• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 65: Because we still got the manga, the movie and the dub to discuss!

He is top 40 though. There's 2 Zenos, Grand Priest, 12 Angels, 12 GoDs, Jiren, Toppo, Goku, Vegeta, Kefla, Anilaza and arguably Post-ToP Frieza and 17. That's 33 or 35 characters stronger than his strongest form Infinite Zamasu in raw power.

The only good thing the manga had going for it was the legit power scaling and respecting the hard work the characters do and now even if that is ruined.

Poor Trunks got the short end of the stick when the manga cut out his SSR form and him finishing off Zamasu by himself if Kale gets the BS power up when not Trunks is character fans actually care about and love as well?

They must hang the one who came with Female Broly idea. If you want Broly so bad in your anime series just make him canon and be done with it, at least people loves Broly

The powerscaling in the manga is fine but they did make a lot of characters way weaker than they are in the anime which kinda pisses me off since characters like Hit and Goku Black are part of the ones that are nerfed.

Peter1129 said:
The powerscaling in the manga is fine but they did make a lot of characters way weaker than they are in the anime which kinda pisses me off since characters like Hit and Goku Black are part of it.
I agree with this. However the powerscaling in the manga is in some situations bad. Why do I get the feeling that Kefla will not appear and is only Toei idea from this?

I mean, contrary to the loud people you hear disliking the U6 Saiyans, Kale is actually very popular overall. So it would be objectively false to assume no one likes her. Especially in Japan where her and Caulifla are extremely loved.

ZERO7772 said:
They must hang the one who came with Female Broly idea. If you want Broly so bad in your anime series just make him canon and be done with it, at least people loves Broly
Boi, you better take that back. Kale >>>>>>>>>>>>> Broly

How can someone not like her. She thiccer than Caulibae

1t3gfu5

I agree with this. However the powerscaling in the manga is in some situations bad. Why do I get the feeling that Kefla will not appear and is only Toei idea from this?

Kale was also Toei's idea iirc

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean, contrary to the loud people you hear disliking the U6 Saiyans, Kale is actually very popular overall. So it would be objectively false to assume no one likes her. Especially in Japan where her and Caulifla are extremely loved.
A lot of people says they are popular in Japan but are they really? is there any pools or something?

ZERO7772 said:
Kale was also Toei's idea iirc

I know but at least they told Tori and he created Caulifla... In the manga though Kale was chosen so as to fill the 10th seat. And Champa looks more concerned that Hit lost here than in the anime where the Potara was his trump card.

Kale wasn't part of the plan in the anime either, he may still use the Potara we don't know

Don't take characters reaction too seriously they freak out at everything

ZERO7772 said:
A lot of people says they are popular in Japan but are they really? is there any pools or something?
I don't think there are polls, just general reception from the Japanese DB community. Plus, info I got from users who actually live in Japan and keep track with Dragon Ball. From what I here, there was pretty bad reception when they were eliminated.

Overall, they are very split characters. They are both widely loved and hated at the same time. So we can't say they aren't liked as they are still very popular, just polarizing.

GO KALE!!! Show that monkey who's the boss of that ring!

It's pretty much the same argument over and over again Ki control, they are holding back, and etc. Oh and hate towards the female saiyans.

I don't know why that's an issue. Clearly Kale is strong. Why is that bad? Toppo is strong, Jiren is strong, Hit is strong, I don't know why people only target Kale.

Now wait and see how she gets fodderised by Big J. Owari da-

Peter1129 said:
It's pretty much the same argument over and over again Ki control, they are holding back, and etc. Oh and hate towards the female saiyans.
Because they are cocky, arrogant and did nothing to achieve those powers. I'd rather see Pan going Ultra Instinct. Also this fodderizes SSB even more (something that was supposed to rival the power of Gods)

At least the anime did some justice to them getting smacked around by Super Saiyan God

All saiyans have limitless potential. What's your point? That doesn't means she can toy with SSB level characters

Because they are cocky, arrogant and did nothing to achieve those powers. I'd rather see Pan going Ultra Instinct. Also this fodderizes SSB even more (something that was supposed to rival the power of Gods)

At least the anime did some justice to them getting smacked around by Super Saiyan God

>Because they are cocky and arrogant

So is Vegeta,Vegito,Present Trunks,SSJ2 Youth Gohan,and Gotenks yet these guys are liked for those exact reasons

as a matter of fact most antagonists in the series were this.

>Did nothing to achieve those powers

Neither did Goten and Trunks besides being the Protagonist's and Deutertagonist's children.

Plus the anime had Kale manhadle SSB Goku (Tho he didn't take any damage)

@Hst master Firstly I was referring to the manga representation of Kale.

Secondly how is SS2 Youth Gohan arrogant? Maybe Mystic Gohan was.

Goten or Trunks is nowhere near strong enough. Maybe future Trunks is but he spent days in ROSAT training & months fighting Goku Black. The emotional trigger from his mother & Gohans death & his world falling apart is massive

ÒÇÉSDBHÕà¼Õ╝ÅÒÇæþøúþìäµâæµÿƒþÀ¿ÒâùÒâ¡ÒâóÒâ╝ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│ÒéóÒâïÒâíõ║êÕæèµÿáÕâÅÒÇÉÒé╣Òâ╝ÒâæÒâ╝ÒâëÒâ®Òé┤Òâ│Òâ£Òâ╝Òâ½ÒâÆÒâ╝Òâ¡Òâ╝Òé║ÒÇæ
ÒÇÉSDBHÕà¼Õ╝ÅÒÇæþøúþìäµâæµÿƒþÀ¿ÒâùÒâ¡ÒâóÒâ╝ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│ÒéóÒâïÒâíõ║êÕæèµÿáÕâÅÒÇÉÒé╣Òâ╝ÒâæÒâ╝ÒâëÒâ®Òé┤Òâ│Òâ£Òâ╝Òâ½ÒâÆÒâ╝Òâ¡Òâ╝Òé║ÒÇæ

Back