• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Also do we still not use multipliers for forms after SSJ1?

Like I still don't get why. Even IF you say that the strength boost by SSJ2 and SSJ3 isn't consistent, that doesn't mean we can't apply the multipliers anyways as a lowballed estimate lmao. Like at that point it's literally saying "No SSJ2 has to be MORE than a 2x boost!" "Then why don't we just say it's at least 2x if not more?" "I uh..."
We do, SSJ 2 is currently a 100x multiplier and SS3 is a 400x one

Just say you a Vegeta hater 😭
Vegeta is like my top 3 fav DB characters bro. But he really hasn't taken out a single main bad guy the whole series. Even in the ToP he was explicitly referred to as the second fiddle to Goku. They know it, everybody knows it. Man can catch W's but not big ones, it's just the narrative against him.

Vegeta is like my top 3 fav DB characters bro. But he really hasn't taken out a single main bad guy the whole series. Even in the ToP he was explicitly referred to as the second fiddle to Goku. They know it, everybody knows it. Man can catch W's but not big ones, it's just the narrative against him.
So your a Vegeta hater who doesn’t realize it?

Some guy is telling me DB only reaches tier 5 because Vegeta was going to die to a planetary explosion, how do I debunk it?
I wouldn't acknowledge someone who would say such a horrendously bad take but they're probably referring to the RoF arc if I had to guess.

It was specifically explained that the explosion itself didn't really matter, the reason Frieza blew up the planet was because he can survive in the vacuum of space. The exact same reason he did it to Namek. Almost like this guy is deliberately ignoring that Frieza, who was FAR weaker than Vegeta when he did this, survived the explosiom just fine...oh yeah, that's exactly what he's doing.

image.png

image.png

Like people who unironically say that DB characters peak at planetary are genuinely delusional or straight up ill. Frieza, while cut in half, having half OF his upper half also destroyed, and his power level so weak that Goku can't even sense it and think's he's dead, AND while unconscious, still easily tanked the explosion of planet Namek while underneath the surface of the planet, without any issue at all. Like he would've been at some 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of his strength type shit and shrugged off a planetary explosion like it was nothing.

Like people who unironically say that DB characters peak at planetary are genuinely delusional or straight up ill. Frieza, while cut in half, having half OF his upper half also destroyed, and his power level so weak that Goku can't even sense it and think's he's dead, AND while unconscious, still easily tanked the explosion of planet Namek while underneath the surface of the planet, without any issue at all. Like he would've been at some 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of his strength type shit and shrugged off a planetary explosion like it was nothing.
I agree, but you know downplayers 🤷‍♂️

Back in the old G+ powerscaling community days, there was a renown downplayer called The Beyonder who would go around making the most outrageous arguments. One of those guys that says "Show it or they can't do it". Said Beerus was island level when OG BoG first came out.

Back in the old G+ powerscaling community days, there was a renown downplayer called The Beyonder who would go around making the most outrageous arguments. One of those guys that says "Show it or they can't do it". Said Beerus was island level when OG BoG first came out.
lmao he was actually on comicvine too and I'm pretty sure he still is. G+, comicvine and narutoforums were full of brain dead takes like these

Yeah I'm used to it.

I've seen people make the argument that Frieza has some kind of specific genetic resistance to planetary explosions at this point in order to downplay DB. Like actually spitting on the concept of Occam's Razor.
I dunno anything about “specific genetic resistance.” Usually I just hear people attribute it to his species’ insane Survivability relative to even other Dragon Ball characters. Like how Goku and Vegeta can barely take a single charge from Broly, but Frieza (who while stronger than them, is no where NEAR Broly in scope), can take that beating for an hour. Or how Frieza can take blows that vastly exceed his level of power from SSJ Goku, despite being stomped by him in physicals every time they clash. Even then, though, Namek exploding on Frieza, in the midst of Frieza’s condition, takes it to the utmost extreme and often people just shrug their shoulders at it.

I dunno anything about “specific genetic resistance.” Usually I just hear people attribute it to his species’ insane Survivability relative to even other Dragon Ball characters. Like how Goku and Vegeta can barely take a single charge from Broly, but Frieza (who while stronger than them, is no where NEAR Broly in scope), can take that beating for an hour. Or how Frieza can take blows that vastly exceed his level of power from SSJ Goku, despite being stomped by him in physicals every time they clash. Even then, though, Namek exploding on Frieza, in the midst of Frieza’s condition, takes it to the utmost extreme and often people just shrug their shoulders at it.
the "debunk" I've heard about the namek thing is that frieza didn't take the full explosion of the planet head on but thats pretty stupid IMO

Surely Vegeta gets the W over Frieza in the upcoming arc, he needs one good W before EoZ.
Personally I'm not even sure if End of Z is even happening. Given that it leads directly into GT, which isn't canon, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it got retconned or something

the "debunk" I've heard about the namek thing is that frieza didn't take the full explosion of the planet head on but thats pretty stupid IMO
Actually it might not be inverse square is very merciless and more so in the Manga version of Namek's explosion the result is not going to look good.

Personally I'm not even sure if End of Z is even happening. Given that it leads directly into GT, which isn't canon, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it got retconned or something
toyota might respect Toriyama and not retcon it. personally I feel like with Daima we might get into other spin-offs (there's already rumors around about the pre-production of more seasons of daima or similar)

Ain't Goku get hurt by a train?

Two interesting things-In the offical coloration of DBS, Bardock's blood is randomly purple. Likely an error, but neat. However, the more important thing is Anime Saiyan Saga Goku and Vegeta caused issues in clairvoyance with their Beam Struggle, as their energy transmitted and radiated out of the sphere Baba was using and destroyed the entire room.

I personally find it naïve to fully stick with the "if your argument's good enough, you could convince people." Ideally, that's the case and it does happen in practice. But, there's many a time where staff just refuse to change their stance no matter what or they unfollow the thread the moment they comment
That’s a huge part of why I left and why I’m rarely active here anymore.

In DB Xenoverse 2, the rift that Goku Black makes with the scythe is explained as a temporal rift connecting with other timelines.

Basically 5-D in Hax or reach, or both with the scythe.

Is there any extra content that explains more about the rift that Black made in the anime? Apart from the theory that he himself created, because it is still a "theory"

In DB Xenoverse 2, the rift that Goku Black makes with the scythe is explained as a temporal rift connecting with other timelines.

Is there any extra content that explains more about the rift that Black made in the anime? Apart from the theory that he himself created, because it is still a "theory"
It is only explained that seeing different Universes in the past.

Last edited:

We know from goku black that he gazed upon the truth of all creation , he also traveled threw time to reach other timelines meaning passing in the space between them yet he doesnt know about this''rift'' that he caused with his power and surpasses his own understanding. Should be at least 5d if not higher since its not even the space between the 5d timelines.

Back