• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ryukama

1 no where did I say it makes total sense I just said I love how people just say "it doesn't make sense" when they don't know what the training was and just assume he was on the island the hole time ever sense the Cell games watching the animals doing nothing but that and fighting poachers which is not true.

2 I meant people are crying over 17's power up when dumb power ups have happened before yet people are acting like this is the first time and I never said anything about 17's power up making sense its an asspull just like others and like some of the others they don't give us more info .

All I'm saying is a lot of BS has happened before but people are acting like this is the first time, when its not sorry if you thought I was trying to defeated 17's power up, I just want people to understand this isn't the first time something like this has happened and it most likely won't be the last.

@ryu you do know that android 17 acknowledged that Goku wasn't using anywhere near his full power right?...

@LordGriffith Alright.

@SD No. All that happened was 17 said Goku was holding back. Then Goku said 17 was holding back as well. And said that he's glad 17 isn't an enemy of his. Unlike with Krillin, it's implied even if Goku is still stronger, 17 is likely somewhat comparable.

I see, I see. Well thankfully, being implied generally means it has no weight less more proof is shown.

Well I don't see why Goku would state that he's happy 17's not an enemy of his under the context of him getting much stronger and establish that 17 was also holding back while evenly matching the surpressed Goku if in reality Goku was vastly superior to 17 and could one shot with his finger.

Even if we only say 17 was on base or SSJ level though. 17 becoming >>> SSJ3 Gotenks in only 6 years is also rather silly.

Darkinx said:
Frieza is an Alien. 17 is a human. The only mechanical parts he has, are the bomb (which got removed) and a core which provides him infinitive stamina. No Power boosts or something like that. So, as a human, he can't train like frieza

17 and 18 have been modified on the cellular level, and the modifications aren't necessarily/entirely mechanical. Bulma confirmed this back in Z, and then restated it a few episodes ago, which caused Beerus to freak out saying "I did not just hear that! Well, as long as they're strong!". When Bulma confirmed this back in Z, this was an explanation as to how Cell can gain power from them through absorption. There's far more to them than just "they haz bombs and infinite power core", so it's unwise to dismiss them as "just human" when they almost undoubtably have more potential than Frieza.

Also, it looks like in the next episode, Goku and 17 will be fighting alien poachers. Maybe this isn't the first time 17 has fought poachers that were alien in origin, and has come across some very powerful poachers before.

Edit: I just looked and you guys did give 17 the upgrade. lol. While I'm defending the feasibility of him becoming 3-A in 10 or so years, I actually think it's a bit premature to give him the upgrade now. Afterall, Goku was holding back. If 17 ends up having trouble against someone like Hit or Toppo etc... then he might have to be downgraded again.

Most of them will get stomped in the actual torment it just their time to shine now toei was never good at writing , we will get some cool fights , Vegeta will solo some fodders . the jiren dude will mess around for the first few episodes then he will solo most of the reaming fighters , only Goku will be the really one giving him fight , in the end he will defeat him with some new transformation or by multiple KK even more

Most of the op is just them fighting anyway

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Also, it looks like in the next episode, Goku and 17 will be fighting alien poachers. Maybe this isn't the first time 17 has fought poachers that were alien in origin, and has come across some very powerful poachers before.
Edit: I just looked and you guys did give 17 the upgrade. lol. While I'm defending the feasibility of him becoming 3-A in 10 or so years, I actually think it's a bit premature to give him the upgrade now. Afterall, Goku was holding back. If 17 ends up having trouble against someone like Hit or Toppo etc... then he might have to be downgraded again.
Power classifications are a spectrum, the only way 17 would be demoted is if he is one-shoted by those characters without effort, and even than it might not be enough.

In theory even the fighters from universe 7 would be able to train for several years until the tournament begins because of Hyperbolic Time Chamber or Whis's Scepter, so who knows how strong fighters that we have seen will be.

We always says it's better to wait until the actual tournament but some people are dying to upgrade the characters , I wonder how toei will make this even more of mess in the actual tournament

I just want roshi to force Goku go Blue and i can die happy <3

can't wait lol

It doesn't ******* matter if you guys think the Power Boost is dumb. We go by what happens, not by what you think should happen.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It doesn't ******* matter if you guys think the Power Boost is dumb. We go by what happens, not by what you think should happen.
I would love it if you can repeat these lines when 17 will get eliminated by a ssj1 tier character.

