• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yamcha says that of Gohan in the original series, too.
Oh, well damn. So what you’re saying is the there might be a canon reason as to why Goku’s martial art seems to be Kenpo, Wing Chun, Judo, Kick Boxing, Boxing, Karate, Taekwondo, Kung Fu, Wushu, and legit anything else the animators/artists thought looked cool at that time. Goku just knows all martial arts through surpassing G.Gohan, frfr.

hey, what do we do about the whole, y'know, both versions of super being equally canon thing in regards to the ki page?
I was thinking about making levels of Ki Manipulation in which the characters would have the abilities of determined level, for example, at level 7 they would get the Vice Shout Haxes, and if there are abilities each continuity should get, it would be something like "Level 8 - DBS Anime". It would be needed to specify if the character doesn't have certain abilities too, like Freeza Soldiers can fly but can't sense ki, and if the character doesn't have specifications, it could be presumed they have all the abilities of the previous levels, like it's currently done where ki manipulation includes homing attacks even for characters who never used them

ngl i really don't want to go through the entire series again
and then databooks
and interviews
and potentially video games
and the super anime

Y'know, I've been thinking.

Kami explicitly says that Goku kept his body entering the afterlife, and even in death, he gets hungry.
But his body remains young. I wonder why he'd be able to get hungry with his body preserved from the Living World but not age.

Kami explicitly says that Goku kept his body entering the afterlife, and even in death, he gets hungry.
But his body remains young. I wonder why he'd be able to get hungry with his body preserved from the Living World but not age.
My guess is that he specifically keeps the body that he died in, and it stays the way it was when he died

That could potentially be true, though I'm not sure if there's anything that actually suggests this beyond this point

Probably because he can still get tired and consume energy, which he could recover eating (?)

Where are we getting this idea that if it’s a 10x Ki multiplier it wouldn’t apply to speed either? Despite it increasing speed as well.

Also I wonder how fast DB characters would be if Chi-Chi’s Laser were accepted as SoL

But, the idea was rejected ages ago because of the preparing for the Saiyans thing.
I never understood this point, and I need it explained to me.

What about them preparing for the Saiyan Invasion in the world that has time prevents the spatio-temporally separate one from lacking its own space time continuum?

Because Goku was waiting for the Saiyans to arrive in Earth's time, Other World has to flow parallel and identically to the Living World.

Considering she can stomp a lot of fighters in the 23rd Budokai preliminaries, sure why not. It doesn’t seem like an outlier
Crazy how Chi-Chi with just her father's training was able to reach such a level. If you go off Guidebook power levels she had a power of 130 during the 23rd Budokai, that's not far off from Roshi and Goku in the 21st Budokai (Roshi listed as 139). And from what we can tell the Ox King is nowhere near Roshi as a fighter or teacher, especially since Chi-Chi never shows the ability to externalise her Ki.

Chi-Chi definitely had a lot of potential there. So much that I can't help but wonder if she would have been the strongest Earthling if she had trained under the likes of Roshi, Korin, Popo, Kami and King Kai.

Back