• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Rent free!

FYI the Archie cosmology revision was planned months in advanced. Surprisingly some of us actually focus on fixing our favourite verses rather than worrying about the ratings of other verses for petty competitive reasons/whataboutism (it actually makes revisions go far more smoothly shockingly).
Beyond being oddly antagonistic/defensive, this remark ends up falling flat when plenty of people have tried upgrades the proper way and got them batted down on BS terms, see Profectus writing a Harvard essay on the neutral zone only for Pein to respond 'I'm not ready all that' only to then argue in a way that told us all she did in fact not read his post.

I don't know who this jab is aimed at but it's myopic as all hell.

That is as much Reality-Fiction as SAO.
I think people are misinterpreting what Ultima plans to do (assuming new R>F standards go through), I'm far from a expert but from what I can tell:

*It has to be clear cut R>F superiority with no room for vague interpretation.

*There has to be zero anti-feats, tho I do wonder how smurfs will be handled.

idk tbh since the characters from the game enter the beats world and threatened to destroy it and the game itself has it's own cosmology

Zenkai did a blog on this you can check it
Like I said have played the game, this doesn't change that the game is an actual game, and not applicable for Reality-Fiction.

I think people are misinterpreting what Ultima plans to do (assuming new R>F standards go through), I'm far from a expert but from what I can tell:

*It has to be clear cut R>F superiority with no room for vague interpretation.

*There has to be zero anti-feats, tho I do wonder how smurfs will be handled.
That's only the 1-A upgrade, the current Reality-Fiction arrangement will still exist in some form.

Remember the fake universal tree scan?
XYCdlGj.png
Man that was dumb lol

For it to be applicable for Reality-Fiction, it much not actually be a game, but be akin to a game from the perspective of a higher world. (well besides some exceptions where they make it very clear through additional context, such as where the higher world is made clear it has a transcendent nature)

Beyond being oddly antagonistic/defensive, this remark ends up falling flat when plenty of people have tried upgrades the proper way and got them batted down on BS terms, see Profectus writing a Harvard essay on the neutral zone only for Pein to respond 'I'm not ready all that' only to then argue in a way that told us all she did in fact not ready his post.
With all due respect I wasn't the one to initially mention another "rival" verse on the "DB discussion thread" furthermore Pein is well known for being a contrarian to several verses yet Profectus thread received overwhelming staff/user agreement regardless and last time I checked DB actually got the tier 1 upgrades.
I don't know who this jab is aimed at but it's myopic as all hell.
And yet you're the one who choose to reply to my clearly facetious comment, sorry my dude the only one being defensive here is you but I digress.

With all due respect I wasn't the one to initially mention another "rival" verse on the "DB discussion thread" furthermore Pein is well known for being a contrarian to several verses yet Profectus thread received overwhelming staff/user agreement regardless and last time I checked actually DB got the tier 1 upgrades.

And yet you're the one who choose to reply to my clearly facetious comment, sorry my dude the only one being defensive here is you but I digress.
You can't claim that I'm being defensive when you interpreted someone else's shock at a sudden upgrade as anything relating to the verse rivalry, if you look back he was also surprised at Alien X going down to 2A. Alien X/Ben 10 was largely tied to DB tier 1 if you look back at the threads, and people had Xeno and Archie threads already planned despite most people's suggestions.

As for Pein, you can ask Profectus himself, he created an entire essay on neutral zone and it never really got a proper response, just an disagree FRA train. And after the stunt Geo pulled I think attributing lack of recent upgrade success to just 'you guys have my verse in your head rent free' is ridiculous.

I'm not being defensive, I'm saying taking pot shots makes you come across as condescending. You jumped on the slightest talk of Archie and turned it into a whole finger wagging spcheel, as if Profectus and Reiner and everyone else also didn't plan out their upgrade.

I'm not being defensive, I'm saying taking pot shots makes you come across as condescending. You jumped on the slightest talk of Archie and turned it into a whole finger wagging spcheel, as if Profectus and Reiner and everyone else also didn't plan out their upgrade.
Excellent strawman and please this thread has been filled with "potshots" to other verses to even other users, it really isn't that deep just peeps being peeps.

