• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

One maybe two guidebooks say so, 99% of all guidebooks say it's from Earth+Z Warriors.
We see Goku asking for the energy of Earth exclusively. At no point he asks for the energy of the Universe.
In fact, in the anime Dragon Ball Super and manga Dragon Ball Super it is mentioned that it was energy from the entire Universe and not just from Earth, Furthermore, even the other world gave energy directly in the manga

Does anyone ever tried to argue here that Buu Saga´s genkidama (Manga) took energy from the entire universe?
Kid Buu inherited the energy of a God, he is cited as being more powerful than the other Majin Buu, in addition to the manga and anime saying that the genkidama was Universal scale, other than guides saying Buu can destroy the Universe, I really don't understand why it wasn't accepted.

In another English translation, Goku says that Kid Buu would take the universe in a "Poof", Herms, the translator of the kanzenshuu scans, confirmed that the translation is correct.

Herms(Todd Blankenship) confirming that the translation is correct.

Answer link on Twitter:

In the legendary manga it says that Boo can destroy the universe.

Last edited:
In fact, in the anime Dragon Ball Super and manga Dragon Ball Super it is mentioned that it was energy from the entire Universe and not just from Earth, Furthermore, even the other world gave energy directly in the manga
This is not true for the manga.
What we saw in the original manga takes precedence over anything else. Goku asked for Earth's energy.
We only saw Earth's energy.
And several guidebooks said it was Earth's energy.

Therefore it's Earth's energy. Goku can't take energy from other places of the universe unless he asks or tries to. Otherwise why the heck would he even need Earth's energy so bad? Lmao.

What we saw in the original manga takes precedence over anything else. Goku asked for Earth's energy.

Therefore it's Earth's energy. Goku can't take energy from other places of the universe unless he asks or tries to. Otherwise why the heck would he even need Earth's energy so bad? Lmao.
Of course there is

Universal Genkidama

Dragon Ball Super chapter 1

Dragon Ball Super episode 1

Because Majin Buu is a threat to the entire Universe, mentioned several times, he had the power of a God who defeated Moro, does that make it clearer?

Dai kaioshin lost all his god powers to evil form (chapter 49)

Here it is shown that when Vegeta gathers his energy it is not necessary to defeat Moro, after which Majin Buu helps Uub with energy and restores Goku's complete superior instinct to maximum potential.

Ema who controls every other world gave her energy

Literally the Kaioshin stating that it will be the death of the Universe

Last edited:
Because Majin Buu is a threat to the entire Universe, mentioned several times, he had the power of a God who defeated Moro, does that make it clearer?

Here it is shown that when Vegeta gathers his energy it is not necessary to defeat Moro, after which Majin Buu helps Uub with energy and restores Goku's complete superior instinct to maximum potential.

Wow.. I never knew the other world people gave their energy too. That’s cool.

We have a ton of evidence that the Buu manga saga reaches Universal, but not everything is rosy, unfortunately we will never reach the ideal tier here (although some may say you have to try, but we have already tried several times and if not even 300).

We should accept that Dragon Ball Z manga took a retcon because of Dragon Ball Super and the whole 2-C scale

Kid Buu inherited the energy of a God, he is cited as being more powerful than the other Majin Buu, in addition to the manga and anime saying that the genkidama was Universal scale, other than guides saying Buu can destroy the Universe, I really don't understand why it wasn't accepted.

In another English translation, Goku says that Kid Buu would take the universe in a "Poof", Herms, the translator of the kanzenshuu scans, confirmed that the translation is correct.

Herms(Todd Blankenship) confirming that the translation is correct.

Answer link on Twitter:

In the legendary manga it says that Boo can destroy the universe.

These statements are meaningless unless you have any evidence of Buu doing it in one shot.
He's immortal and stronger than anyone in the universe.
In fact, the Daizenshu 4 clarifies Buu was going after all life on the Universe

Of course there is

Universal Genkidama

Dragon Ball Super chapter 1
Satan called for Earth, not the whole universe.

