• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I'm planning on splitting the current Toei profile for Goku (might do the same for Vegeta or others) since there's too much stuff crammed into it all at once. Here's what the two profiles look like currently
I also added things like the gallery into these profiles

I just want to see what you guys might want me to add, change, tweak, remove, etc
Everything is much more organized
Good job !

Why the hell wouldn't it be?
Honestly? Dunno. The argument is that it’s not instant because there is a time period where Goku concentrates, I think? Which doesn’t impact the fact it’s instantaneous disappearance and reappearance, but I think that’s the logic? Not sure/can’t remember.

There was one good counter argument, being the fact Cell’s Kamehameha was able to get out of orbit before Goku’s re-appearance to kick him, but after I pointed out how that doesn’t matter because IT has crossed greater distances in almost no time, outpaced significantly faster opponents, etc. and thus it’s an outlier, that thread devolved into non-fruitful discussion.

Honestly? Dunno. The argument is that it’s not instant because there is a time period where Goku concentrates, I think? Which doesn’t impact the fact it’s instantaneous disappearance and reappearance, but I think that’s the logic? Not sure/can’t remember.

There was one good counter argument, being the fact Cell’s Kamehameha was able to get out of orbit before Goku’s re-appearance to kick him, but after I pointed out how that doesn’t matter because IT has crossed greater distances in almost no time, outpaced significantly faster opponents, etc. and thus it’s an outlier, that thread devolved into non-fruitful discussion.
Well, I think we should try again, make it instantaneous.

I'm planning on splitting the current Toei profile for Goku (might do the same for Vegeta or others) since there's too much stuff crammed into it all at once. Here's what the two profiles look like currently
I also added things like the gallery into these profiles

I just want to see what you guys might want me to add, change, tweak, remove, etc
someone make a crt with my physiology blog

Why the hell wouldn't it be?
Yeah, I said the same. It still got rejected anyways. Because moving faster than 'instant' apparently isn't fast enough. It's pretty silly. I think I recall someone even claiming it was debunked by Gas taking 20 minutes to find Cereal which...

1) He only had one direction to the planet and would obviously take time to locate it (he even immediately warps to Cereal the very second he senses it)
2) DB has movement and combat speeds split (Infinite combat speed but finite travel speed isn't unreasonable)
3) Infinite Universe but don't tell anyone I said that

Didn't whis straight up evade an IT by gogeta in the broly movie?
Yup. It's very obvious too. Whis moves immediately before Gogeta even appears.

Yeah, I said the same. It still got rejected anyways. Because moving faster than 'instant' apparently isn't fast enough. It's pretty silly. I think I recall someone even claiming it was debunked by Gas taking 20 minutes to find Cereal which...

1) He only had one direction to the planet and would obviously take time to locate it (he even immediately warps to Cereal the very second he senses it)
2) DB has movement and combat speeds split (Infinite combat speed but finite travel speed isn't unreasonable)
3) Infinite Universe but don't tell anyone I said that

Yup. It's very obvious too. Whis moves immediately before Gogeta even appears.
I remember that God Of War has infinite combat speed, I think this is possible.

I wonder—How will Toyotarou approach Dr. Slump? He’s been made the Successor of Dragon Ball, but Penguin Village and all that comes with it exists in the Dragon World, so wouldn’t it mean he’s also, by proxy, the Successor to Dr. Slump? I mention this because, for as much as I trust him to continue Dragon Ball Super, I don’t think he has the capacity for Toriyama’s humor. I also don’t think I’ve ever seen Toyo ever draw anything on the more silly side of Toriyama’s designs, either. The closest was probably the newer art of Beelzebub, and while much closer to Dr. Slump, it’s definitely nowhere close to the real thing. Plus, most of those pieces are high definition/large scale pieces in terms of shading, coloring, etc., compared to what we really need—Silly goofy intentionally low effort looking designs and comics.

I wonder—How will Toyotarou approach Dr. Slump? He’s been made the Successor of Dragon Ball, but Penguin Village and all that comes with it exists in the Dragon World, so wouldn’t it mean he’s also, by proxy, the Successor to Dr. Slump? I mention this because, for as much as I trust him to continue Dragon Ball Super, I don’t think he has the capacity for Toriyama’s humor. I also don’t think I’ve ever seen Toyo ever draw anything on the more silly side of Toriyama’s designs, either. The closest was probably the newer art of Beelzebub, and while much closer to Dr. Slump, it’s definitely nowhere close to the real thing. Plus, most of those pieces are high definition/large scale pieces in terms of shading, coloring, etc., compared to what we really need—Silly goofy intentionally low effort looking designs and comics.
I don't think Toyotarou (and probably no one) will ever really touch Dr. Slump material. It might technically exist in the Dragon World but it has no actual reason to ever show up. Plus I don't believe it's anywhere as profitable as Dragon Ball so there is zero monetary incentive for Bandai, Shueisha, etc to push for Slump material. If something like that were to happen it would be a passion project.

Back