• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

film in singular, we don't consider his sequel movie to be canon

well.....then that is a shoot in the head for Fusion reborn being canon as the contradictions would severely outweight the evidence in this case
No? The Wiki accepts it as “it MUST be canon, thus we overlook the inconsistencies.” For example, Dead Zone literally cannot be canon in every conceivable way. Bulma meets Gohan for the first time twice, the Dragon Balls, etc. But it MUST be canon to Toei, because Garlic returns in the Toei Continuity, and directly references his own film. FURTHER, it is used AGAIN later (the water, that is), to cure the world of Baby’s parasite. It necessarily must be, but it physically cannot be. So we split the difference.

If you want to prove FR isn’t canon, you have to directly combat the evidence stating it IS canon. (Which I think is some one off statement in the GT Perfect Files?)

And if FR is canon, every prior film is too. That simple.

No? The Wiki accepts it as “it MUST be canon, thus we overlook the inconsistencies.”
you talking about the second Cooler movie? cuz that is non canon for this wiki, only 4 movies are considered canon actually

if you are talking about the likes of fusion reborn? eh, it doesn't really "need" to be canon, when a manual says 1 thing, but this thing leads to several straight contradictions then.........the guide would be simply wrong, the source material takes precedence afterall

"what about Garlic Jr?" you may ask......well, that one is the exeption since it quite literally appears on screen and has an continuation in the form of the saga in the normal episodes of the anime........so, yeah, we kind of have no choice here with it........Fusion Reborn doesn't have such privilege tho

For example, Dead Zone literally cannot be canon in every conceivable way. Bulma meets Gohan for the first time twice, the Dragon Balls, etc. But it MUST be canon to Toei, because Garlic returns in the Toei Continuity, and directly references his own film. FURTHER, it is used AGAIN later (the water, that is), to cure the world of Baby’s parasite. It necessarily must be, but it physically cannot be. So we split the difference.
read above

If you want to prove FR isn’t canon, you have to directly combat the evidence stating it IS canon. (Which I think is some one off statement in the GT Perfect Files?)

And if FR is canon, every prior film is too. That simple.
not really when the 1 thing that is used to make it cannon is a secondary source, if the main material contradicts it in this case it does severely with all those movies then we simply disconsider the said secondary source

aight i've been reading through the thread to see what I missed the past few weeks due to my absence. I could probably respond to a lot of things and weigh in but this one I think is most important. maybe no one else cares but I think it is absolutely worth addressing. so here goes.

before I get to this comment, let me make it clear that this is a load of utter horseshit.
You have no idea the utter bullshit that goes on in Saint Seiya threads, do not pretend to know what it feels like to be arguing with walls, Luffy argues for DB...
saint seiya is a victim of its own diminishing popularity and obscurity as a verse. You literally have no one to blame it on except for maybe the author. the fact that Saint Seiya threads turn into morgues within 0.1 seconds of their posting does NOT negate what he was trying to say there which you didn't even bother addressing (or reading). You're telling him to not "pretend" to know what arguing with walls is like? are you f**king serious??? the average f**king dragon ball thread is 7+ pages long, who the actual hell do you think knows more about arguing with walls here?? these guys or the supporter(s) of a verse so dead it makes freaking graveyards look lively by comparison?? give me a ******* break
What you don't get, is that DB CRTS have the advantage of PEOPLE ACTUALLY INTERACTING WITH THEM
this crap again? boo-f**king-hoo dragon ball craps on saint seiya popularity wise and that gets it more attention from supporters and opponents alike, all 4 of your saint seiya fans around the world, cry me a freaking river now, build a ******* bridge, and get over it. and calling constant scrutiny and a major CRT every 5 seconds an "advantage" shows just how ******* oblivious you truly are. i guarantee you saint seiya wouldnt survive one second on this forum or any other if it ever received the kind of scrutiny dragon ball does. the lack of scrutiny is exactly why it was wanked as high as it was (and still is), now THAT is an advantage. the only "disadvantage" Saint seiya has now that there is no longer an active mod who actively wanks it while shooting down any dragon ball upgrade
You're sitting here complaining and wallowing in self-pity, when in reality, if 3 of you decided to work together for 5 ******* minutes and come up with a well thought counterargument, you'd probably change someone's mind.
holy ****...this bullshit just keeps getting worse and worse with every single word....it's almost impressive how deranged and intellectually bankrupt you managed to sound here. this has got to go into some kind of record. Do you actually hold the stupid belief that despite everyone here who types up walls of text in 12+ page threads that managed to do more for this verse than you ever will, that not even 3 of them have written a well-thought out counterargument before with more than 5 minutes of thought?? you're the one to talk about self-pity when literally half of your time here all you're doing is bitching about how none of your saint seiya threads get any traction?? maybe it's just your trashy arguments and threads that no one actually thinks is even worth responding to? Maybe you should try and work harder and put more than 5 minutes of thought into creating a thread that isn't hot garbage the moment it is posted??
But as always with this fandom, you rather run to the general thread and bitch for 3 days, let a downgrade pass and never work together to defend the verse adequately.
this "fandom" has managed to do more for the verse than you can ever hope to or will. I am absolutely fed up with your constant antagonization and virtriol against a fandom. the other half of your time on VSBW is literally spent on this, bitching about your dead SS threads and trashing on the DB fandom is all you do here. and what @TiltedFN isnt even incorrect. Literally most DB-supporting mods are gone/retired this year, with only DDM remaining who actively engages with DB threads. it's literally common knowledge that Mav, Deagon and Damage are not exactly DB supporters by any means. it doesn't take a ******* genius to connect the dots there and see what he means.

Respond to this if you want to or dont, i really dont care nor am I going to be reading it. it's very clear to me just how insane of a double standard you hold. i could post some of your messages as evidence of this claim but i can't be bothered at this point. and also don't bother hiding behind your usual "bUT i AgrEE wiTH tHe uPgRaDeZ!!!1!!" drivel i sincerely dont give a crap, or any of your other response to this if there is one

Last edited:
This thread's gotten hostile really fast, so I'd like for things to be dialed back. I get the frustration, but this needs to be much more civil

Also, if I may weigh in a bit, I personally find it naïve to fully stick with the "if your argument's good enough, you could convince people." Ideally, that's the case and it does happen in practice. But, there's many a time where staff just refuse to change their stance no matter what or they unfollow the thread the moment they comment

This thread's gotten hostile really fast, so I'd like for things to be dialed back. I get the frustration, but this needs to be much more civil

Also, if I may weigh in a bit, I personally find it naïve to fully stick with the "if your argument's good enough, you could convince people." Ideally, that's the case and it does happen in practice. But, there's many a time where staff just refuse to change their stance no matter what or they unfollow the thread the moment they comment
that's pretty much it. it's extremely obvious this isnt the case (and it never will be). the fact that these threads reach over 15 pages should alone be proof of that. the mods aren't impartial, no one is so lets not pretend otherwise and lets not use this excuse to silence genuine concerns. that's my only gripe and I imagine everyone else's too

Above there is even someone telling to shut up, @Hasty12345 need to calm down

Back