Dragon Ball Super episode 1
I don't care about the anime.

These statements are meaningless unless you have any evidence of Buu doing it in one shot.
He's immortal and stronger than anyone in the universe.
In fact, the Daizenshu 4 clarifies Buu was going after all life on the Universe

Satan called for Earth, not the whole universe.

I don't care about the anime.

Dude, you're using something you took retcon in Dragon Ball Super, this guide is about 30 years old, it doesn't match current information.

All these quotes don't grant any tier without evidence it will be done in one shot. You can repeat them as much as you want.

And no, Luffy, Goku SS3 who was equal to Kid Buu according to literally all guides, is not capable of defeating Moro, therefore you mentioning he had God ki is meaningless. Just having God Ki isn't enough to be Universal and there is no evidence Uub was just equal to Kid Buu, he could be stronger.

All these quotes don't grant any tier without evidence it will be done in one shot. You can repeat them as much as you want.

And no, Luffy, Goku SS3 who was equal to Kid Buu according to literally all guides, is not capable of defeating Moro, therefore you mentioning he had God ki is meaningless. Just having God Ki isn't enough to be Universal and there is no evidence Uub was just equal to Kid Buu, he could be stronger.
Goku it was the same Kid Buu? Goku took a beating in Ssj3 and had to appeal to genkidama, I won't repeat it again for a guy who uses something from 30 years ago against current evidence, but cool...

Dude, you're using something you took retcon in Dragon Ball Super, this guide is about 30 years old, it doesn't match current information.
Incorrect information doesn't get the retcon pass. Super Exciting Guide is not old at all, you're tripping, it's late 2000s and early 2010s.

It's Earth and the few beings that are watching the fight that volunteered their energy. Also, the entire Other World? There were 5 people in that room, and you're assuming the ENTIRE DEAD POPULATION gave their energy to Goku? Nah.

Also, the combined energy of all the universe is not even Galaxy level. In fact, it's probably even less than that.

Goku it was the same Kid Buu? Goku took a beating in Ssj3 and had to appeal to genkidama, I won't repeat it again for a guy who uses something from 30 years ago against current evidence, but cool...
I'm not a guy. This is the second time you've misgendered me.

SEG is not even half that. You're just a bad liar.

Unless you're scaling SSJ3 Goku who would get one shot by Moro, to Moro himself, you should be quiet.

Goku started taking a beating after he started losing stamina, they were equal through and through.

Right, yellow, I won't argue with you anymore, since you can't win with current arguments, but you can beat me with tiredness
You're using the fact Kid Buu has God Ki as proof he was Universal level. You're trying to say Kid Buu's energy scales to Moro.
Bullshit. Goku literally believed he could face Kid Buu in his pre-god ki SSJ form.

I do think it’s dumb that kid buu has God ki, since he’s well, kinda a sub god threat. But then again, so are the kais

I do think it’s dumb that kid buu has God ki, since he’s well, kinda a sub god threat. But then again, so are the kais
Well, the actual intent of this. I presume, is that the reason Buu isn’t God level is because he never realized who he was. As when Fat Buu tapped into the memories, his power literally increased.

Did anyone ever felt Buu´s ki in DBZ? If so he doesn´t have God Ki
They have, but it was also always labeled as “confusing” and “hard to read.” Even experienced sensors weren’t able to accurately gauge his power—Rating it higher or lower than it actually was until bout the very end.
Also, does Kaioshins even have God ki?
Kaioshins have God Ki, yes, but I think it should be noted this has been a plot hole since God Ki was introduced—As Goku could IT to or sense basically all of them before he ever got the stuff or ability to sense it. This implies some sort of mystical exception for them—Where their Ki doubles as Divine and Mortal, or Mortal Sense Susceptible Divine Ki.

To hell with that, Toei deserves to be chastised relentlessly for how badly Dragon Ball is animated now compared with the good old days!

