• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Does it or does it not have the gravitational pull of a black hole? Yes or no?
It does
9249671-img_20240126_111900.jpg

Last edited:
In addition to Toei being a gigantic company, Dragon Ball has had its own division within Toei since 2018.

So there is no such thing as "splitting resources".

Seriously, in 2021 TOEI was simultaneously making
"TV: World Trigger, One Piece, Precure, Digimon, Dai.
Movies: Digimon, Digimon 02, Dragon Ball Super, Precure"

And did we have bad animation in Super Hero? No.
I am not talking abouz movies since movies are always much better animated than a TV series.

And having 2 different divisions doesn't mean that they don't share ressources. That's not how a company works. So I am confused why you bring this up. Stuff like staff , money ezc can be pulled from one to another anytime depending on how succesful a project is. Having too many projects at once is very taxing for every company. Toei might handle it the best since it is big but it is still very big.

DBS animation got better the same time One piece animation got worse. One piece got better the same time DBS Anime stopped. One Piece always aired after Dragonball or before.. I don't recall it exactly. But as DBS animation improved there was a heavy decline in One Piece animation. People who watched both recognized that

Depends on how Z is scaled. Some people highball Z characters to around multi-solar-galaxy (which I can accept) and some wank it to universal (which I can understand). Then there are the clowns saying Cell is high-universal or whatever.
I'm talking down to Earth manga scaling.
Multi-Solar System has legit no support, thus it's also wank but go on
Overall Saitama wipes most of Z but he hard stops at Buu. Not because of power but because of hax. Buu has infinite stamina and can regenerate from smoke. Saitama couldn't destroy Buu, and the Candy Beam would work on him as he has yet to resist transmutation.
A punch 4 quadrillion times stronger than you would evaporate every atom in your body, Buu can't Regen from this, and Saitama can simply get stronger until he has a punch strong enough to achieve this.

Mistranslation I'm pretty sure.
"圧縮され、漆黒に染まった球体は、近くにいるだけで押しつぶされそうな圧力を感じるほどだった。"
"The compressed, blackened sphere emitted a crushing pressure, absorbing surrounding energy."

It never mentions a comparison with a Black Hole, it just says the pressure is crushing.
Ehh the way they described Cell max attack seemed more like it was referring to a black hole tbh.

But regardless it should still be a good lifting feat

With growth 1 second of fighting saitama would be galaxy+++++++ since he can grow like trillions and trillions of time a second
Trillions times a second? What made you pull that number out of your ass?On this site, he barely grow for like 50 times after a long ass fight based on the growth graph calculation.If you truly want someone that can actually grow for trillions times in a fight, you can ask Garou, he can call Saitama and Saitama can give you Broly’s number.

Ehh the way they described Cell max attack seemed more like it was referring to a black hole tbh.

But regardless it should still be a good lifting feat
It isn't, it's an ambiguous statement that can't be measured.

I guess the saying db fans can’t read is true💀 mind telling me where I stated it was passive?
I'm not a DB fan, primarily. You pulling a number out your ass and saying the boost would happen in the first second of the fight constitutes a passive growing ability on that level.

漆黒 = "jet-black"
に indicates the purpose of a succeeding verb.
染まった = "to be dyed".
球体 = "sphere"; "orb"

The sphere is dyed [colored] jet-black; ergo, not a black hole, but a black ball... of energy.

or smth like that im no expert

Mistranslation I'm pretty sure.
"圧縮され、漆黒に染まった球体は、近くにいるだけで押しつぶされそうな圧力を感じるほどだった。"
"The compressed, blackened sphere emitted a crushing pressure, absorbing surrounding energy."

It never mentions a comparison with a Black Hole, it just says the pressure is crushing.
This is what mine said

"The compressed, jet-black sphere, reminiscent of a black hole, emitted such intense pressure that merely being close to it felt like being crushed."

I asked further about anything about a black hole there

And it said this

"The most accurate interpretation would depend on the context in which this sentence is used. However, based solely on the provided text, the interpretation suggests a description of a compressed, dark sphere that exerts significant pressure, evoking the sensation of being near a black hole due to its intense gravitational pull."

Was yours machine translated?

