• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

the title of "OG Fraud" would actually go to Yamcha
Tbf, Yamcha was actually pretty damn strong back in the day before shit hit the fan for the human characters in DBZ.
Yamcha was pretty badass tbh, him being the first enemy that Goku just doesn´t shitstomped + actually severely got harmed by is very cool

If Yamcha wasn´t a coward in relation to talking to waman he would have actually beat Goku

Yamcha was pretty badass tbh, him being the first enemy that Goku just doesn´t shitstomped + actually severely got harmed by is very cool

If Yamcha wasn´t a coward in relation to talking to waman he would have actually beat Goku
He also got respect from Kami for having a rather ingenious technique by OG Dragon Ball standards via the Spirit Ball.

I was referring to their first fight and thought you was also doing so
Oh you meant when he ran away at the end of the first fight. I thought you meant when he ran after Goku ruined his face in the second fight.
Yamcha did win that first fight though. Prior to running away, Goku concedes defeat. He beat Goku, he just never went all the way and killed him because of Bulma's sudden "interruption".

This thread's gotten hostile really fast, so I'd like for things to be dialed back. I get the frustration, but this needs to be much more civil

Also, if I may weigh in a bit, I personally find it naïve to fully stick with the "if your argument's good enough, you could convince people." Ideally, that's the case and it does happen in practice. But, there's many a time where staff just refuse to change their stance no matter what or they unfollow the thread the moment they comment
This guy is literally quoting a month old conversation…

The Legendary Manga says "[Frieza's] Power Level doubles" but the Daizenshuu 5, Extreme Battle Collection, and Volume 'F' say "several times"/"more than double"/"many times". Could the multiplier then be accepted as three-times, bare minimum?
The only statement I see here which even references power here is the one which says several. The other three are in reference to power level so I don't see why they are important here. Several is more than 2 but more than 2 isn't at least 3. A 2.5x multiplier of ones power is still their power being multiplied by several times.
I don't see why any of this points to anything above an "at least 2x" multiplier.

Unless you meant multiplier of power level. In which case, the several statement becomes useless and the other three are the important parts.

Also do we still not use multipliers for forms after SSJ1?

Like I still don't get why. Even IF you say that the strength boost by SSJ2 and SSJ3 isn't consistent, that doesn't mean we can't apply the multipliers anyways as a lowballed estimate lmao. Like at that point it's literally saying "No SSJ2 has to be MORE than a 2x boost!" "Then why don't we just say it's at least 2x if not more?" "I uh..."

I think there's a good chance personally
It'll probably be a generic Goku W since he's the MC and this arc will probably be the last for obvious reasons. They're gonna be like "Wanna give Vegeta a W? Nah nah it's the last big villain just let Goku take the glory one more time.".

Well tbh it'll probably be a team effort with Goku leading the charge. Sort of like Kid Buu.

It'll probably be a generic Goku W since he's the MC and this arc will probably be the last for obvious reasons. They're gonna be like "Wanna give Vegeta a W? Nah nah it's the last big villain just let Goku take the glory one more time.".

Well tbh it'll probably be a team effort with Goku leading the charge. Sort of like Kid Buu.
You're probably right but I think if we're all being honest, Piccolo should get a W as well.

Maybe have two villains, Goku and Vegeta get Frieza and Gohan and Piccolo get Frieza's new goon lieutenant

Back