• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he means the one roshi used but the reasoning is due to Goku waking up due to a weakness of the technique and not a resistance to it.

Dragomer said:
It can't be a failure because of that because it never tried to have a coherent power scaling, the point was always to show of the latest design and the latest 'main cards'.
...As do all cartoon shows trying to sell merch. Since when was that an excuse?

SomebodyData said:
Dragomer said:
It can't be a failure because of that because it never tried to have a coherent power scaling, the point was always to show of the latest design and the latest 'main cards'.
...As do all cartoon shows trying to sell merch. Since when was that an excuse?
Umm the moment it started calling itself a "Promotional" Anime?

You just desribed most 80s-90s cartoons, "the animation" anime, and well, most shows with an intent to promote merch (everyone).

I still think there's a major difference between a main series anime and a promotional anime geared to sell a specific product.

Some unconfirmed spoilers for the next chapter:

- Merus is confirmed as an angel

- The race of a nostalgic and narcissistic character appears (Zarbon's race?)

- Angels have some kind of punishment (probably related to Merus)

- A new technique nearly equal to Shu from HxH will be used by an unrevealed character (probably Vegeta). The technique allows the user to strengthen any object like an extension of their own body (like Trunks and his sword?)

This is the description of the technique from HxH:

Shu (Õæ¿ÒéÀÒâÑÒéª, Shü; "Enfold") is an advanced application of Ten. Shu allows a user of Nen to enshroud an object with their aura, allowing them to use that object as an extension of their own body. For example, one could use Shu to extend their Ten around a weapon, which would strengthen and protect it. Shu can be combined with other techniques, such as Ko.

Eminiteable said:
Think he means the one roshi used but the reasoning is due to Goku waking up due to a weakness of the technique and not a resistance to it.
What was the weakness I don't think it had one

Darkfire890 wrote What was the weakness I don't think it had one

It rewuired outside help from bulma shouting about food go immediately wake Goku up, not resistance.

Dragon Ball characters being able to strengthen objects and weapons reminds me more of Busōshoku Haki than Shu lmao. That's probably just the One Piece fan in me talking though.

That sword God Trunks has looks straight out of Final Fantasy or Soul Calibur. Heroes is absolutely wild.

ZERO7772 said:
Low Budget Gogeta....
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission 12 Opening SDBH UVM12
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission 12 Opening SDBH UVM12
Okay so that Key Sword that you see Trunks wield at the end is OP as hell. It has some really good hax like Projection, Attack Reflection, Sealing and I think BFR by sending people into a Pocket Dimension. This was done when Trunks fought evil Chronoa in a recent chapter summary for the Dark Demon Arc. I'll link it here if I can find it.

Worth noting that Demigra gave all the members of the Time Patrol (plus himself and Roberu) a Key Sword in the game, not just Trunks.

Dominodalek said:
Worth noting that Demigra gave all the members of the Time Patrol (plus himself and Roberu) a Key Sword in the game, not just Trunks.
In regards to the Plot though, Trunks' use of it was worth noting over the others as he managed to Null the powers of the demon gods, sealed off the barriers that contained the Dark Demon Realm and the demon gods, reflected Chronoa's time attacks and even resisted her Time Freeze and Time Labyrinth attack which pretty much is BFR into a pocket dimension. I believe he even tried to use it himself, but he also purged the Dark Energy from her as well. So while everyone may have one Trunks is noted to actually use it in battle.

Besides that, I could confirm some other info about the chapter:

- Vegeta is back using his Yardrat outfit. He fights and easily defeats a guy from Zarbon's race

- Merus avoided the punishment. According to Whis, when angels break the rules, they simply cease to exist (in the sense of existence erasure, not death)

- Merus says good luck to Goku and believes that he'll be able to defeat Moro on his own

- Angels are allowed to train anyone, but are not allowed fight

AwkguyDB said:
Dominodalek said:
In regards to the Plot though, Trunks' use of it was worth noting over the others as he managed to Null the powers of the demon gods, sealed off the barriers that contained the Dark Demon Realm and the demon gods, reflected Chronoa's time attacks and even resisted her Time Freeze and Time Labyrinth attack which pretty much is BFR into a pocket dimension. I believe he even tried to use it himself, but he also purged the Dark Energy from her as well. So while everyone may have one Trunks is noted to actually use it in battle.
That's true, the others just use the Key Swords' sealing and power null.

(For the record, it was originally Demigra who freed Chronoa in the game, Demigra had used the Dragon Balls to wish for the ability to undo Mechikabura's brainwashing.)

I zoomed past the thread and saw someone say

"Grand Priest trained Goku"

No. That never happened. Grand Priest just healed him and gave him uniform.

Source: The actual canon of Dragon Ball Heroes, the arcade game.

What do you guy's think they might add in DBZ Kakarot in terms of hax? I know that we wouldn't add it to the profiles but what do you guy's think?

Well, Whis and Goku have confirmed Angels are literally immortal, and can only die via existence erasure. That's...interesting to say the least.

Too bad Goku couldn't finish his training. Vegeta may outshine him― did you see that finger blast? Imagine what a Final Flash would be like. Sheesh.

Also, Angels can't use their powers without violating their laws and dying via existence erasure? Can Angels even be used in combat anymore?

The enormous metal building Vegeta deflected with one hand only weighed about 20 tons, and that's being generous.

Vegeta usually gets smacked by those. I'm surprised he effortlessly did that.

Edit: Without destroying it

So what used to be a small beam is now a freaking Galick Gun for Vegeta, Now all left is getting some actual Haxx

I am much more hyped for Vegeta than Goku tbh.

So Angels are a Concept in the manga? Plus, Immortality Type 1, 8

DBS CH 55, Page 42-43.

Whis: It is the only means by which an angel can be removed from existance. There is no way around this truth--such is the nature of the angel life-form.

Page 44.

There is an Angel Realm. I wonder if we will get view of it next chapter.

I had more of the impression that Angels would be punished with existence erasure for acting outside of the Angel code. It didn't seem like Merus or Whis expected him to immediately cease to exist if he broke the code, and Whis even came to stop Merus from breaking the code for using his true power.

Overall, I think Angels don't just...cease to exist if they don't act impartial or wield their true power, It sounds like it's just a punishment that is inflicted by the Grand Priest or Zeno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back