• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

It is Dimensional Travel, so we can´t measure the distance by normal means
He's referring to when Goku tried to Instant Transmission early in the DBS Anime, and when he went to search for a Ki scoured what looks like more than one galaxy before quitting, or-Like Topaz, used Vegeta's teleport as a baseline minimum distance (Vegeta crossed a Quadrant). Meaning that, logistically, if each teleport has a high end range, that Goku could potentially be teleporting a distance of several galaxies at a time before the full distance is reached. That said, I agree with it not being the Universe. He just traveled between two arbitrary points within it.

Edit: Nevermind, I stand corrected.

He's referring to when Goku tried to Instant Transmission early in the DBS Anime, and when he went to search for a Ki scoured what looks like more than one galaxy before quitting, or-Like Topaz, used Vegeta's teleport as a baseline minimum distance (Vegeta crossed a Quadrant). Meaning that, logistically, if each teleport has a high end range, that Goku could potentially be teleporting a distance of several galaxies at a time before the full distance is reached. That said, I agree with it not being the Universe. He just traveled between two arbitrary points within it.

Edit: Nevermind, I stand corrected.
I have the scan in Portuguese, but he sees a lot of galaxies.

Episode 17

Is kachi katchin noted as the strongest material or most durable material or most dense material in the multiverse? Which nomenclature is used?

We separate the continuities, so we can´t use something from one continuity to another, if you want to do that then you need to merge them
In fact we can, Dragon ball manga is an adaptation of the anime and has the same ending as the anime (spoken by Toyotaro )

It's still the same teleportation and with more support, one thing has not changed for another.

In fact we can, Dragon ball manga is an adaptation of the anime and has the same ending as the anime (spoken by Toyotaro )

It's still the same teleportation and with more support, one thing has not changed for another.
Yes, the manga is an adaptation of the anime, but the scene where the range of teleportation is showed is filler and only exists in the anime

I did another CRT:

Strongest/Durable. Density is never never mentioned. So for all we know it could be as hard as Vibranium and as light as a feather.
Okay that's good, thanks

Most dense material known to man is neutronium

Strongest/most durable material known known to man is nuclear pasta. In that case, kachi katchin calcs can use nuclear pasta as a conservative end.

what about normal katchin? Only hardness is mentioned as its property right?

Do you need to overpower a Ki blast itself or its explosion to scale to it? If the latter, how are you supposed to overpower/punch an explosion?
So here's the thing with Ki blasts:

Ki is life energy. The more you have and the more you enhance it, the more you can output it and the stronger it will be. Warriors capable of using Ki typically spread it throughout their entire body so as to boost all of their physical abilities. But Ki users are capable of gathering specific quantities of Ki into a single point and firing it as a blast of varying strength. It seems that they can actually effect the power of their Ki blasts based on the technique itself (Kamehameha-Super Kamehameha, Final Flash>Galick Gun, etc.) but we don't know much detail on that.

So basically, if their entire body is enhanced to a level capable of destroying planets and going faster than light, a Ki blast technique will be on a somewhat higher level than that. It's based on the strength of their Ki, but there is a larger amount of it focused into one point contrary to how it's usually spread throughout their entire body. Of course they can also just focus extra Ki into one body part or other object to enhance it with the same effect as a Ki blast.

This is all best shown in Goku & Piccolo Vs. Raditz. We visually see that Raditz's scouter detects a large increase in power level when Goku and Piccolo use Ki blast's. Such a drastic increase that their Ki blasts can actually hurt Raditz despite their normal attacks having no effect. And the other attribute of certain techniques boosting the power of the blast is also shown. Goku being slightly stronger than Piccolo but his Kamehameha being far weaker than the Special Beam Cannon.

For a character to overpower a Ki blast, they generally just need to be sizably stronger than the user of the blast. Raditz stopped Goku's Kamehameha and tanked the explosion with only some moderate damage sustained to his hand, because he was much stronger than Goku, enough so that even a charged up Ki blast from him wasn't able to deal much damage.

At best a well-used Ki blast can make up for a difference of maybe 2-3x going off of power levels.

Edit: And I feel that I should emphasize that Ki amount and Ki strength are two different things. The Android's have infinite Ki, but they're far weaker than Goku. This is why even when a character is low on Ki, they can still keep up with an opponent they were on even terms with prior. Their Ki is still strong, but they don't have as much of it to continue enhancing themselves or use Ki blast's as powerful.

I'm going to work on original og dragon ball profiles and keys for Toeiverse, but when doing Goku's profile what should his be titled as?
  • Son Goku (Dragon Ball Toei) and Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z Toei)
  • Son Goku (DB Toei) and Son Goku (DBZ Toei)
And if neither, what else?

I'm going to work on original og dragon ball profiles and keys for Toeiverse, but when doing Goku's profile what should his be titled as?
  • Son Goku (Dragon Ball Toei) and Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z Toei)
  • Son Goku (DB Toei) and Son Goku (DBZ Toei)
And if neither, what else?
Maybe we can call OG Kid Goku as "Son Goku (Classic DB Toei)"?

Could you guys please help message some mods about this? We've been one vote away for weeks now

Could you guys please help message some mods about this? We've been one vote away for weeks now
Try to ping some

Back