• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Frankly I think we'd need even more evidence that the Dragon Ball solar system is not supposed to mirror our own. They even go visit Jupiter just prior to the Namek Saga.
I dont know. i dont think the inclusion of a real life planet necessarily works as evidence against that claim. With that logic one might even claim that just the existence of planet earth in the solar system (as well as the sun) disproves it already

I dont know. i dont think the inclusion of a real life planet necessarily works as evidence against that claim. With that logic one might even claim that just the existence of planet earth in the solar system (as well as the sun) disproves it already
I'd say those are moreso the starting point for claiming similarity; with the Jupiter appearance acting as supporting to that claim.

They do have the same appearance but I don't see how that's not taking a reference from real world. Rather than that being indicative of solar system being same in both cosmo.

IMO Frieza should scale to it a little for not only being able to tank it while being nearly dead
Not how it works, ISL, him tanking it is like, High 6-A.
but being able to produce an attack that was even stronger than what it took to destroy namek.
Proof?
also I dont think it was a chain reaction and I dont think VS wiki ever accepted that line of reasoning as busting the core of a planet doesnt make it explode outwards like a bomb as planets in DBZ do since that outward explosion is Frieza's own energy tearing the planet apart beyond its GBE (plus Frieza stated that he held back too much implying he could've busted it in a second if he wasnt).
It was a chain reaction, every other planet bust might not be, but Namek itself is, unfortunately, the sole confirmed instance of one, Frieza himself even explains the planet will explode, not because of him, but because the core was vaporized. Makes no sense but it is what it is. He did hold back yeah, but we don't know how much quicker it'd happen if he didn't.

I mean yeah, that whole thing regarding the DB world being largely based on our world was firmly established - particularly in the recent attempt to upgrade DB's Earth's size.

Speaking of that thread, I really did not appreciate the attempts to (especially in other conversations) dismiss it as just an attempt at upgrades for the sake of it. I say this because I was the one that made the calc, and I thought it made sense with the statements we had.

Not how it works, ISL, him tanking it is like, High 6-A.
yeah but that's with the current calc I'm pretty sure
he stated that he held back, he also produced a stronger attack as Mecha Frieza on earth and he even stated in the panel posted before that he could destroy this entire planet if he wanted to while suppressed
It was a chain reaction, every other planet bust might not be, but Namek itself is, unfortunately, the sole confirmed instance of one, Frieza himself even explains the planet will explode, not because of him, but because the core was vaporized. Makes no sense but it is what it is. He did hold back yeah, but we don't know how much quicker it'd happen if he didn't.
but we literally don't accept it and nor does it even imply a chain reaction. A planet exploding like a supernova doesn't happen unless something actually tears it apart like that and that "something" here is Frieza's own energy. at minimum he could bust it in 2.5 minutes since suppressed 50% Frieza did it in 5, with SSJ Goku probably being able to do it even quicker

Also I don't think calculating Namek's size will work. If Earth's in-universe statements didn't help, Namek sure as hell ain't gonna work

Also I don't think calculating Namek's size will work. If Earth's in-universe statements didn't help, Namek sure as hell ain't gonna work
Well Namek actually has reasons to be big since it has 3 suns. The argument for earth was that there was no statements about earth that should make it above the irl version.

Either way I copy and pasted Crim’s Calc and gave him credit ofc.

yeah but that's with the current calc I'm pretty sure
Yeah, it'd be higher, probably 5-B
he stated that he held back, he also produced a stronger attack as Mecha Frieza on earth and he even stated in the panel posted before that he could destroy this entire planet if he wanted to while suppressed
Mecha Frieza is stronger, and making a stronger attack, doesnt mean said attack would instant destroy Namek, it can be stronger and still not do that.

He can yes, but how?
but we literally don't accept it and nor does it even imply a chain reaction. A planet exploding like a supernova doesn't happen unless something actually tears it apart like that and that "something" here is Frieza's own energy. at minimum he could bust it in 2.5 minutes since suppressed 50% Frieza did it in 5, with SSJ Goku probably being able to do it even quicker
He LITERALLY says why, the core was disintegrated, and because of that, the planet becomes unstable and will explode. It's scientifically bullshit, but we're also talking about a sun-sized planet, realism left awhile back. It just is what is, it was a chain reaction.

And if we don't accept that, we're about to.
anyway I'm much more interested in the namek calc for now since it should put 50% Frieza very close to if not directly 4-B
it literally wouldnt, 4-C is MASSIVE. Even if they busted it flat-out, it'd be like 4-C max. Maybe less given size=/=density and it being 1g would implicate low density.
An attempt to upgrade Earth's size was made using in-universe distances and such, and it was rejected. Namek doesn't even have that afaik
We're talking about how in multiple shots, Namek's 3 suns can be seen by the planet, based on how the cycles work, one would need to be in the foreground or parallel with it, not the background. Assuming legit, it'd be a matter of just drawing two lines and comparing.

The Suns could just be smaller than a normal one...
If we assume Namek is normal planet sized, the suns would be like, country-sized maximum.

We know Namek is bigger than earth so if the assumption is Namek is earth-lv, that's not inherently true, and given we know it's bigger, we don't exactly have a cap or baseline either, and we know Namek's suns are orange suns so they can't be like dwarf stars.

Also given DBZ has bigger than star planets already like Kaioshin Planet, idk, Namek might just be big af, I don't think it really affects anyone either way so shrug, might boost the Spirit Bomb a lil, bout it

There's kinda a limit to how small they can go tho
Not really when it comes to fiction... One of the calcs proposed earlier would have had Namek being over three times wider than our own Sun. If we can suspend our disbelief for that, why can't we suspend our disbelief for the size of the stars?

