• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like that to happen too.

But still, what would we even do for the tiers if Super officially makes GT part of the timeline after Super?

The Everlasting said:
But still, what would we even do for the tiers if Super officially makes GT part of the timeline after Super?
If they pull that by refusing Shin and Kibito, Goku and Vegeta giving up their God powers and Beerus and Whis leaving the Z fighters [The chances of these things to happen is very slim]. Baby, Super 17, SS4 Goku and Vegeta and most of the Dragons are 3-A.

The Everlasting said:
I'd like that to happen too.

3As all around seriously tho if they do I hope they at least remake it.

Good lord people... I wasn't here to comment on this(Was playing Persona 5...)

Regarding #17

Yes, it was a weak excuse to buff 17 up in power. But at the very least we got something for him. It happened, he's 3-A, it's over with. Can we move on. This is what happens when you bring back old characters and want to make them comparable to the current levels. The wrote themselves into a corner with the whole 40 hours when they should've written in some type of special training from Whis. Heck that may still happen, we will have to wait. The arc isn't over yet. Can we just enjoy the scenes and such instead of worrying about powerscaling only. Bad powerscaling =/= the show is crap. Bad powerscaling = The series has Bad Powerscaling. If we get 3-A Roshi, then we get 3-A Roshi. There ain't nothing we can do to stop it. I'm fine with criticisms here and there, but I am not fine with flat out calling a show crap just because you disagree with somethings. If you hate the show don't watch it. If you continue the show, then I can accept criticism, but not full on hatred.

There are much more interesting things to talk about than outliners etc. For example, this one. I stil believe that both fusions are stronger. Merged Zamasu seems completely immortal in the new the chapter. Also, no purple Merged Zamasu.

There no purpel zamasu , also apparently zamasu got the buu treatment from vegito in the manga he didn't stood a chance at all

Hmm hold on there, now the whole 17 things really depends if it is toriyama's idea or toei's idea. Like in the manga if goku just goes to everyone to recruit them without fighting them, then that means the 17 vs ssb was a toei only thing which didn't come from toriyama, what would we do in that case?

The Living Tribunal1 said:
Hmm hold on there, now the whole 17 things really depends if it is toriyama's idea or toei's idea. Like in the manga if goku just goes to everyone to recruit them without fighting them, then that means the 17 vs ssb was a toei only thing which didn't come from toriyama, what would we do in that case?
Does it matter ? SSBKK isn't even a thing in the magan , they follow the anime here not the manga

Doesn't matter, Toriyama's isn't god nor does he have full control over DBS. He doesn't even write it, just gives basic guidance and ideas. Anime is the primary canon over the Toyotaro Adaptation which often ruins the plot (Destroying the reason for Zamasu's motivation).

There is a statement from Shin which says: "Amazing! Perhaps Vegeth's power has surpassed even Lord Beerus'!" in the latest manga chapter

Will post proof asap

The thing is, now that we accept that toriyama doesnt have much of a say when it comes to the anime, and that the anime writers only have snipets of information from toriyama to work on, then why do we not accept the dbz kai anime, which, instead of snipets, was based on the full fleshed out story laid out by toriyama. In both cases, toriyama had a bit of an involvement, and the kai anime is based on a more elaborate version.

Ehm.. where? I checked the thread and found nothing
Here:

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
There are much more interesting things to talk about than outliners etc. For example, this one. I stil believe that both fusions are stronger. Merged Zamasu seems completely immortal in the new the chapter. Also, no purple Merged Zamasu.

Darkinx said:
There is a statement from Shin which says: "Amazing! Perhaps Vegeth's power has surpassed even Lord Beerus'!" in the latest manga chapter

Will post proof asap
vegito's strength? Yeah thats likely the case already lmfao. I mean it would have been absurd if a fused ssb wouldnt surpass beerus considering how op fusions are compared to initial fighters.

Well the thing is, Toriyama does not own Dragon Ball Super, he has given the full license to Toei animation. The manga is officially stated to be promotional material. Main product > promotional product, regardless of what Toriyama wrote. Toyataro's manga is not like the original Dragon Ball manga

Darkinx said:

Will post proof asap
vegito's strength? Yeah thats likely the case already lmfao. I mean it would have been absurd if a fused ssb wouldnt surpass beerus considering how op fusions are compared to initial fighters.
It would've been so bad if manga hadn't stated this though.

Can someone edit Vegito?

Darkinx said:
Moving him to the top tiers and adding Shin's statement
Sorry, we are sticking the Anime version which is the main product and in here it does not state if Vegito is stronger then the gods.

Dark649 said:
Darkinx said:
Moving him to the top tiers and adding Shin's statement
Sorry, we are sticking the Anime version which is the main product and in here it does not state if Vegito is stronger then the gods.
It does not state it but it doesn't say otherwise. What's your point?

That the manga version of Super Saiyan God/Blue Vegito is stronger than Beerus and very likely all the other gods, while in the Anime is only a speculation and so for now Anime Vegito stays below the gods.

Dark649 said:
That the manga version of Super Saiyan God/Blue Vegito is stronger than Beerus and very likely all the other gods, while in the Anime is only a speculation and so for now Anime Vegito stays below the gods.
I don't get it. Anime and Manga have never gone against each other. They have differences but they're the same thing.. so why would Anime Vegito be a speculation?

Darkinx said:
They have differences but they're the same thing..
No. Hit and Future Zamasu were defeated by the Super Saiyan God Form instead of the Blue one, Goku Black has a Super Saiyan Form, which never appeared in the Anime and etc.

Darkinx said:
Why would Anime Vegito be a speculation?
Because this statement is never mentioned in the Anime, if this is mentioned in the Anime then it can be applied.

Darkinx said:
Dark649 said:
I don't get it. Anime and Manga have never gone against each other. They have differences but they're the same thing.. so why would Anime Vegito be a speculation?
Because anime and manga have unique form and completely different powerscaling. And you must be joking that anime and manga haven't gone against each other.

Dark649 said:
Darkinx said:
Why would Anime Vegito be a speculation?
Because this statement is never mentioned in the Anime, if this is mentioned in the Anime then it can be applied.
That's not how this works, the Manga is a Secondary Canon to the Anime it elaborates upon what the Anime leaves out. If in fact there was a Contradictory statement in the Anime then we can't say Vegito is stronger than Beerus however on the contrary in the Anime they say that Merged Zamasu is stronger than the Gods so it makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back