• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and BTW, havee any of you guys seen the new universal rankings revealed by toei on their website?

Universe 1 is ranked at the top (but the numerical score is not shown)

To be fair, Base Goku being 3-A is possible given how he absorbed God Ki. People didn't upgrade him back then since they thought it was "inconsistent".

Ssr4vegito said:
Dbs writing is stupid as hell this probably takes place 3 or 4 years after buu saga how the heck did 17 become this strong and dont bring up the frieza thing we should wait until the tornament to see how strong each characters are and then upgrade them
Why should we not bring up the frieza thing? People are okay with Frieza reaching SSB levels after 4 months, but when 17 ,someone who is stronger than Frieza, reaches SSb level after years of training it isn't?

RadicalMrR said:
Tien is an alien.
He's an Earthling. Earth in Dragon Ball has many weird races, like talking dogs, cats and shapeshifting pigs. In Classic Dragon Ball, nobody questions' Goku status as a "human" by his tail alone. It's only after they see Oozaru that they start questioning.

Here's a bunch of ordinary people in East City .

So Tien Shinhan being a Triclops doesn't make him any less human than Krillin or Lapiz. He is still regarded as an ordinary human across the entire manga. It's only in the Guidebooks that he is retroactively said to be a descendent from aliens who came to Earth.

I know but it was the same guide books that told us about 17's kids and wife, which were expaned upon this episode, so I wouldnt be surprised if it got brought up in episode 89.

problem even if all of them are 3-A they are really haxless… so they are going to run into tons of issues with the haxful 3-As

Barry jumped from 10-B to 4-B in minutes for been infected with an alien parasite, but Krillin can't go from 5-B to possibly 3-A after training. Ok.

Someone is salty becasue Krilli isn't 3-A , honestly they should upgrade him at this point it doesn't matter

poor krillin and his fans

TISSG7Redgrave said:
problem even if all of them are 3-A they are really haxless… so they are going to run into tons of issues with the haxful 3-As
We might run into some haxed characters, we still have to be introduced to like 60 more characters.

Matthew Schroeder said:
"Hurr Durr humans in DBZ can't get strong through training."
Tien was Low 5-B in Saiyan Saga. Look what 4 years or so of training did to him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bei-UgX6bTM
Kihoko and tribeam are the most op techniques in dB, yet he only pushed cell back for a few seconds doing no damage. I don't call it a big upgrade.. and this is right, because we always have been shown and told that humans have limits.

If Goku can power down SSB to the same level as Krillin, why does he transform to SSJ1 at all? Why does SSJ1 still exist? It doesn't do anything SSB can't do. Scaling is doomed

Joseph619 said:
If Goku can power down SSB to the same level as Krillin, why does he transform to SSJ1 at all? Why does SSJ1 still exist? It doesn't do anything SSB can't do. Scaling is doomed
.....you care too much.....

and Krrilon isnt that weak plus he hardly battled blue goku.

Darkmon cns said:
.....you care too much.....
and Krrilon isnt that weak plus he hardly battled blue goku.

Krillin is weak as shit, he never trained much since Cell Arc and was struggling against random thugs few episodes back (PIS I know, just like everything in Super). Krillin is no stronger than 5-B. Which makes SSJ transformation completely useless since SSB can be both stronger and weaker than SSJ. In fact any transformation not SSB is useless, including base since SSB can be weaker than base (!), apparently

From what i remember at the start of the same episode where he beam struggled by SSB Goku, he was scratched by a cat.

People are saying Android 17 got stronger in 13 years or so, that doesn't make sense. If you recall (and yes this was also in the manga), 17 gave power to Goku's spirit ball during the fight with Buu. Buu somewhat held back the spirit ball and that was the combination of multiple people's powers. So back then 17 was weaker than Buu. So that means 17 got stronger in an extremely shorter time period.

Thebluedash said:
People are saying Android 17 got stronger in 13 years or so, that doesn't make sense. If you call (and yes this was also in the manga), 17 gave power to Goku's spirit ball during the fight with Buu. Buu somewhat held back the spirit ball and that was the combination of multiple people's powers. So back then 17 was weaker than Buu. So that means 17 got stronger in an extremely shorter time period.
or you can draw it off as a inconsistency or that he only gave alittel.

Goku had ultimate Gohan's Ki, it made no sense that Kid Buu was still pushing it back even without 17.

Also 17 had 6 years of training since then.

Thebluedash said:
People are saying Android 17 got stronger in 13 years or so, that doesn't make sense. If you recall (and yes this was also in the manga), 17 gave power to Goku's spirit ball during the fight with Buu. Buu somewhat held back the spirit ball and that was the combination of multiple people's powers. So back then 17 was weaker than Buu. So that means 17 got stronger in an extremely shorter time period.
Just make Buu Saga cast 3-a and there's no issue kkkkkkk

RadicalMrR said:
Goku had ultimate Gohan's Ki, it made no sense that Kid Buu was still pushing it back even without 17.
Also 17 had 6 years of training since then.
All he did in 6 years was beating poachers and maybe push ups (?) for training. 17 did not know about the Gods so he didn't have any ambition to become as strong as SSB in such a short time either, nor he had access to RoSaT or Whis for extra training. He's a simple park ranger lol

I don't see how anyone can find any sense in 17 getting this much stronger in 6 or so years by being a park ranger. I guess people are getting blinded by the light, or in VSB terms blinded by the wank?

I love how Saitama becoming so much stronger in such a short amount of time with minimal training (9-B to casual 5-B in 3 years) is meant to be taken as a complete joke.

Yet Dragon Ball wants us to take far more absurd instances (High 4-C to casual 3-A in 4 months-6 years) seriously lol

I love how people say "oh he's a simple park ranger" that has nothing to do with his training, it never said he was on that island from the get go. No one knows what he has done yet people just say "it doesn't make sense, 17 can't get that strong" oh please give me a break half of these other characters have just as bad or even worst reasoning for gaining that type of power lol Trunks's Rage form

I personally enjoyed the episode but the animation was tolerable

Android 17 in 6 years of training on Earth gaining power that curbstomps what Goku and Vegeta attained after 3 years with Whis in RoSaT on top of reaching 2 new god forms, 2 other forms that absolutely stomped the previous C17 and countless training beforehand doesn't make any sense.

And what does it matter if other DB characters have even dumber power boosts? It doesn't make 17's any better. Something doesn't stop becoming silly if you point to something that's sillier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back