• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts.

Yes it is very unlikely that a FTL statement would be made about someone if they were astronomically faster than light. However feats and powerscaling take precedence over character statements. They always have here. We wouldn't upgrade someone to FTL based upon a character statement if their direct feats and powerscaling contradict it. So why should we grade someone to FTL based upon a character statement if their direct feats and powerscaling contradict it?

Now whether or not you think Beerus, Champa and Whis's travel feats relate to combat or if they scale to Goku, is an entirely different argument. However if we can agree that there are MFTL+ feats that people previously powerscaled to, then this statement doesn't mean anything.

Also worth noting is that Toppo also said "faster than sound" in conjunction to "faster than light" despite sound and light having a massive gap as well. This of course doesn't prove Toppo meant to say MFTL+, but it does indicate that his style of describing things isn't always just barely above what he says.

Matthew Schroeder said:
"Úƒ│ÚǃÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÕàëÚǃÒéÆÒééÞÂàÒüêÒüƒÞÂàÚǃÒü«µêªÕú½"
What exactly is the big deal about this line?

"He moves faster than the speed of sound and light?"

So what, that's just a statement that the dude is FTL. Doesn't contradict the current speeds since they are also FTL, just a higher level of it.

Dragon Ball fans freak out so much. You should be a Saint Seiya fan. By statements, Gold Saints are only Lightspeed to FTL. That doesn't mean their feats don't exist.
Exactly, they only stated that he was FTL, but it doens't mean that they are not massively FTL+ or even more, people see anything as a downgrade or outiliner these days, jeez, if they are not at leats massively FTL then how whis can cross at least 4 galaxies in 28 minutes or if you pick Arale episode as canon in he can get to Earth in seconds this phrase is just a phrase confirming that they can move more than FTL lul

...So do we downgrade every Immeasurable and Irrelevant verse because we don't get anyone giving us statements about how time and space can't apply to their movement and battles?

If we have the feats, I'm pretty sure a character saying one stupid statement or two matters as much as Josuke in JJBA saying Crazy Diamond was like 60km/h in combat or something to that effect when they clearly have MFTL feat to scale from.

tbh when has Saint Seiya ever actually had good combat speed feats? The best I've ever heard of is like a billion punches in a second or whatever and that's just FTL-FTL+

LordXcano said:
tbh when has Saint Seiya ever actually had good combat speed feats? The best I've ever heard of is like a billion punches in a second or whatever and that's just FTL-FTL+
Moshi moshi, bait desu.

Enough with the baiting, saint seiya has numerous speed feats beyond light speed.

Feats>statements, it doesn't matter if you are only stated to be mach 3, if you have consistent mhs feats, the mhs feats will take precedent.

Matthew Schroeder said:
So what, that's just a statement that the dude is FTL. Doesn't contradict the current speeds since they are also FTL, just a higher level of it.
Dragon Ball fans freak out so much. You should be a Saint Seiya fan. By statements, Gold Saints are only Lightspeed to FTL. That doesn't mean their feats don't exist.
Yes, but Dyspo's speed is not continuous or can not move fast in succession. Dyspo can only reach its maximum speed for a short period of time and his movements are too linear (that's why Goku and Hit could fight the speed of Dyspo).

Dyspo speed
Dyspo speed 02
The Time-Skip has an interval that allows the sound to reach Dyspo's ears.

Saint Seiya characters can move, fight and react at speeds higher than light continuously.

@Lancelot

So can Dragon Ball. Look at feats. The series has been Sub-Relativistic+ since the Raditz days and by SSJ Goku it was already FTL.

FateAlbane said:
>> Universe Inflation Speed

>> Does not have speed.

I hope to death this is bait.
It doesn't. The universe didn't "grow" from 1 cm to 1 m or whatever. The universe was infinitely large before the big bang and it was infinitely large after. No distance was crossed through the entire big bang, and without distance being crossed there is no velocity to it.

Sure it did, it's called the inflationary epoch. Surprised you don't know about this. It's the expansion of space itself.

I'm trying my hardest to take that argument seriously.

And I'm failing just as hard right about now, because it made me laugh.

>> All accepted already.

>> Wouldn't even be in the profiles if not for the revisions.

>> Can someone here prove those speeds are legit because I want to disprove them based on a single statement from an unreliable source (character) despite the feats?

...See, hard to take this seriously.

SomebodyData said:
>Wants to see if there is any abilities he missed this episode.
>Goes to this thread for that.

>Sees thread.

>Nopes outta of the timeline.
I wanted to talk about how chilling and sad it was to see Toppo drop his justice ideaology.

'k, Xcano, you're either failing really hard at reading or you're failing really hard at baiting. Whatever it is, this simply tells me that I'd have more luck talking to a door at this point.

'So, who excluded the reply of the guy above who pointed out that trolling stuff?

Because to a degree, he is right.

This is either some copious ammount of baiting as I see literally no proper argument being made to the so-called "downgrades" and no proper response to the points given. Or this is either really... Well, being civil prevents me from saying it. Anyways, I don't want to believe someone is legit trusting a point that is wrong on this many levels.

In both cases, discussing this is simply wasting time, so really, that's all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back