• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 53: when everything is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give the episode 5 Hearts of LOVE.

18 got the shine and prove why she's best waifu and Ribrianne got the boot.

Also, Ribirianne's acknowledgment of Krillin's and 18's love made me like her a bit as she doesn't seem as superficial to me as she came off.

So, kudos DBS.

Finally, Krillin still has my eternal hate/admiration for landing the best waifu.

I liked the episode. Rebrianne's final form was...........

So we upgrading 18 to 3-A or downgrading Rebrianne to High 4-C? OvO

You think THAT'S FUNNY?
Vegito. Which is Half Goku. Is 3-A

No, Vegito is just Vegito. Since Goku's and vegeta's existence vanishes when the potara does it's tricks. It's magic has a different effect on "mortals".

Goku in base can hold back to his opponent's level. He can suppress himself enough to be hurt by lasers, hell he can suppress himself to a PL of 10 where normal bullets can harm him and he can swat humans without killing them. Trunks suppressed himself to normal human level of PL 5.

Kyle Ramos said:
Grand Priest -"Oh, looks like a black hole. A one that could easly swallow an entire universe and its time as well, on that matter"

Thats all i want.
That wouldnt upgrade anyone.

Black holes must GROW, you know, and since it wont swallow the arena or Zeno, it wont be more than a few meters long. Unquantificable, btw. Also, it doesnt matter how big the black hole is, the only point that needs infinite speed to escape from is the exact center.

I am sure they will give some exposition about how that particular black hole works or something else. Maybe it's more effective than the black holes we know of, maybe not. Let's wait and see. If they don't give any exposition then we will treat it as a regular black hole.

What I liked from this episode:

The fight was cool, even if just for the twins' teamwork.

Zeno behaving like a child/ren.

Ribrianne realizes that krillin doesnt have a nose lol

17 is the best brother in the show. The 18-17 relationship is the best right now ovo

Alright but...3-A Android 18 now?

Ribrianne has fought Surpressed SSJ2 Vegeta, Base Goku and 17 on fairly even grounds, so it makes more sense for her to stay 3-A...and 18 basically destroyed her bigger stronger form, which to everyones surprise made her fatter than ever.

to put it frankly gets reverted to base then traps 18 then love shit happens THEN turns into godzilla like shit aka fatter than before only for 18 to kick ass

The love shit on Ribrianne is meh, im glad my theory was correct that 18 would tell and show her what actual love was with Krillin, but i was kinda hoping Ribrianne's actual realisation on what love was would gain her the new transformation, which would be actually beautiful than the fat teletubby form, rather than just a big version that was easily being shattered in a few punches by 18.

But shes out now, everyone can stop ranting about how annoying she was and watch her universe get eliminated probably next episode, along with Champa and his gang ;-;

the black hole will not be true, already just hear "very powerful black hole" is already doubtful, moreover it does not absorb the arena and a black hole does not "trap" but simply destroyed. But wait until next week to see but I'm not waiting for anything from the black hole

I loved zen'O imitating Rosi, it was very funny (Hokuto no Zen'O)

About Big Gree:

- Was defeated by Goku in DB.

- Got some pressure from Raditz, had to blow the moon to stop Gohan and later was killed by Nappa in the Saiyan Saga while protecting Gohan.

- Defeated by Third Form Frieza and nearly killed by Final Form Frieza, if he did not absorbed Nail he would have got killed by Frieza.

- In the filler arc he gets a bite from a possessed Yamcha and fakes to be mind-controlled, then gets attacked by Garlic Jr.

- Got grabbed by Dr. Gero and asked Gohan for help.

- His Future Trunks version was killed by the androids.

- Was easily defeated by the androids, after absorbing Kami he got nearly killed by Post-Humans Absorbtion First Form Cell.

- Gets wrecked by Cell Jr. in the Manga and SPC Cell easily pushed him back while helping SS2 Gohan.

- Was extremely scared to fight Shin, then he was useless because Buu could oneshot him.

