• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 65: Because we still got the manga, the movie and the dub to discuss!

I wish Jiren was a reformed baddy and that his wish was to revive people he killed tbh. Would've made his background feel less generic, add some moral grays to the story and made his perceptions of justice far more interesting.

Ryukama said:
I wish Jiren was a reformed baddy and that his wish was to revive people he killed tbh. Would've made his background feel less generic, add some moral grays to the story and made his perceptions of justice far more interesting.
Not gonna lie, that sounds great. And it would make his interaction with 17 way more interesting, as 17 is also a reformed baddy

Jiren trying to reform Frieza, only to see he's utterly irreedemable, therefore kinda messing with his views of change and forgiveness, would've also been cool.

Maybe one of the characters could troll him by saying something like "Congratulations you saved their lives, and you only had to get an entire universe erased to do so!"

That could have been a way to defeat him as well if they made him like that. His views being messed could have thrown him off and made him lose concentration on the fight, allowing MUi goku to outright beat him. To be honest, i would have prefered if jirens full power wasnt surpassed by MuI goku. I know goku had to bust his behind in order to beat him, but, why? Why introduced a character like this in a tournament. He would fare FAAAR better in a setting where he is the only focus. And it would have been way more believable for goku to surpass hakaishin level a couple arks after the Future zamasu arc. At least get him there slowly. Surpass vegito blue in the next saga, reach hakaishin level after that, and then, Introduce jiren. Slowly building up to that special moment.

They could've had something where Jiren's moral dillemmas and bitterness when reminded of his past are distracting him from the fight, whereas Goku falling into "pure instinct" and letting everything go allows him to be completely focussed. Instead of a "power of friendship" narrative the overall message would be "harping on the past and hesitation towards moving forward prevents you from getting stronger in the future". It'd be more a theme about coping than about nakama.

Eh I liked the idea of Jiren being super-hero it was just executed poorly like many other things in DBS. I don't know why the anime turned Jiren into freaking asshole, even in the games he's far more respectful and more super-hero like....

Like I said before, the anime left things very open-ended regarding Beerus, UI Goku and Jiren. I like to think UI Goku is above Beerus. But if we go solely by the anime, there is no surety.

ZERO7772 said:
RIP dragon super threads~

Anyway think the next movie villian will be stronger than Jiren?
Depends if they will keep UI out of the movie. Anything short of completed UI should be below jiren, and the gods of destruction as well. So who knows if jiren will get the beerus treatment and be kept as a benchmark.

I get distracted when I watch the dubbed version of MHA sometimes. It's hard to not remember Vegeta when I hear All Might.

Who are those new characters though?

What's wrong with it? Kale looks cool ovo

Nothing wrong just Kale being officially confirmed SSB Lvl in the manga. Now time to wait for the people to now start saying the manga powerscaling now is horrible.

Peter1129 said:
Nothing wrong just Kale being officially confirmed SSB Lvl in the manga. Now time to wait for the people to now start saying the manga powerscaling now is horrible.
You mean CSSB lvl

She's stronger than ******* Fused Zamasu, poor zamasu is total joke now

She did the same against ssj blue Goku so I don't see the problem.

Oh right almost forgot the manga SSB Post-Future Trunks Saga is on par with Fusion Zamasu.

Now I just feel bad for Zamasu. At least in the anime he was still one of the strongest character for awhile until Jiren and powerscaling kicked him down to top 40 strongest.

At least in the anime it took god tier mortals to surpass Fusion Zamasu. In the manga he is surpassed by the top tier mortals lol.

B-But Goku was suppressed, everyone can throw hands with him cuz holding back

^Pretty much this. In the anime people are still downplaying Kale and saying she's only at most SS2 Lvl. Now that the manga confirms her as SSB lvl I wonder how some people who prefers the manga over anime will react.

Peter1129 said:
Oh right almost forgot the manga SSB Post-Future Trunks Saga is on par with Fusion Zamasu.

Now I just feel bad for Zamasu. At least in the anime he was still one of the strongest character for awhile until Jiren and powerscaling kicked him down to top 40 strongest.
Not top 40 but top 20 at best, meanwhile in the anime Vegito is a joke~

>muh base goku is stronger than SSB Vegito cuz zenkai and jiren power scaling

Srsl **** jiren LOL

Back