• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feats > statements. Characters should remain mftl.

In regards to Dyspo, I think it's possible that he's the fastest mortal in Dragon Ball, but only with his amp ability, which has a clear weakness.

In other words, Dyspo has a base speed, which has no weakness and he can maneuver like anyone else. And it scales to anyone else around his power. But he can amp it in short burst for an instant. During this amp, he's faster than any mortal, the Hakaishin, and Zeno. But not without compromise (forced to move linearly).

And regarding Zeno, he shouldn't be downgraded, at least not below MFTL. He couldn't see Dyspo, but he saw Goku and Toppo fight just fine.

RadicalMrR said:
Dyspo's technique * any prior speed feat
With nothing to prove 1000x FTL speeds.

Prior speed feats being scaled directly from Beerus's fight with Goku, scaled from his travel feat.

Remember that time when Goku said if that spaceship leaves Earth's orbit with 17's animals, they were done for?

Remember those times people always got hit with solar flare and knew it was coming?

>Combat speed fallacy

Yet almost every profile I've seen has a distinction between types of speed.

Eppep

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Feats > statements. Characters should remain mftl.
In regards to Dyspo, I think it's possible that he's the fastest mortal in Dragon Ball, but only with his amp ability, which has a clear weakness.

In other words, Dyspo has a base speed, which has no weakness and he can maneuver like anyone else. And it scales to anyone else around his power. But he can amp it in short burst for an instant. During this amp, he's faster than any mortal, the Hakaishin, and Zeno. But not without compromise (forced to move linearly).

And regarding Zeno, he shouldn't be downgraded, at least not below MFTL. He couldn't see Dyspo, but he saw Goku and Toppo fight just fine.
That is what I saw too, but people likes to start downgrading everything LOL I went here to talk about Toppo and Dyspo being the fastest mortal... but you know the rest

How to end a silly discussion: This will all be revised after the tournament of power.

Stop derailing. Leave these so-called arguments for that day, as this discussion being made here will ultimately lead nowhere.

Beerus puts a lot more effort into fighting Goku than cruising through space, ergo his speed when fighting Goku > His Massively FTL+ feats.

Rocket Science this ain't not.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You entirely missed the point that the expansion of space itself is faster than the speed of light within space.
The speed at which space "moves" depends on where you're standing. The "speed" between me and my computer is so small as to be immeasurable, but the speed between me and a galaxy beyond the light horizon is "FTL". The same concept would apply to the Big Bang. It simply varies.

LordXcano said:
The speed at which space "moves" depends on where you're standing. The "speed" between me and my computer is so small as to be immeasurable, but the speed between me and a galaxy beyond the light horizon is "FTL". The same concept would apply to the Big Bang. It simply varies.
Use logic.

With the initial expansion of the Big Bang, it means the entire expansion, i.e, the universe going from roughly the size of a proton to roughly the size of a grapefruit in the period from 10^-45 to 10^-35 seconds.

Even if you don't scale Goku to Beerus, Beerus and Champa had trouble tracking Dyspo. So Dyspo's speed amp allows him to achieve speed faster than Beerus. And Beerus himself has a direct mftl feat. So Dyspo is mftl.

And whether you like it or not, Goku now scales to Dyspo. Not saying Goku is faster than him, but if Dyspo is mftl, there's no way Goku is below light speed, even if Dyspo's amp had a weakness. No amount of outsmarting or weakness exploiting would allow Goku to deal with such a speed difference.

FateAlbane said:
'k, Xcano, you're either failing really hard at reading or you're failing really hard at baiting. Whatever it is, this simply tells me that I'd have more luck talking to a door at this point.
I believe you should settle down with the passive aggressiveness here, even if you don't like the person. Especially since the show in question, is Dragon Ball.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Use logic.

With the initial expansion of the Big Bang, it means the entire expansion, i.e, the universe going from roughly the size of a proton to roughly the size of a grapefruit in the period from 10^-45 to 10^-35 seconds.
The universe didn't go from the size of a proton to the size of a grapefruit. It went from infinity to infinity tin 10^-45 seconds. The Big Bang added no size to the universe.

What in Zeno's name did I just click on? I'm looking for a discussion about the latest episode and all I get is a discussion about Dragon Ball speed feats and Saint Saiya Speed feats plus more...

Jeeezzzz you can't go anywhere to have a good discussion now a days.

"Beerus puts a lot more effort into fighting Goku than cruising through space, ergo his speed when fighting Goku > His Massively FTL+ feats."

False equivalence.

Thebluedash said:
I believe you should settle down with the passive aggressiveness here, even if you don't like the perso. Especially since the show in question, is Dragon Ball.
>> When people put words in my mouth.

But sure.

Blue meant even if you don't like someone, you should treat them with respect. Or even if you hypothetically didn't like Xcano, it's best to stay civil with him. He wasn't accusing you of hating Xcano.

Matt at it again with the fallacies.

>Beerus blatantly stated to have hold back, comparing gokus power and his like a rock and a enormous castle.

>Beerus never stated to have held back his speed when travelling.

Kappa kappa kappa

@Fate I never said you disliked Xcano, I said "even if". Please read my words correctly. I also don't like it when someone doesn't take warnings seriously. Consider this your 2nd warning.

LordAizenSama said:
Matt at it again with the fallacies.

>Beerus blatantly stated to have hold back, comparing gokus power and his like a rock and a enormous castle.

>Beerus never stated to have held back his speed when travelling.

Kappa kappa kappa
First, that's not a fallacy. Do you know the definition of one?

Can you not interpret a scene or do you need spoon-feeding? When Beerus flies he looks bored as **** and is clearly not putting effort into it. When he fought Goku he was actually enjoying the fight and visibly trying.

You're the one who is using a fallacy. You are acting that just because Beerus is stated to be suppressed during the fight, it means he's lower when he's suppressed in another instance.

You know I actually said this is one of two things that would happen when this episode came out up in the earlier comments of the thread and low and behold I was right but now I wish I was wrong.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Xcano
Kay.

http://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/topics_bigbang_inflation.html

"By some calculations, inflation increased the size of the universe by a factor of around 10^26 during that tiny fraction (far less than a trillionth) of a second, expanding it from smaller than the size of a proton to about the size of a grapefruit."
The article is being simplistic, the universe is infinite in size and always has been. The space between two points increased 10^26 in a trillionth of a second during the inflationary epoch depending on which reference point you use, but the universe itself did not grow at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back