- Shows up in GT only to get stomped, then dies when earth explodes and remains in Hell because he said to be evil to Yenma.

- Gets overhelmed by Tagoma, then killed by Frieza to protect Gohan in ROF.

- Lost to Frost, then his arms gets destroyed like paper and suffers to regen them when in previous arcs he did not suffer that much.

- He is going to get eliminated to protect Gohan since his attacks barely works on the U6 Namekians.

Note: In the movies he gets attacked in the first movie by Garlic Jr. minions, says he can't destroy an ice block, then gets blowned and becomes mind controlled, then gets pierced by Cooler beam and etc. Movie Piccolo normally gets stomped by most movie villains [Slug, Super A.13, Meta Cooler, Broly, Hatchiyack, Bojack and etc.]

PridedWaif said:
I find it funny how some think Goku is low 2-C but Vegeta, Frieza, 17, and Gohan aren't 3-A. Despite the series showing and claiming othrwise.
Bruh....they already are 3-A in this wiki.

Okay, watched Episode 117.

• First, it's important to note that none of the combatants there are Super Saiyan Blue level. Ribrianne's best feat is briefly fighting Super Saiyan Vegeta.
  • And yes, while 17 fought Blueberry Goku, both fighters were suppressed and testing each other. 17 is stronger than Super Saiyan Goku, but not as strong as Blue. Even more now post the Zenkais Goku got in the tournament.
  • 18 and 17 were fighting against Ribrianne and Rosie pretty well, though 17 had the slight advantage.
  • Then Ribrianne gets boosted by the Power of Love and grows giant. She got a lot stronger and definitely capable of defeating 18 normally.
  • Then 18 herself gets boosted by the power of her Love for Krillin and beats amped Ribrianne.
My conclusions:

18 fighting Ribrianne normally is an outlier. I don't wanna hear it. Yes, she is undoubtedly stronger than her Android Saga self, seeing as she should be above Buu Saga Base Gohan, and can also scare Shin shitless, but saying she became 3-A just by sparing with Krillin and reaching the tournament would be absurd.

It would also make Krillin and the other humans like, at least 3-B seeing that they aren't that behind her.

18 was also treated as fodder compared to 17 throughout the whole tournament, constantly being saved by 17. This is most noticeable when she is blitzed by Katopesla and is about to be punched by him, but then 17 casually blitzes and overpowers Katopesla.

The same Katopesla who in today's episode was being humiliated by a base Vegeta, even after amping his strength by 300.

I am 100% against Base 18 being 3-A, but I am fine with 3-A Power of Love 18.

why fairy tail -verse is not at least solar system level? the power of friendship> the power of love no?

I agree with Matt in this Point

Well, the "Power of Love" seems to be something that literally exists in Dragon Ball, seeing as the Universe 2 fighters literally use it as an energy source.

I agree with Matt, but i fear that Super writing will make her fighting against 3-A opponents.

Matthew Schroeder@
I agree with everything execpt for 17 not being stronger then Super Saiyan Goku.

When 17 fought Goku he forced Goku to turn Blue, Goku straight up admits he had no plans of turning Blue against 17 he had no choice.

Dende even says if 17 was still a enemy it would mean trouble. Now 17 being equal to SSB Goku at full power is all opinion but to say he's not Blue level is foolish.

So far 17 hasn't even been hurt this entire arc.

Constantly being saved by Android 17? Didn't that happen once lol.

Also, i really don't care since the scailing is already messed up the way it is.

It happens like 5 times. Even when Kefla is powering up both Androids are sent flying away but 17 adjusts his position first and grabs the still-flying 18. Hell, it happens in yesterday's episode with how 17 saves the wounded 18 from attacks from the U2 fighters.

The scaling really isn't that messed up. This fallacious appeal annoys the hell out of me. Just because a lot of characters became 3-A and received upgrades, doesn't mean that literally everyone can gain them from now on.

Gohan, 17, Freeza and Piccolo all have reasons and explanations for their gains. 18 has none, and has far more consistent showings of not being High 4-C.