Energy attack in Dragon ball does have a mass, heck I recall Goku describing one of Beerus attacks being too heavy
Iirc, nack in namek saga, Frieza's energy sphere pushed Goku through a boulder or so as he was pushing back against it physically

I used chat gpt lol :

"Having unleashed the colossal energy blast, Cellmax condensed the energy, tightening it with a tremendous force that could be lifted with one hand. Despite its enormous size, Cellmax's energy blast, like a black hole swallowing space, absorbed energy from its surroundings, increasing its power even more."

Anyway can't we determine Cell's lifting strength based on the gravitational force of his attack ?

This is what mine said

"The compressed, jet-black sphere, reminiscent of a black hole, emitted such intense pressure that merely being close to it felt like being crushed."

I asked further about anything about a black hole there

And it said this

"The most accurate interpretation would depend on the context in which this sentence is used. However, based solely on the provided text, the interpretation suggests a description of a compressed, dark sphere that exerts significant pressure, evoking the sensation of being near a black hole due to its intense gravitational pull."

Was yours machine translated?

Iirc, nack in namek saga, Frieza's energy sphere pushed Goku through a boulder or so as he was pushing back against it physically
I used chat gpt lol :

"Having unleashed the colossal energy blast, Cellmax condensed the energy, tightening it with a tremendous force that could be lifted with one hand. Despite its enormous size, Cellmax's energy blast, like a black hole swallowing space, absorbed energy from its surroundings, increasing its power even more."

Anyway can't we determine Cell's lifting strength based on the gravitational force of his attack ?
No.
It doesn't mention a black hole at all. You guys are making it up, and that's honestly hilarious.

First off, the word for Black Hole in Japanese is "ブラックホール" (Burakku Hōru), that isn't present in the original text.

Here's a breakdown of the Japanese sentence:
1. 圧縮され (Asshuku sare) - compressed
2. 漆黒に染まった (Shikkoku ni somatta) - dyed in jet black
3. 球体 (Kyūtai) - sphere
4. は (Wa) - topic marker
5. 近くにいるだけで (Chikaku ni iru dake de) - merely by being close
6. 押しつぶされそうな (Oshitsubusare-sō na) - seemingly about to be crushed
7. 圧力 (Atsuryoku) - pressure
8. を感じる (o kanjiru) - to feel
9. ほどだった (hodo datta) - to the extent

Putting it together: "The compressed, jet-black sphere, just by being close to it, gave off a pressure so intense that it felt like one was about to be crushed."

It can't POSSIBLY be compared to a Black Hole.

No.
It doesn't mention a black hole at all. You guys are making it up, and that's honestly hilarious.

First off, the word for Black Hole in Japanese is "ブラックホール" (Burakku Hōru), that isn't present in the original text.

Here's a breakdown of the Japanese sentence:
1. 圧縮され (Asshuku sare) - compressed
2. 漆黒に染まった (Shikkoku ni somatta) - dyed in jet black
3. 球体 (Kyūtai) - sphere
4. は (Wa) - topic marker
5. 近くにいるだけで (Chikaku ni iru dake de) - merely by being close
6. 押しつぶされそうな (Oshitsubusare-sō na) - seemingly about to be crushed
7. 圧力 (Atsuryoku) - pressure
8. を感じる (o kanjiru) - to feel
9. ほどだった (hodo datta) - to the extent

Putting it together: "The compressed, jet-black sphere, just by being close to it, gave off a pressure so intense that it felt like one was about to be crushed."

9249884-img_20240126_162641.jpg

9249889-fotor_1706282969725.jpg

The way how the attack was described (strong gravitational pull that creates a vortex, absorbing energy and objects,...etc etc), it can possibly refer to a black hole or at least an attack with the same potency as a black hole.

Ask chatGPT to highlight the kanji that it’s translating to black hole if DeepL is giving something else
The kanji is "漆黒染まった球体".
"Shikkoku ni somatta kyūtai".

Literally speaking, a sphere dyed jet-black.
That jet-black sphere is the , the subject of the sentence.
Nothing else in the sentence could possibly be misinterpreted or purposefully misconstrued into "ブラックホール
".

Ask chatGPT to highlight the kanji that it’s translating to black hole if DeepL is giving something else
I did, posted it in my earlier message too

"The kanji "漆黒" (しっこく - shikkoku) was translated as "jet-black," which is used to describe something very dark or black. In the context provided, it's used to characterize the color or appearance of the sphere, evoking the imagery of a black hole due to its darkness and potential gravitational pull."

I don't know how to upload screenshots

Back