Oh wait, this isn't Super...
These aren't really good examples (except for the 1st and 2nd pics) they're either drawings zoomed in or frames inbetween animation

At that time there was no concept of God's ki or anything like that, the strongest entity was the Kaioshin as gods.
They have, but it was also always labeled as “confusing” and “hard to read.” Even experienced sensors weren’t able to accurately gauge his power—Rating it higher or lower than it actually was until bout the very end.

Kaioshins have God Ki, yes, but I think it should be noted this has been a plot hole since God Ki was introduced—As Goku could IT to or sense basically all of them before he ever got the stuff or ability to sense it. This implies some sort of mystical exception for them—Where their Ki doubles as Divine and Mortal, or Mortal Sense Susceptible Divine Ki.
Akira being incoherent, how new

You're using the fact Kid Buu has God Ki as proof he was Universal level. You're trying to say Kid Buu's energy scales to Moro.
Bullshit. Goku literally believed he could face Kid Buu in his pre-god ki SSJ form.
Are you sure it's not Charmander?

This looks the same as what you did

Speaking of Ki Sensory, Whis' has a feat of preventing attack while Vegeta is unable to sense his Ki, similar to how Moro reacted to MUI Goku. Though instead of instinctively attacking, he physically COULD NOT attack.

Edit: Also, it occurs to me that Dende gained God Ki from being given the Title of Kami, implying that, well, Kami had Divine Chi. And yet both him and Dende are able to be sensed by the Z-Fighters. Which is another instance of some sort of mystical exception to the sensory rules of Dragon Ball.

Last edited:
Speaking of Ki Sensory, Whis' has a feat of preventing attack while Vegeta is unable to sense his Ki, similar to how Moro reacted to MUI Goku. Though instead of instinctively attacking, he physically COULD NOT attack.
Looks like some kind of enhanced paralysis/body control, Vegeta could talk but couldn't make a move to attack , not even raise his ki
Edit: Also, it occurs to me that Dende gained God Ki from being given the Title of Kami, implying that, well, Kami had Divine Chi. And yet both him and Dende are able to be sensed by the Z-Fighters. Which is another instance of some sort of mystical exception to the sensory rules of Dragon Ball.
I actually wish only GoDs and up had divine ki, and the power gods had some lesser form of god ki

If you guys are mad about Vegeta having Self-Sustenance and Beerus don´t having resistance to heat than make a CRT to change it, lol
We shouldn't need to make a CRT and argue with contrarians about something that is literally common sense. I remember having to argue about whether Jiren should have EE resistance and it was beyond annoying. Apparently the contrarians eventually gave up and let it through. I swear to god you need to prove that a ball is round and the sky is blue for people to accept it in this place. And we wonder why people in the versus battle community meme on the wiki daily.

Ain't Saitama Galaxy level?
He beats all of Z and gets violated in Super
Depends on how Z is scaled. Some people highball Z characters to around multi-solar-galaxy (which I can accept) and some wank it to universal (which I can understand). Then there are the clowns saying Cell is high-universal or whatever.

Overall Saitama wipes most of Z but he hard stops at Buu. Not because of power but because of hax. Buu has infinite stamina and can regenerate from smoke. Saitama couldn't destroy Buu, and the Candy Beam would work on him as he has yet to resist transmutation.

It's not a black hole, I'll tell you that much.
I've already seen this statement and it doesn't mention it at all.
9237515-screenshot_2023-12-24-22-57-53-57_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

It does not look like an actual black hole but Its potency rivals that of an all-engulfing black hole.

Depends on how Z is scaled. Some people highball Z characters to around multi-solar-galaxy (which I can accept) and some wank it to universal (which I can understand). Then there are the clowns saying Cell is high-universal or whatever.

Overall Saitama wipes most of Z but he hard stops at Buu. Not because of power but because of hax. Buu has infinite stamina and can regenerate from smoke. Saitama couldn't destroy Buu, and the Candy Beam would work on him as he has yet to resist transmutation.
Not to mention that Buu would be 54000c currently. He speed blitzes and turns Saitama into candy.

Back