• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong--but the infinite energy source is also the source of the energy 17 and 18 use in their ki blast-like attacks, yes? It's the reason why no one can sense or read their power levels--because their power is artificial in nature to begin with. The energy output of said device should not logically be impaired by damage to the body, unless the device itself were damaged, which is never implied through the course of the ToP. 17's ability to release and manipulate that energy was unimpaired by his physical injury, shown when he's still capable of producing homing energy attacks (which are noted in Super to require a high level of fine ki control as well as being quite taxing, but, infinite energy) as Goku and Freeza charged ahead at Jiren.

When was this ever explained? And if it were a source for their energy attacks, their energy attacks would have infinite power. Obviously a counter argument to that would be their energy output per unit time being limited due to certain cyborg mechanics, but then how can they increase their energy output rate later. Simple training wouldn't make changes in their machinery.

It is pretty weird and makes no sense that they can't be sensed even when they are living beings who reproduce and grow stronger with training. Being able to produce a homing energy attack doesn't mean that it's still as strong as his maximum output. Weakened characters can produce energy attacks too.

It doesn't make sense in any way possible. It would be OK if they had two types of energy at the same time and their machinery also made normal ki limitless and undetectable (as some sort of energy filter), that would allow them to grow stronger and still have limitless stamina/energy and remain undetectable, but 17 states at the ToP that he doesn't have ki (ep 121 IIRC).

The only type of injury that we know of is like SSJ2 Gohan's injury where he couldn't even move his arm anymore, i doubt 17 had any such wounds.

ArgosaxDespair said:
It doesn't make sense in any way possible. It would be OK if they had two types of energy at the same time and their machinery also made normal ki limitless and undetectable (as some sort of energy filter), that would allow them to grow stronger and still have limitless stamina/energy and remain undetectable, but 17 states at the ToP that he doesn't have ki (ep 121 IIRC).
The answer to this is that 17 and 18 have no mechanical parts; the only mechanical parts they had was the beard that was removed by shenlong.

17 and 18 are more like modified humans (like Marvel's American captain, they were part of experiments that made them so) in their case, their cells went through a process of artificial mutation until they reached that point.

in short 17 and 18 are people with modified cells, pointing out that they have infinite energy.

I believe it's confirmed in one of the Daizenshuu that 17 and 18 were enhanced bio-mechanically as well as cybernetically.

My headcanon? The only cybernetic part is the infinite energy source. Everything else is bio-mechanics, something that can continue to improve with training. Thus, through training, 17 was able to increase the rate per unit of time that he can draw from his infinite energy source to produce energy attacks or power the movements of his physical body, resulting in his "becoming stronger", so to speak.

Well, they might as well hire the entirety of Bleach's VA, after all, justice exists and everyone will be punished like Vic was after the Funimation incident, amirite guys?

/s (just in case)

ArgosaxDespair said:
Well, they might as well hire the entirety of Bleach's VA, after all, justice exists and everyone will be punished like Vic was after the Funimation incident, amirite guys?
/s (just in case)
No, because you see, we have actual proof of it in that case unlike Vic where there is litteraly no proof so obviously nothing can happen to them, you only punish people on unfounded accusation.

Johnny Yong Bosch? Huh, guy's also Nero from Devil May Cry and Zero from Mega Man. Personally he isn't as deep as Vic is but he gets the job done decently enough

Too bad. I liked Broly's english voice.

The Unknown Warrior1 said:
Yeah well with all the stuff that's occured with Vic, we'll probably never see his Broly voice agai
Yeah, even if he win his court case, Funimation will never rehire someone who dared to sue them unless something big happens.

That so? I can see him as Broly. He has a good voice. Which will probably be ruined due to Broly's constant screaming tho.

AKM sama said:
That so? I can see him as Broly. He has a good voice. Which will probably be ruined due to Broly's constant screaming tho.
I heard his voice. It matches Ichigo but no matter bow hard i tried it cant match Broly. Imagine Chris Sabat voicing Goku....

Tales of Toyobro #1:

Toyotaro had to customize a goat's horn (action figure) to use it as a reference to draw Moro's horns more accurately. He regrets the way he designed Moro's horns, because unlike goats, his horns curls upwards at the end.

78587959 2547055668683366 2881431286155575296 n

BlackeJan said:
AKM sama said:
I heard his voice. It matches Ichigo but no matter bow hard i tried it cant match Broly. Imagine Chris Sabat voicing Goku....
Ichigo's voice, Lelouch's voice, Nero's voice (DMC) and now Broly's voice are the same, like literately the same.

Moro looks more like a ram than a goat. It's just that a lot of people tend to confuse between the two.

Being 50 in Saiyans is like their 30s in our years. They leave their prime by the age of 60 if I'm not mistaken.

Isn't he like 42-43? The way the story presented him kinda makes you forget that he's a basically middle aged man lol.

Saiyans stop being young when they hit 80 and they rapidly age when they hit that point

ZERO7772 said:
Isn't he like 42-43? The way the story presented him kinda makes you forget that he's a basically middle aged man lol.
Vegeta is like 48 year old and Broly has the same age.

UltimateFlare said:
Saiyans stop being young when they hit 80 and they rapidly age when they hit that point
A Saiyan remains in their prime until around 80 years, but nothing states that they age rapidly afterwards.

Warren Valion said:
UltimateFlare said:
A Saiyan remains in their prime until around 80 years, but nothing states that they age rapidly afterwards.
Pretty sure Toriyama did say they age rapidly afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back