• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Personally, I felt it was more that since gokus power gets hyped a lot by battleboarders, there’s an equivalent, and perhaps greater pushback also by battleboarders. I mean hell, Goku solos is a thing. Nobody says Wally west solos, because it’s just less hype
i mean let's not kid ourselves Wally west is not as popular as Goku

Ngl it's funny to see how things have change in the vs community
Most of Dragon Ball peers have faded off into obscurity and irrelevance
what's funnier is when they make a "reappearance" by some reddit user who just discovered the verse, does a whole ass blogpost on it about how fodders from the verse one shot all of dragon ball, and it just turns out to be a verse dragon ball probably already beat in debates long ago. Classic example, sailor moon. Toeiverse dragon ball was notorious in the late 90s for stomping sailor moon verse

Also the fact in recent years Dragon Ball fans have been using TPRPG rule books and guides to scale Goku to outerversal on popular debating platforms.

Doesn't help anyone take the DB fandom seriously.
Nah that's a much more recent phenomenon. you're probably right that this has helped maintain the pushback/downplay but it goes way before that as I said

and if you believed anything else you'd be a dragon ball wanker, meatrider, etc.
I mean I've seen the opposite too. seththeprogrammer was famous on G+ for downplaying Saint Seiya going to far as to say raditz would solo SS and no not the DBH raditz
Funny thing is, and I’ll explain later in the sts thread, jabu has gotten stronger, enough to where it could be debatable, not necessarily on vsbw

And while hyping up dragon ball was definitely a thing (I mean the series itself is built on this concept and goes out of its way to flex the power of its characters) I'd argue that this recent wave of wanking dragon ball to outerverse level or beyond by misinterpreting old guidebook scans is more of a "response" to the downplay that already existed (which itself can be argued to be a response to the aforementioned hyping up)

And while hyping up dragon ball was definitely a thing (I mean the series itself is built on this concept and goes out of its way to flex the power of its characters) I'd argue that this recent wave of wanking dragon ball to outerverse level or beyond by misinterpreting old guidebook scans is more of a "response" to the downplay that already existed (which itself can be argued to be a response to the aforementioned hyping up)
So it’s a gooning cycle

Funny thing is, and I’ll explain later in the sts thread, jabu has gotten stronger, enough to where it could be debatable, not necessarily on vsbw
if you're referring to GA/GR then maybe, idk cuz I havent read them but the people I'm talking about arent referring to GA Jabu

what's funnier is when they make a "reappearance" by some reddit user who just discovered the verse, does a whole ass blogpost on it about how fodders from the verse one shot all of dragon ball, and it just turns out to be a verse dragon ball probably already beat in debates long ago. Classic example, sailor moon. Toeiverse dragon ball was notorious in the late 90s for stomping sailor moon verse
I can understand given folks prob weren't familiar with the manga if sailor Moon and the anime never made the gals look very impressive

My best guess is that it’s some 4d structure that exists underlying the normal world
Actually it might be more than that. if you look at the interviews from the movie staff who worked on it they say that this is essentially a computer generated image of a bunch of mathematical equations they threw into the computer and asked it to spit out an image. According to them it is meant to portray a literal higher mathematical dimension so it could actually be the "neutral zone" of Universe 7 that separates the living world, otherworld, kaioshin realm, etc. It might actually be a 5D space but we just cant prove it with the wiki standards currently

I can understand given folks prob weren't familiar with the manga if sailor Moon and the anime never made the gals look very impressive
the final arcs were somewhat impressive with them fighting in space and generating explosions that seem to be as large as some sections of the galaxy which is why they were put up against toeiverse dragon ball in the 90s

maybe omega as well. And yeah I know when people say that they mean classic, like with raditz
yeah i mean he's already galaxy level so it isnt too crazy for him to jump even higher, thats just power creep, we have 2-C Krillin here. That just happens in series that go on for so long their internal scaling becomes messed up

This also reminds me of bleach. I never liked the verse but boy did it suffer (and sometimes still does) some horrendous and unfair downplay on sites like comicvine and OBD. the verse still cant shake off the "hill level clorox" meme after all this time. The recent wave of universal and multiversal bleach wank (yeah i said it, its complete wank that I really dont believe in) is just an overcompensated response to all those decades of downplay, people going so far as to make Tier 1 bleach scaling and arguing that it beats the likes of Dragon ball (not outhax, but outstat the verse)

This also reminds me of bleach. I never liked the verse but boy did it suffer (and sometimes still does) some horrendous and unfair downplay on sites like comicvine and OBD. the verse still cant shake off the "hill level clorox" meme after all this time. The recent wave of universal and multiversal bleach wank (yeah i said it, its complete wank that I really dont believe in) is just an overcompensated response to all those decades of downplay, people going so far as to make Tier 1 bleach scaling and arguing that it beats the likes of Dragon ball (not outhax, but outstat the verse)
I really love the verse, i just don't like the fans who are very hostile, but there are a lot of good people there, i'm even upset that it didn't end up being 2-C.

Simple cause and effect nothing new
Extreme wank and Downplay tend to happen
Kubo vague explanations on shit didn't help matter

The other day on the r/powerscaling subreddit i literally saw a 5D bleach post and not only is it getting unanimously upvoted and accepted but literally everyone in the comment is claiming that this is the new "lowball" for bleach and that any further scaling starts from this as the new baseline and that 2-B Bleach is now downplay....
The same subreddit has like 5 different posts asking people to debunk "universal" Goku and debunks about dragon ball being anything above 2-C.

The other day on the r/powerscaling subreddit i literally saw a 5D bleach post and not only is it getting unanimously upvoted and accepted but literally everyone in the comment is claiming that this is the new "lowball" for bleach and that any further scaling starts from this as the new baseline and that 2-B Bleach is now downplay....
The same subreddit has like 5 different posts asking people to debunk "universal" Goku and debunks about dragon ball being anything above 2-C.
I said hypebole in this thread and they blocked me 😂

Back