• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama's shock waves are bigger than jiren's ones, so he is stronger than jire - a saitama fanboy

Goku---So this is Beerus' full power!?!? He can defeat all of the other gods in existence!! He is truly amazing...

Beerus---What? I'm not even using 0.000001% of my power...

God no!, I just heard about the Beerus vs the other GoD... Thank goodness we use the anime.

I am hyped to see Gohan vs Frieza next episode and Manga Beerus is boss i wonder if there is a mortal stronger than hakaishins in the manga

The manga reveled Quitela is the one who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match.

Its possible the mortal stronger than the GoDs is from U4 and in tournament.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
So that confirms the stronger mortal is U4 then.

Not sure I like that, i liked the idea of jiren being the one.
He may very well be. Thr manga always takes a slightly different path than the anime.

Why all the hype for jiren if he isn't the one mortal they are talking about ? toei is going to far to mislead the people IMO

RadicalMrR said:
The manga reveled Quitela is the one who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match.
Its possible the mortal stronger than the GoDs is from U4 and in tournament.
You got that from a credible source?

RadicalMrR said:
I think it was Devilscorpse on twitter. Herms was retweeting his translations.
I looked through his twitter yesterday just because of this and found nothing referring that. I'll give it another look though

Edit: nevermind found it now! Still this seems like too big of a plot point for the manga to be different than the anime.

It cannot be Monna and Shantsa because both were not mentioned by any gods and fought with normal fighters, likely same for Damon and Dercori because their strategy is to hide themselfes from the fighters and seems to be the duo type of thing.

@Everyone remember that Toyotaro and Toei only work from drafts given by Toriyama. If toriyama doesnt specify who this "stronger than GoD" guy is in his draft, both manga and anime will differ greatly.

PaChi2 said:
@Everyone remember that Toyotaro and Toei only work from drafts given by Toriyama. If toriyama doesnt specify who this "stronger than GoD" guy is in his draft, both manga and anime will differ greatly.
If Toriyama has this little input in DBS then we might as well call it non-canon like GT.

Its not like he has little input, its just that plot is more important than vsdebates. Who's stronger than a GoD doesnt have relevance in regards to the plot, imo.

Also, bear in mind that toriyama seemingly doesnt care for powerscaling or at least doesnt give any details to Toei or Toyotaro, otherwise Beerus wouldnt stomp the other GoDs in the manga, Goku wouldnt use Hakai in the manga and wouldnt hold his own against Fused Zamasu. Battles are not described by him except for some details.

And Im not saying the manga is wrong or anything, just different to the anime.

So in my opinion, whether jiren is that mortal or not, he is still the strongest being in the tournament. Otherwise, the 109 episode tittle wouldnt reference him as the "mightiest foe"

Dark649 said:
It cannot be Monna and Shantsa because both were not mentioned by any gods and fought with normal fighters, likely same for Damon and Dercori because their strategy is to hide themselfes from the fighters and seems to be the duo type of thing.
Well the keywords were the god of destruction "can't defeat", not that they were strong. It could be Damon, he can't be defeated because Damon hides from sight and is invisible to even the gods, so Quitela can't "defeat him" because he can't find him.

It would also be other bug, heck it could even be Monna or Shansta. Whis never said that the mortal was stronger, just that he "couldn't defeat him". This could be from some type of special ability, not necessarlly strength. As Universe 4 overall seems to be focusing on special abilities rather than strength.

Oops in the anime he said "can't defeat". But in the manga Whis said "stronger"... Uhhhh Yeah I don't know anymore. DBS too inconsistent.

Thebluedash said:
Oops in the anime he said "can't defeat". But in the manga Whis said "stronger"... Uhhhh Yeah I don't know anymore. DBS too inconsistent.
Did the manga ecen talk about the mortal?

Not sure, but apparently they did, not too sure might just be youtubers hyping crap up, but wanted to mention that just incase cause my entire point is based on the anime wording of "can't defeat".

Thebluedash said:
Not sure, but apparently they did, not too sure might just be youtubers hyping crap up, but wanted to mention that just incase cause my entire point is based on the anime wording of "can't defeat".
Oh ok. I still dont think is universe 4 tho. I think that the "mortal stronger than gods" and "beerus loosing an arm wrestling match to a GOD" were two seperate things, and toei just happened to merged the two. I find it hard to believe is universe 4 when future events are hyping up jiren as the "mightiest" being.

I think the God of Destruction Beerus lost an arm wrestling match with, and the God of Destrctuion that's stronger than him are not the same God of Destruction. And I personally think the GoD that's stronger than Beerus is either Belmod or Gin. If it's Belmod, then Jiren, in all likelihood, would be the mortal that's stronger than his God of Destruction. I think it could also be Gin because of that time the exempt Universe GoDs sparred with each other and Gin further noted that it would be obvious what would happen if he sparred too.

I find it very hard to believe this powerful mortal is part of the Universe 4 team. I suppose it's possible that this mortal is indeed from Universe 4 but simply did not participate in the tournament. But I'm doubtful of that.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
I find it very hard to believe this powerful mortal is part of the Universe 4 team. I suppose it's possible that this mortal is indeed from Universe 4 but simply did not participate in the tournament. But I'm doubtful of that.
Me too because he/she would have rappresented a powerful force for the survival of said universe instead of being erased when said universe lost its members.

You guys see the recent spoilers Geekdom101 posted? The money fight is happening! And no, I'm not talking about Goku vs Jiren. But I am talking about a certain someone vs Jiren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back