• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Manga Chapter 53 | Manga Goku Stamina Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku doesn't seem like the kind of guy to go 150 days without food, knowing his appetite.

Right - but I'll note that the alien doesn't actually say that Goku had no food up there. Just that he stayed on top of the pole for 150 days.

Okay. Never mind about not needing food then.

Damage3245 said:
Right - but I'll note that the alien doesn't actually say that Goku had no food up there. Just that he stayed on top of the pole for 150 days.
By the definition of meditation (To think Deeply or to Focus one's mind), the practitioner is usually doing it in silence or utilizing a chant to assist them. From what we see, it's the former. Meditating for 150 days straight somewhere "meditating" would imply continuous action, not "Meditate for 8 hours, stop, go down, eat, rest, not meditate, before waking up and doing it again".

So is somebody willing to update his stamina?

Thats also assuming he doesn't eat which doesn't seem the case as there is no instance where Goku survived that long without food or water and we dont know what type of meditation it is

Good point. It could have been meditation with only breaks for sleep, food, and the like.

Exactly,I think best course of option would be to wait for new chapter and see whether it elaborates on Vegeta meditation or not

The Yardratt said Goku was meditating there for 150 days. As seen with Vegeta doing the same thing for three days. We can imply they went through meditation without eating or sleeping.

Moreover, this is not only instance where Vegeta has not eaten for days here is an exmaple:

Here

My area said:
Thats also assuming he doesn't eat which doesn't seem the case as there is no instance where Goku survived that long without food or water and we dont know what type of meditation it is
The only time Goku was visibly weakened without food was when he was a kid (And in non-canon GT). Beyond annoyance and/or preference, there's never actually been an instance where Goku explicitly has to eat food or drink water in order to survive. Oh sure they need it and they do regularly eat- but how much of it is preference/just wanting to get stronger in comparison to neccessity is unknown.

No where it's stated that Goku stayed up there for 150 days without foor or water and the idea of him going for 150 days without food is so out of character.

ProudLearner said:
The Yardratt said Goku was meditating there for 150 days. As seen with Vegeta doing the same thing for three days. We can imply they went through meditation without eating or sleeping.
Moreover, this is not only instance where Vegeta has not eaten for days here is an exmaple:

Here
Alright 3 days seems fine enough but difference between 3 days and 150 days is enourmous so surivvng without food and waterr for 3 days wouldn't mean he can survive for 150 days though thats too huge its like 5 months and no Saiyan has survived without food and water for 5 months

Akreious said:
The only time Goku was visibly weakened without food was when he was a kid (And in non-canon GT). Beyond annoyance and/or preference, there's never actually been an instance where Goku explicitly has to eat food or drink water in order to survive. Oh sure they need it and they do regularly eat- but how much of it is preference/just wanting to get stronger in comparison to neccessity is unknown.
I dont think they ever showed to live 150 days without eating and drinking so thinking they lived this long without food and drinking is more on assumptions and medidation could be different for all we know plus meditation doesn't always means that you stop eating food or water though

My area said:
Akreious said:
I dont think they ever showed to live 150 days without eating and drinking so thinking they lived this long without food and drinking is more on assumptions and medidation could be different for all we know plus meditation doesn't always means that you stop eating food or water though
"It's the first time they showed this because they never attempted a similar thing in the past so it must mean they can't do it now" is pretty much your argument, man.

Akrieous said:
"It's the first time they showed this because they never attempted a similar thing in the past so it must mean they can't do it now" is pretty much your argument, man.
I mean Saiyan biological functions dont change throughout the series and remain pretty much constant so if they cant survive without food and water for much long so how will they survive for 150 days without food and water

I mean why are we assuming that he didn't eat or drink anything just because he was medidating on top I mean medidation doesn't always means not eating or drinking..

I think it is best to wait for the next chapter. The guy only says Goku was up there for 150 days. No need to assume much without proof. I mean we are talking about guy whose entire species are renowned for their huge appetites both for battle and food in general. I mean people will be skeptical to assume otherwise.

My area said:
Akrieous said:
I mean Saiyan biological functions dont change throughout the series and remain pretty much constant so if they cant survive without food and water for much long so how will they survive for 150 days without food and water
I mean why are we assuming that he didn't eat or drink anything just because he was medidating on top I mean medidation doesn't always means not eating or drinking..
Literally the only instance of a Saiyan visibly getting hungry is Kid Goku after extensive combat- not while normal or meditating (Which conserves even more energy). Again, beyond a preference/want for strength, we have no other instances of a Saiyan even attempting to go extensive lengths of time without food or water. Heck, again, Vegeta stood on a ledge for 3 days straight as said by Trunks.

"He was up here for 150 days" doesn't leave much to the imagination mate. It's pretty cut and dry- Goku was up there meditating for 150 days. Not "Go up, meditate for a little bit, go eat and drink, then continue".

Eminiteable said:
Didn't Broly also go 40 years without drinking water?
We don't know about that. I mean he was eating from yellow goo or something.

The Goo was from the spiders tho, thats not really water.

Lol. Seeing how much saiyans like to eat he would have drank the goo in place of water.

Should I close this thread? We do not seem to know enough specifics yet.

Yes. At this point we are discussing what Broly was drinking while stranded. There is no point in continuing here.

Even if Goku didn't eat he was meditating. And just because he doesn't need to eat while meditating [assumption] that doesn't mean he wouldn't need to eat if he fought or moved around normally.

I mean, the reason it was dismissed in the first place doesn't make sense since the Yardrat say 'up there for 150 days', that clearly mean he didn't get down from it, if you really want to argue food, he can eat there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back