• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 55: Vegeta is finally not shafted

<divclass="quote">MeleeniumRXJ wrote:
So I was thinking about getting into Fairy Tail, but is it true that it has worse asspulls than Dragon Ball Super? And how does it compare to other Shonen like One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach?</div>

Fairy Tail is an extremely mixed bag for me. I like some aspects of it, while some others annoy me.

I like the world that the characters reside in since I am a fan of the fantasy. And I like a few of the characters, and I like the abilities of the characters.

What I don't like is what you've heard. "Nakama Power" is a constant literary device that is utilized ad nauseam. It is a frequent, and stupidly annoying way for the main characters to prevail in the end.

It's one of my least favorite Shonens personally, but I don't believe that it is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Yes, there are some constant flaws in the storytelling, but it is still enjoyable nonetheless.

So it sounds like FT brings new meaning to "Friendship is Magic". But I saw the first episode and it seems enjoyable. I heard the final season will be released this year, so I'd thought I'd try to get through the series before it premiers.

Don't derail further, just watch it and decide for yourself, cause opinions of others may be diffrent than your.

It started out good but the nakama power ups and the power of friendship ruined it for me, but worse it's hiro's refusal to kill any of the characters while purporting to put the characters in serious situations that ticked me off the worse.

There was no tension, cause at the end of the day we know all the characters would live, and while other shounens do this, fairy tale is the worst at it imo, like how many freaking times was makarov supposed to die but nope he is alive and well, same thing with the the characters every arc after a certain point some characters were supposed to have died, but they came back all good later.

The ending was a mess as well. This is just my opinion though, also we probably shouldn't be discussing this here, watch and decide for yourself.

I doubt it was Beerus. He and Dyspo look alike. And Dyspo has the same aura color as well. So I am 98% sure it's Dyspo.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I doubt it was Beerus. He and Dyspo look alike. And Dyspo has the same aura color as well. So I am 98% sure it's Dyspo.
I take back what I said, it's probably Dyspo due to the scratches he has on his face. Still if I didn't pay attention to that small detail I'd be 99% it was Beerus.

It did look more like Beerus than Dyspo, in particular the shape of his eyes. But probably just the animators being inconsistent.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
It did look more like Beerus than Dyspo, in particular the shape of his eyes. But probably just the animators being inconsistent.
That's the reason why I thought it was Beerus

im interested in what the explanation for her form being as she was supposed to be an android, but im sure it will be something overly simple and im gonna get disapointed (saying this because theres a lot of good ideas over what it could be).

With the movie coming out, this was expected, no way they could work on both hte movie and series simultaneously when they are already barely keeping the series going by outsourcing to animators in other countries.

This will probably just be an hiatus, hopefully it gives them enough time to solve their production issues.

One piece should have been the one that got an hiatus though, the pacing of the one piece anime is atrocious, half a chapter adapted an episode.

"it's not like the series is over"

Don't worry guys.

Seems like an ending to super. But they will continue the story with a brand new series. At least i hope thats how it is.

It makes sense that Super will end. They already stuffed all of the most powerful fighters in the Multiverse in a single tounament so people can ********** to every muscular guy flexing their muscles. I wouldn't be surprised if in the DB movie they reveal that the 12 Universes are actually just a mere fraction of the real Multiverse, and that there are countless Universes, with different time-lines and stuff. Toriyama always does that when pushing the current limit of the universe taking place.

Dragon Ball has been overdone, it should've ended long ago. I prefer the main cannon story to end now than to be dragged out and get another poorly writen show like Super.

Back