@Poinciana

Goku was still suppressed in Blue, and in the Tournament of Power Super Saiyan Vegeta does better against Ribrianne and Rosie than 17 does. and Blue is clearly portrayed as far, far above either of the Androids.

No, I don't agree with 3-A "power of love" 18.

Makes no sense.

Rebrianne being High 4-C to 4-B would make more sense lol

It doesn't matter if he was suppressed as Blue because 17 stomped SSJ Goku and threw him around like a rag doll forcing him into Blue.

Unless Goku lied when he said 17 forced him into Blue then 17 is Blue level.

(Not Full Power Blue Level)

Also did you miss it when Base Goku and Vegeta beat the hell out of Ribrianne with ease? Goku easily kept up with Super Ribrianne and Vegeta took her out in one hit.

Ribrianne really isn't High 4-C. She is 3-A, but it is debatable if she is on the level of Base Goku / Veggie or their Super Saiyan forms. Probably in-between. Which also helps us define on which level 17 currently is.

The Power of Love is a literal energy source that the Universe 2 fighters use in combat and to empower themselves. If I had to guess it is either something different from Ki, or a weird form of Ki that relies heavily on a fighter's Yüki and Shōki through specific ways, but not so much on their Genki.

Ribrianne being High 4-C wouldn't make sense though. She's supposed to be the ace fighter of Universe 2 which should make her stronger than Jimeze who was able to beat up Base Gohan.

Poinciana1971 said:
It doesn't matter if he was suppressed as Blue because 17 stomped SSJ Goku and threw him around like a rag doll forcing him into Blue.

Unless Goku lied when he said 17 forced him into Blue then 17 is Blue level.

(Not Full Power Blue Level)

Also did you miss it when Base Goku and Vegeta beat the hell out of Ribrianne with ease? Goku easily kept up with Super Ribrianne and Vegeta took her out in one hit.
Yes, Base Goku and Vegeta could fight with Ribrianne, who is stronger than Rosie. This only goes to show that 17 is not Blue level. He was probably above Super Saiyan Goku but beneath Blue before the Tournament, but Goku's tournament gains have made him way higher than 17.

You do realize that 17 and Goku were sparring, both holding back by their own admission, right?

Matthew I really want to question do you have a grudge against Android 17 or something? Now you're trying to say 17 is possibly somewhere in between Pre-Jiren base and Super Saiyan by scaling him to the Universe 2 Characters.

Peter1129 said:
Matthew I really want to question do you have a grudge against Android 17 or something? Now you're trying to say 17 is possibly somewhere in between Pre-Jiren base and Super Saiyan by scaling him to the Universe 2 Characters.
Considering that he didn't instantly stomp Rosie, who is beneath Ribrianne, who is between Base Goku and Super Saiyan Goku, I say that 17 clearly isn't Blue level.

But there is no actual way of finding out if Goku and Vegeta were even going all out in base. They can hold back to their opponent's level. I personally never use their base forms to gauge anyone else's strength. Sure their full powered base is 3-A, but they can go from normal human level, PL of 10, 8-C to literally any tier using their base forms.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Ribrianne really isn't High 4-C. She is 3-A, but it is debatable if she is on the level of Base Goku / Veggie or their Super Saiyan forms. Probably in-between. Which also helps us define on which level 17 currently is.
The Power of Love is a literal energy source that the Universe 2 fighters use in combat and to empower themselves. If I had to guess it is either something different from Ki, or a weird form of Ki that relies heavily on a fighter's Yüki and Shōki through specific ways, but not so much on their Genki.
No it doesn't help us with 17's level because 17 stomped SSJ Goku while holding back a lot.

Considering that he didn't instantly stomp Rosie, who is beneath Ribrianne, who is between Base Goku and Super Saiyan Goku, I say that 17 clearly isn't Blue level.

Most people already agreed on Android 17 being NEAR Tournament of Power SSB. As there are feats supporting it. You seem to be the only one who thinks he's not even close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back