Excellent strawman and please this thread has been filled with "potshots" to other verses to even other users, it really isn't that deep just peeps being peeps.
It's not a strawman when the basis of your original comment was 'if only you didn't do xyz then and did what we did then maybe things go more smoothly'.

Discussing versus threads/expressing excitement over recent upgrades is not potshots, that's standard discourse after an upgrade.

If it's just peeps being peeps, why say anything? Why make a comment at all?

It's not a strawman when the basis of your original comment was 'if only you didn't do xyz then and did what we did then maybe things go more smoothly'.

Discussing versus threads/expressing excitement over recent upgrades is not potshots, that's standard discourse after an upgrade.

If it's just peeps being peeps, why say anything? Why make a comment at all?
Let's end this, it ain't productive and is going to only end badly.

How is archie 7D, wtf
There whole cosmology is 7d archie sonic would only scale to 6d from what I know

Edit- even he is 7d wtf
Basically there’s an infinite^infinite amount of universes since there’s infinite variations of infinite universes and then each of those individual ones branch infinitely thus making that QS gap for 5D next evolution is a higher plane above the mortal realm that views the concept of time as irrelevant, so it’s 6D. Chaos force is then 7D for obvious reasons, and then deadline is 8D for viewing allat as fiction capping the cosmology out at 8D.

Archie Sonic being beyond 5-D is good, gets rid of the stupid DBH vs Archie matches that becomes toxic like 80% of the time.

Archie Sonic being beyond 5-D is good, gets rid of the stupid DBH vs Archie matches that becomes toxic like 80% of the time.
Agreed although it was more cringe than toxic imo.

Anyway back on topic what's the most preferential conclusions to this? IZ getting a range upgrade or getting smurf range?
Honestly maybe yeah. This place is a lot more chill than like years ago when we had Supes vs Goku.
I mean tbf there was a pretty chill Vs thread here (Also that vote tally is VSBW history).

Depending on how Ultima's revision goes, you might as well give up on R>F, since that's the surest path to hell.
Because instead of 1d it's gonna be 1-A?
I played Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission, I know the story, I know who Beat's ancestor is.
You are everywhere! Who is Beat's ancestor?
That is as much Reality-Fiction as SAO.
1-A Paraplegic Kirito?
For it to be applicable for Reality-Fiction, it much not actually be a game, but be akin to a game from the perspective of a higher world. (well besides some exceptions where they make it very clear through additional context, such as where the higher world is made clear it has a transcendent nature)
Yeah it would need to be an actual reality that's viewed as a game. Like literal beings viewed as nothing more than fictional entities. Can't think of some popular verses where that happens. Also everything would interacting via an avatar and being wounded count as an antifeat? I would guess not if it was just the avatar. If the actual being is wounded then yes it's a huge anti-feat except if a power inverse is established that can do that.

Just needs one more mod/admin vote and IZ will become a smurf.
The fact that Zeno can still erase you even if you flee to another timeline is quite funny

You are everywhere! Who is Beat's ancestor?

1-A Paraplegic Kirito?

Yeah it would need to be an actual reality that's viewed as a game. Like literal beings viewed as nothing more than fictional entities. Can't think of some popular verses where that happens. Also everything would interacting via an avatar and being wounded count as an antifeat? I would guess not if it was just the avatar. If the actual being is wounded then yes it's a huge anti-feat except if a power inverse is established that can do that.
Did anyone from the game hurt beat?

Not just that, there's also gonna be another caveat as you mentioned below:

If this happens, forget 1-A, you might risk losing even the Low 1-C rating if the additional context isn't upto snuff.

Aren't the brazillians being too hasty? Last I heard DC is undergoing versewide revisions over the next 2 or so years and Superman will be one of the last profiles. Just taking a look at the World Forger, Monitor, Anti-Monitor, etc would tell them that Superman is going to get 6D scaling in a sundipped key.
There are DC characters that they say are only 2-C, while they are low 1-C

I don't know why people care so much about marvel/dc in vsbattle.

In addition to being complicated to review everything because thousands of comics + each writer having their own interpretation of cosmology, etc., it is practically impossible to review everything for each version of the character.

Just to review all versions of Batman, there would have to be a team to do this.

These types of characters are always going to be complicated, and will probably always be going through heavy revisions that take months or years like DC is going through.

I think that just by marvel and dc's scaling rule it should already show how complicated it is and how simple it is.

Back