as some would like to beleive, as meditation is an excellent way to conserve stamina instead of expend it, but Vegeta is clearly balancing on top of the pole, and Goku did do it for 150 days straight.

Also Yusuke did it first

It's a stamina feat yes, I'm mostly replying to this part

>Goku was meditating for 150 days without sleep, food, etc..

of the OP

I'm neutral on the whole food and water thing. But I don't know how he can still sleep, eat, etc while also being up there for 150 days, since the moment Vegeta got distracted they told him to to focus and continue.

It wouldn't be meditation if Goku had slept, it's not implied he ate or drank and like AKM mentions it wouldn't make much sense how he was able to eat considering what happens with Vegeta being distracted.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

It would still be meditation even if he wasnt there 100% of the time, saying it wouldnt doesn't make any sense.

Also I dont see really any reason he couldnt sleep like that; wouldnt be the first time an anime character slept in an unreasonable/uncomfortable position.

Also I state again he doesnt have to go down for food, hes literally in contact and communicating with the guys. They also arent really telling him to shut up, they are saying that he needs to put in a ton more effort before of how messed up the balance is. Which goku didnt really have an issue with so theres no way to compare how hard goku had to 'meditate' to actually align his energy. I would almost certainly bet in a chapter or two vegeta will teleport down to help goku out and it definetly wont have been like 150 days or anything despite him needing to put in more work and the like.

No, it wouldn't, that's like saying it would still be sleeping if you weren't sleeping the whole time, it doesn't make sense and doesn't work with the clear ascetism that this exercise is a reference too.

You can't sleep while actively holding yourself on what is basicaly a needle without concentration, it's a question of control and concentration more than a question of strength and he wouldn't be able to use and balance his energy while sleeping, it clearly take a conscious effort to do.

Vegeta has already been up there for day either way and it still retroactively count as a feat for Goku, also Vegeta already went down due to an attack by Moro's minions and they clearly say his training isn't finished.

Also whether Vegeta will complete the training faster or not doesn't matter tbh because it doesn't change the fact that Goku did it in 150 days.

So the rebuttal is that Goku probably took his focus away at a time to eat and drink which doesn't make much sense if Vegeta having as little as a conversation took his full focus away from his training. Also the idea of meditating is to clear Goku's thoughts including his obvious thoughts pertaining to hunger and thirst. Thats how I see it IMO.

What changes should be made to Chouku's stamina?

AKM sama said:
The proposed change is that it needs an upgrade due to him meditating for 150 days straight, so I guess we could just add the scan to his Stamina section and say "Continuously meditated for 150 days while training on Yardrat Post-Freeza saga".

Eminiteable said:
Pretty sure this would only scale to base goku post freeza.
Why only his base? He's gotten a lot stronger since then, and currently most of his transformations don't have any stamina cost after he mastered them.

Even after mastering super Saiyan he was pretty low on stamina after the cell fight so it's clear he can't last 150 days whole transformed.

Eminiteable said:
Even after mastering super Saiyan he was pretty low on stamina after the cell fight so it's clear he can't last 150 days whole transformed.
I think fighting is just inherently more exhausting than meditation, so yeah he probably can't fight for 150 days against a comparable or stronger opponent. Though I don't think it's entirely because of transforming imo.

AKM sama said:
Extremely High or Godlike in Base (Spend 150 days while meditating to master spirit energy). The rest stays the same.

For Vegeta (Chou) we just have to wait for the next chapters...

I've made the changes. I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back