• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Question-As I'm working on this GT profile, I'm about to remove NPI ("Can harm the Ghost Warriors"), because as far as I'm aware, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans isn't accepted as part of the Toei Canon. If it is, can I be told the reasons why so I know whether or not I should remove the ability?
Yeah, other Toei Profiles don't got that

Question-As I'm working on this GT profile, I'm about to remove NPI ("Can harm the Ghost Warriors"), because as far as I'm aware, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans isn't accepted as part of the Toei Canon. If it is, can I be told the reasons why so I know whether or not I should remove the ability?
It should be removed (also recommend removing it for Toei Goku)

Actually, that's one thing I find weird. We count Fusion Reborn as canon, so by proxy every Toei Movie (except Super Android 13) should be canon, as they all exist within the Fusion Reborn film. I actually might put that as part of my GT Revision CRT...

Actually, that's one thing I find weird. We count Fusion Reborn as canon, so by proxy every Toei Movie (except Super Android 13) should be canon, as they all exist within the Fusion Reborn film. I actually might put that as part of my GT Revision CRT...
That would create a massive ton of contradictions so idk about that

That would create a massive ton of contradictions so idk about that
I mean, the general rule of thumb for the Toei Films we already accept is that we ignore the contradictions, because they clearly happened within the scope of the plot. For example, Dead Zone cannot fit whatsoever. Dragon Balls would be inert when Raditz appeared, Goku and Gohan can't have reunited with the other Z-Team yet because of what we know about the DB-Z Timeskip, etc. etc. But it must fit because of the Garlic Jr. Return Saga in the Z Anime, and their Sacred Water from that Saga cures the Tufflization in Baby's Saga. It can't happen, and yet it objectively must. Same with Fusion Reborn already, with how Gotenks and Mystic Gohan exists, but Goku and Vegeta are simulanteously dead, Buu has been defeated (somehow), the Afterlife Tournament is happening again (despite it being heavily implied in the original Tournament these are rare events that don't take place in millenia), etc. But it must fit due to the Perfect Files, so we ignore those inconsistencies. The same would apply to all of the Z-Films.

Eh, no? Like, 1 minot appearence vs the severe contradictions most, if not all, of them have

In fact, that is more evidence for Fusion Reborn being non cannon than anything

I mean, the general rule of thumb for the Toei Films we already accept is that we ignore the contradictions
.....no? Cooler and Hirudegarn are consideres cannon purely because they have no contradictions

because they clearly happened within the scope of the plot. For example, Dead Zone cannot fit whatsoever. Dragon Balls would be inert when Raditz appeared, Goku and Gohan can't have reunited with the other Z-Team yet because of what we know about the DB-Z Timeskip, etc. etc. But it must fit because of the Garlic Jr. Return Saga in the Z Anime, and their Sacred Water from that Saga cures the Tufflization in Baby's Saga. It can't happen, and yet it objectively must.
yeah, which is why we assume it is simply a retcon that the anime made over the movie, something that is......incredibly hard to argue when you have to retcon and basically rewritte most of the stories of the movies for them to fit

Same with Fusion Reborn already, with how Gotenks and Mystic Gohan exists, but Goku and Vegeta are simulanteously dead, Buu has been defeated (somehow), the Afterlife Tournament is happening again (despite it being heavily implied in the original Tournament these are rare events that don't take place in millenia), etc. But it must fit due to the Perfect Files, so we ignore those inconsistencies. The same would apply to all of the Z-Films.
Does it need to fit to the perfect files? What is the exact statement there again? Migjt be worth making a thread over it

I mean, the general rule of thumb for the Toei Films we already accept is that we ignore the contradictions, because they clearly happened within the scope of the plot. For example, Dead Zone cannot fit whatsoever. Dragon Balls would be inert when Raditz appeared, Goku and Gohan can't have reunited with the other Z-Team yet because of what we know about the DB-Z Timeskip, etc. etc. But it must fit because of the Garlic Jr. Return Saga in the Z Anime, and their Sacred Water from that Saga cures the Tufflization in Baby's Saga. It can't happen, and yet it objectively must. Same with Fusion Reborn already, with how Gotenks and Mystic Gohan exists, but Goku and Vegeta are simulanteously dead, Buu has been defeated (somehow), the Afterlife Tournament is happening again (despite it being heavily implied in the original Tournament these are rare events that don't take place in millenia), etc. But it must fit due to the Perfect Files, so we ignore those inconsistencies. The same would apply to all of the Z-Films.
i agree with this

another reason is that despite not fitting, each film represents a specific saga with powers being similar supported by guidebooks (deadzone = raditz saga, world's strongest = vegeta saga, etc..)
so i think they're usable scaling wise

btw what's the canonicity of BoG and RoF films?

The only way Fusion reborn would be Canon, is If we take Buu Fury aphroach.