Not really when it comes to fiction... One of the calcs proposed earlier would have had Namek being over three times wider than our own Sun. If we can suspend our disbelief for that, why can't we suspend our disbelief for the size of the stars?
Well I suppose it's because as opposed to assuming Namek is much larger, assuming the stars are much smaller is not exactly feasible since there's a limit to how small stars can be.

For Namek being larger, it's just a matter of "there's no way that makes sense." For stars being smaller, it's "there's no way it makes sense" AND "this can't even happen from a scientific standpoint"

we can only do that when we have proof for it. If you do have proof for smaller-than-moon sized stars then yes we can believe that too

Well I suppose it's because as opposed to assuming Namek is much larger, assuming the stars are much smaller is not exactly feasible since there's a limit to how small stars can be.

For Namek being larger, it's just a matter of "there's no way that makes sense." For stars being smaller, it's "there's no way it makes sense" AND "this can't even happen from a scientific standpoint"
to be fair a larger than star sized rocky planet is also not scientifically feasible, it would be crushed under its own gravity and implode. Only reason stars can get so big without imploding is because of the outwards pressure created by the force of the nuclear fusion inside their cores, when that pressure stops you get supernovae as the star collapses in on itself

Not really when it comes to fiction... One of the calcs proposed earlier would have had Namek being over three times bigger than our own Sun. If we can suspend our disbelief for that, why can't we suspend our disbelief for the size of the stars?
Because we know Namek is big.
We have no reason to assume the yellow stars are actually small.
If, they said Namek was small, or even normal, ok, but they don't, on the other hand, we know stuff like earth is minuscule.

Additionally, you'd think they'd mention the suns is tiny, but they never do, they just go "oh right it has 3 suns, is tidally locked, and is never night" and as a planet it's bigger than earth, in fact, earth is tiny comparatively. So from the get go we know Namek is, inherently, larger than earth, so limiting it down to average planet sized fundamentally doesn't make sense, but if we know it isn't limited to average, and hell, given we know suns can't go below a threshold...

Plus, Supreme Kai planet exists so we know stupid shit like this is possible. Now right off the bat, I disagree with Frieza scaling to it, but even if he did it wouldn't be much of an upgrade, if at all, it being that big and only 1g implies it ain't exactly that dense. Best we looking at might be the 50m Spirit Bomb, which wouldn't do much beyond a baseline feat to corroborate the extreme amount of multipliers being abused.

to be fair a larger than star sized rocky planet is also not scientifically feasible, it would be crushed under its own gravity and implode. Only reason stars can get so big without imploding is because of the outwards pressure created by the force of the nuclear fusion inside their cores, when that pressure stops you get supernovae as the star collapses in on itself
Kai's planet is so dense that even a house chunk of it is 10x earth's gravity, and supreme kai's planet exists. Also Namek's core literally makes a supernova-like blast, makes ya think

DB really needs supporting feats, all of DBZ is based on two feats lol
Problem is that virtually all the current supporting feats are far below where the characters would be rated with multipliers & powerscaling, or below the original two feats.

Closest we get to on-screen feats of destruction these days are Beerus and Champa casually kicking planets to rubble.

that wouldn't prove anything
No, but it does prove it is built diff if upon core destruction the planet becomes unable to hold its form, and "violently explodes". Now is that the same, no. But, it's definitely something odd with it.

No, but it does prove it is built diff if upon core destruction the planet becomes unable to hold its form, and "violently explodes". Now is that the same, no. But, it's definitely something odd with it.
Im not seeing how that proves anything. Also if core destruction is really going to be accepted then most of DBZ gets downgraded to below 5-B

Problem is that virtually all the current supporting feats are far below where the characters would be rated with multipliers & powerscaling, or below the original two feats.

Closest we get to on-screen feats of destruction these days are Beerus and Champa casually kicking planets to rubble.
I mean, the Dimension Shatter is a pretty good Uni feat, since it’s specifically the outcome of what happens when more energy than the Universe can TAKE is released inside it.

Im not seeing how that proves anything. Also if core destruction is really going to be accepted then most of DBZ gets downgraded to below 5-B
No?
We just had a thread about this, Namek, quite literally, the odd one out. Given Frieza, King Kai, etc explain what happens, and then they sit there for 5 minutes.

That ain't the same as Vegeta tanking well it ****** him up, but he had already taken a planet lv attack that same fight a spirit bomb that can blow away a planet kinda odd how a spirit bomb made of earth and the sun is only 5-B and like 1m, yet the namek one is 50m hmmmm
Vegeta saying he'd just straight up dust earth.
PL of 10k being able to planet bust (Vegeta is like 18k, 24k, etc).
Like, literal thousands of multiplications off 5-C to low 5-B shit.
The very spirit bomb Frieza tanked on Namek making a larger than planet sized explosion.

By Vegeta, they're well into 5-B and beyond.

I could go on, Namek, is the exception, and one, that isn't even used given DBZ scales basically solely off 5-B Vegeta, 5-A Planet Vegeta, and 4-B Cell.

No?
We just had a thread about this, Namek, quite literally, the odd one out. Given Frieza, King Kai, etc explain what happens, and then they sit there for 5 minutes.

That ain't the same as Vegeta tanking a spirit bomb that can blow away a planet kinda odd how a spirit bomb made of earth and the sun is only 5-B and like 1m, yet the namek one is 50m hmmmm
Didn’t the Namek one come from the whole Solar System?

Didn’t the Namek one come from the whole Solar System?
Implied other planets too, but the fact the earth one was just earth and the sun, and it was miniscule to what namek alone can do, is kinda wacky all the same.

Back