ZERO7772 said:
We always says it's better to wait until the actual tournament but some people are dying to upgrade the characters , I wonder how toei will make this even more of mess in the actual tournament

I just want roshi to force Goku go Blue and i can die happy <3

can't wait lol
Nah bruh you should wait for next 3 episodes where Goku goes Ssbkk x10 against Harry Potter.

Lina Shields said:
This could be considered an outlier for for 17. Just saying.
It really doesn't matter at this point , they are burning the power levels into the ground because they want to make the old characters relevant again , DBZ had major problem that is some characters grow so strong and the villains just continue to be stronger and stronger it make others characters irrelevant , before this arc DBS was all about Goku and vegeta and other characters were just extra and their appearance feel like fan-service

Hit The Badass said:
I would love it if you can repeat these lines when 17 will get eliminated by a ssj1 tier character.
I'm sorry but with all due respect his isn't an argument at all. It's just you responding with an unfounded prediction that 17 will become drastically weaker than he was just shown to be.

Even if that does happen, Matt's main point still stands.

As stupid or ridiculous one thinks a power boost is, if a character has an explicit reason for becoming vastly superior than beforehand (like gaining a power boost or new form) then we rate them as such.

I think it's very, very stupid that Trunks managed to pull a magic of friendship power up that had him wreck Zamasu. Doesn't mean we're downgrading him. Perhaps someone finds the idea of SSG increasing Goku's power by the decillions as dumb. We're not downgrading Tier 3 Dragon Ball.

Btw just in case anyone care or they didn't pay attention to last episode "uub" is mentioned < i really dislike him tho

Hit The Badass said:
ZERO7772 said:
Btw just in case anyone care or they didn't pay attention to last episode "uub" is mentioned < i really dislike him tho
Why? Are judging his characters from GT?
I am not sure what you mean but uub was in Z ending not just GT

Not at all.

Basic reading comprehension is required. Kuririn has been established as being weaker than Base Gohan, and Kuririn is also weaker than both Goten and Trunks. If he shows a 3-A feat with no explanation it will be an outlier. Same for Tienshinhan and Roshi, and very likely Android 18 since she never did any training.

The story has already confirmed that the Earthling Fighters have been selected for fighting skill and strategy, not power.

What makes 3-A Android 17 not an outlier is that he has an explanation: 6 years of training.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Not at all.

Basic reading comprehension is required. Kuririn has been established as being weaker than Base Gohan, and Kuririn is also weaker than both Goten and Trunks. If he shows a 3-A feat with no explanation it will be an outlier. Same for Tienshinhan and Roshi, and very likely Android 18 since she never did any training.

The story has already confirmed that the Earthling Fighters have been selected for fighting skill and strategy, not power.

What makes 3-A Android 17 not an outlier is that he has an explanation: 6 years of training.
isnt it over 10 yers? hes been training seans the cell saga which if I remmember was seven years before the buu saga.

Darkmon cns said:
isnt it over 10 yers? hes been training seans the cell saga which if I remmember was seven years before the buu saga.
Android 17 gave his energy into Goku's Spirit Bomb in both the manga and anime.

So he had to have been weaker than Buu during the time. Yeah 17 could've been training before that but his drastic change happens over the course of 6 years.

Maybe 17 could've been stronger than Buu then, but he couldn't have been that much stronger to the point where the tiniest portion of his energy would've annihilated Buu countless times over. Unless 17 for some reason was restraining himself greatly.

Ryukama said:
Maybe 17 could've been stronger than Buu then, but he couldn't have been that much stronger to the point where the tiniest portion of his energy would've annihilated Buu countless times over. Unless 17 for some reason was restraining himself greatly.
Gohan could have killed kid buu easy yet his energy didn't destroy kid buu easy it's just a plot hole.

I hope that anyone will not make a thread to upgrade the GT cast by assuming that GT 17 did the same things as DB Super 17.

I'd want GT to just be an alternate timeline like Future Trunks's. Not noncanon but still unconnected to the main series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back