• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Champa couldn't keep up with Dyspo, and Vados barely could, that would mean Dyspo, serious Hit and Goku, and all characters in that tier range should be faster than the gods of destruction, until it gets retconned as always. :)))))))))))
CUCKED DBS

So ... at least FTL Dyspo, and he could speed up at least 1000 times... "MFTL+" still being a possibility in this context.

I remember someone saying earlier DBS would watch up to Saint Seiya, after going on one of their profiles, that's not happening.

He also bragged about him surpassing the speed of sound as well, and Dyspo increases his speed "thousands" of times, with light speed being high 6 digits mach, so there's that.

Doesn't matter lol. Guess this also is further confirmation that Saiyan Beyond God doesn't exist. :^)

Downgrade to what? unknown?, he can still erase the universe in an instant

Sorry I'm a bit lazy and I'd like to know: what kind of feat did we have in ep 104? Also according to some youtubers who can read japanese (they had their informations from officials scans), apparently universe 2 also has a tsuful in their team (probably the old dude with a mustache).

Also universe 4 will have haxed guys: they will use telekinesis, psychic powers and hypnotic powers. Also the 2 "secret" warriors of U4 are some kind mosquitos.

"Úƒ│ÚǃÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÕàëÚǃÒéÆÒééÞÂàÒüêÒüƒÞÂàÚǃÒü«µêªÕú½"

What exactly is the big deal about this line?

"He moves faster than the speed of sound and light?"

So what, that's just a statement that the dude is FTL. Doesn't contradict the current speeds since they are also FTL, just a higher level of it.

Dragon Ball fans freak out so much. You should be a Saint Seiya fan. By statements, Gold Saints are only Lightspeed to FTL. That doesn't mean their feats don't exist.

Agreed, don't see what the big deal is either, dyspo is faster than light, that doesn't contradict the current speeds.

Anyway this was a pretty good episode.

The reason it's a problem is because generally people don't say "this car is faster than 50 mph" to mean "this car is actually 200 mph". He's FTL, sure, but trying to say "Oh Toppo actually meant 1,000,000,000,000,000c" by that is just reaching.

Dypso is probably one of the fastest characters in the series. He is so fast that characters who are casually 1,000,000,000c - 1,000,000,000,000,000c have difficulties keeping up with him.

@Xcano

It said he was FTL. 1 Quadrillion times FTL is FTL. There is no contradiction here. Feats are feats.

I think the problem here is that everyone is assuming there were 1,000,000,000+c reaction feats to begin with, of which there are none. DBS has provided approximately 0 good combat speed feats over the entire series, so it isn't like an FTL Dypso would really contradict anything other than 1 feat from Namek Saga.

Yes, technically saying "above 299792458 m/s" can mean anything from 299792458 m/s to infinity, but anybody who speaks the English language knows that whenever someone says "above this" without any further emphasis they mean "in that general ballpark". Especially when they are saying it practically in tandem with said person giving them an at least 2000x boost in speed.

Even without bringing up travel speed neither Goku nor Hit nor Vegeta have ever actually travelled between planets on their own. They, quite simply, have just never displayed an undeniably FTL feat of any sort. We scale them to people who were holding back to begin with for some reason.

^ Exactly, especially when Toppo said he also surpassed the speed of sound, which should be an insignificant detail if he was purely FTL. Dyspo also said he could also increase his speed thousands of times in an instant (linearly at that) before Toppo's statement, which would make sense of Toppo mentioning the speed of sound.

Hit and Goku pretty much stated that Dyspo cannot use that speed in actual manuvering combat, since he only uses it in linear movements.

@Xcano

The statement is that Dypso is FTL. How FTL? We know how FTL he and other characters are by feats, Billions to Quadrillions of times.

And many of these 1 Billion to 1 Quadrillion c feats are done extremely casually, when said characters who were holding back were putting even less effort than during their fights.

Please stay civil and try not to insult, provoke or make accusations about each other everyone.

"Hit and Goku pretty much stated that Dyspo cannot use that speed in actual manuvering combat, since he only uses it in linear movements."

This means he's likely quintillions of times FTL by scaling.

I agree. Regardless of anything why bring up something so irrelevant as sound speed if we're talking about speed in an entirely different realm on its own immediately after?

Shame it took Dyspo to prove that Goku and crew are faster than at least Champa and Beerus, when I guarantee Beerus will go back to the old "I only need 1% against you" bs. )):

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
I agree. Regardless of anything why bring up something so irrelevant as sound speed if we're talking about speed in an entirely different realm on its own immediately after?
Do you realize this argument works the other way around as well?

You are trying to imply it can't be Massively FTL+, despite the existence of feats which always go before statements, because of a "Speed of sound" statement that just relates to a character boasting.

It's like you're acting as if the second half of the quote doesn't exist.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Xcano
The statement is that Dypso is FTL. How FTL? We know how FTL he and other characters are by feats, Billions to Quadrillions of times.
If some guy says "I'm so strong I can easily move this mountain and more" does that justify a multi-galactic ranking? No. He's clearly saying "I am of course strong enough to move a mountain, but I am still within the general ballpark of moving a mountain". Otherwise he would've said something like "I am so strong I can move a galaxy and more" or at the very least something like "I can casually move this mountain without even trying".

Dypso uses a thousands of times speed boost and only gets stated to move faster than sound and even light. Not even an "easily faster than light" or something implying going FTL is something casual for him. None of that. The implication is very clearly that he's within the ball park of 300,000 km/s, that likely only being with his thousands of times speed amp.

Ryukama said:
Please stay civil and try not to insult, provoke or make accusations about each other everyone.
I think its a bit too late for that ryu because we all know of the kind of shitstorm that can be brought on by downplaying dragon ball.

@Xcano

You have to be pretty incapable of understanding how natural-sounding script works if you really expect characters to stop and start boasting about their speed in precise numbers. I challenge you to find one character who is Massively FTL+ in the millions c or more by statements alone, you won't.

At best all of these characters get is "I am FTL", and how do they demonstrate it? By crossing interstellar or intergalactic distances in a short-timeframe, or moving in picoseconds and whatnot.

The statement is just giving the general ballpark, which is: Faster-than-Light. How FTL we learn by feats.

And considering how his amps makes Champa who is 1,000,000,000,000,000c struggle to see him, I don't see how it is anything but Massively FTL+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back