Because the film really can't fit.
almost all movies can't fit
only movie that has absolutely no contradiction is wrath of the dragon i think

return of cooler has the tiny contradiction of showing dende on earth

bojack also only misses trunks departure time

they do, but it's minor
Such as?

also cooler is accepted because frieza is mentioned to have a brother
When?

almost all movies can't fit
only movie that has absolutely no contradiction is wrath of the dragon i think
Which is why most of them aren't

return of cooler has the tiny contradiction of showing dende on earth

bojack also only misses trunks departure time
Neither of those is cannon

Ngl if Goku and Gohan weren't in their base forms I think the first Broly movie could be canon
why though? goku already terrified the Z fighters with half his strength
him being Stronger than vegeta in base form is ok
But we don't consider return of cooler Canon trought, only Revenge of cooler is Canon. Which don't have much contradictions, i think.
i know, im just saying these 2 movies are not canon despite fitting more than others
cooler one was already mentioned above, WoD is perfectly fine
not sure actually but i do remember it
which is why most of them aren't
neither of those is cannon
i know i didn't claim otherwise

why though? goku already terrified the Z fighters with half his strength
him being Stronger than vegeta in base form is ok
Bro that's not the problem 🗿

The problem is that in the days leading up to the Cell Games, Goku and Gohan were always naturally in their Super Saiyan forms, yet in the movie they're in base form

Bro that's not the problem 🗿

The problem is that in the days leading up to the Cell Games, Goku and Gohan were always naturally in their Super Saiyan forms, yet in the movie they're in base form
oh i see, this is honestly as minor as the cooler and bojack contradictions

It fits perfectly in the 10 days leading up to the Cell Games.
I don't know about perfectly, since If we take for granted, the week and a half as Jam packed.

Like, considering the filler content of the anime, then Goku and co fixing the Dragon balls issues, and some characters are taking turns to enter the time Chamber, and then we put Broly into the mix.

Like, It still can fits, but being perfectly is ehhhhh.

.....no? Cooler and Hirudegarn are consideres cannon purely because they have no contradictions
Cooler's considered canon because there's no contradictions, one of the Daizenshuu implies he's apart of the Timeline, AND he LITERALLY APPEARS in GT. Wrath of the Dragon is considered canon solely because Goku uses Dragon Fist, which debuted from that film, and because GT Trunks has Tapion's Sword, also, yes, because of lack of contradictions. However, Deadzone and Fusion Reborn do not fit this mould, and those are the films I explicitly referenced for this rule, so bringing up Cooler and Hirudegarn is completely irrelevant.
yeah, which is why we assume it is simply a retcon that the anime made over the movie, something that is......incredibly hard to argue when you have to retcon and basically rewritte most of the stories of the movies for them to fit
Which is THE POINT I'M MAKING. We do it INHERENTLY for the other two, so there is NO REASON why we shouldn't for the rest that are indirectly made canon via Fusion Reborn.
Does it need to fit to the perfect files? What is the exact statement there again? Migjt be worth making a thread over it
That's a valid but separate matter from the point. Questioning whether the Perfect Files adequately do enough to make Fusion Reborn Canon in itself is totally fine and I think it's worth bringing up in a new CRT, but is totally separate from the actual point in hand: As it currently stands, the logic that allows Dead Zone and Fusion Reborn ignore their contradictions also applies to the other Z-Films.

Just change the example, for example Piccolo interacting with souls in the Toei Anime. There’s a plethora of different ones in the DB games Ki album that belong to the toeiverse you can find some good examples.

if we accept movies based on not being contradictory why not accept bojack
trunks is there when he should be back to his future

and return of cooler?
......that one cannot fit ANYWHERE in the timeline, what do you mean "no contradictions"?

Cooler's considered canon because there's no contradictions, one of the Daizenshuu implies he's apart of the Timeline, AND he LITERALLY APPEARS in GT.
yeah.......so since the Guide isn't contradicting the anime, as in, the movie has no contradictions, we accept it as cannon

Wrath of the Dragon is considered canon solely because Goku uses Dragon Fist, which debuted from that film, and because GT Trunks has Tapion's Sword, also, yes, because of lack of contradictions.
.....yeah.......so because it has no contradictions and explains stuff.........why say the same i said?

, and those are the films I explicitly referenced for this rule, so bringing up Cooler and Hirudegarn is completely irrelevant.
..........what? no, you said it was a "rule of thumb" when no such a thing is possible, else all movies would be cannon by default, Fusion Reborn or not, the very fact that if the 2 movies mentioned had contradictions they wouldn't have been accepted is proof enough that such rule you spoke of doesn't exist

Which is THE POINT I'M MAKING. We do it INHERENTLY for the other two, so there is NO REASON why we shouldn't for the rest that are indirectly made canon via Fusion Reborn.
"iherently"? no, for Garlic Jr it is a very, VERY specific case where the main cannon material, the anime, makes him appear with a saga for himself, thus making him need to be cannon by default regardless of the problems his movie has

Neither Fusion Reborn, nor any of the other movies, has such privilege, if you are going to use the perfect files.........well, that is secondary cannon, if the main cannon contradicts it, then it is as good as nothing, the Anime gives no way for all the movies fusion reborn show to be cannon, therefore Fusion Reborn can't be cannon alongside those movies

i am now decided and certain in making a thread for fusion reborn now, thank you for showing me how much non sense that one being cannon truly is

That's a valid but separate matter from the point. Questioning whether the Perfect Files adequately do enough to make Fusion Reborn Canon in itself is totally fine and I think it's worth bringing up in a new CRT, but is totally separate from the actual point in hand: As it currently stands, the logic that allows Dead Zone and Fusion Reborn ignore their contradictions also applies to the other Z-Films.
no, Dead Zone has a VERY specific reason for why it has to be cannon, if you saw the problems with Fusion Reborn being cannon, your first instinct should be correcting it instead of trying to apply the wrong logic to all other movies imo

Back