• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

yall making fun of my boys moro and granolah but you guys will shit in yo paints and it breaks the internet once it gets animated

2fc2a-16530654362233-1920.jpg
It won't.

Because Toei produces the anime and doesn't have the rights to the manga.

It won't get animated lol

If the weekly anime ever does continue it'll do it's own thing with new stories set after Superhero, which is already past the timeframes they take place in

The differences between the Superhero movie and Superhero adaptation (manga) make it pretty clear they don't plan to add Moro and Granola to the anime since they were mentioned by Vegeta

It'll stay obscure Super manga only content for the foreseeable future without even getting appearances in a game. And this is a great thing
I doubt all of this. And why is this a great thing? Moro and Granola are super important. I'm seeing people stating a lot of things with no proof

I doubt all of this. And why is this a great thing? Moro and Granola are super important. I'm seeing people stating a lot of things with no proof
There's nothing to doubt, if you saw the scene in the movie where Vegeta talks about past enemies and the manga adaptation and understand the significance of that dialogue, the fact he doesn't mention Moro or Granola arc characters makes it clear they won't add it to the Anime

And lmfao yo I just remembered this Toyble even changed that meditation line from Goku to fit the manga more where he actually does meditate instead of forgetting what it is like in the Movie. Keep in the mind all the movie's dialogue was written by Toriyama

What there's really no proof of is Toyble original characters and stories being added to the Anime despite the Anime already having skipped past its timeframe only following what Toriyama comes up with himself. Well I mean those frauds can't even get a F2P character in Dokkan Battle or Legends

There's nothing to doubt, if you saw the scene in the movie where Vegeta talks about past enemies and the manga adaptation and understand the significance of that dialogue, the fact he doesn't mention Moro or Granola arc characters makes it clear they won't add it to the Anime

And lmfao yo I just remembered this Toyble even changed that meditation line from Goku to fit the manga more where he actually does meditate instead of forgetting what it is like in the Movie. Keep in the mind all the movie's dialogue was written by Toriyama

What there's really no proof of is Toyble original characters and stories being added to the Anime despite the Anime already having skipped past its timeframe only following what Toriyama comes up with himself. Well I mean those frauds can't even get a F2P character in Dokkan Battle or Legends
That's literally just adaption differences. Not solid enough proof imo to make such a massive jump. The super manga and anime have always been different from each other. This is nothing new.

These adaptation differences are pretty significant because they indicate the existence and in the Anime continuity the lack thereof of those characters (Moro and Gas), as is the meditation scene for how prominent it is for Goku in the manga

It's a bigger jump to assume they are getting animated with literally nothing to suggest so and the Anime's timeframe already being past that

These adaptation differences are pretty significant because they indicate the existence and in the Anime continuity the lack thereof of those characters (Moro and Gas), as is the meditation scene for how prominent it is for Goku in the manga

It's a bigger jump to assume they are getting animated with literally nothing to suggest so and the Anime's timeframe already being past that
No it isn't. The evidence for all this is literally just dialogue differences. Using that to claim Moro and Gas don't exist in the anime is a way bigger leap than to assume if the anime comes back they will just adapt the manga like they did with Z.

There being a movie past that time frame really doesn't prove anything. For all we know they didn't mention Moro and Gas because they haven't been adapted to the anime yet.

Either way, a ton of claims, with no evidence. It's just dialogue differences that have possible explanations to say anime will skip two entire arcs.

No it isn't. The evidence for all this is literally just dialogue differences. Using that to claim Moro and Gas don't exist in the anime is a way bigger leap than to assume if the anime comes back they will just adapt the manga like they did with Z.

There being a movie past that time frame really doesn't prove anything. For all we know they didn't mention Moro and Gas because they haven't been adapted to the anime yet.

Either way, a ton of claims, with no evidence. It's just dialogue differences that have possible explanations to say anime will skip two entire arcs.
Nah, if they existed in the Anime, they'd have to been mentioned in that scene. "Just like Z" Super's production works nothing like DBZ they don't adapt or even take anything from the manga (the latter does the vice versa though as seen with the movie adaptation and Tracetaro saying he wouldn't been able to do a Broly chapter without the Movie going first)

They're not really skipping anything as these arcs are obscure manga only content no one really cares about (hence why the games ignore it)
Not mentioning Moro and Gas in the movie may just be, I don't know, the fact that they don't wanna spoil manga content? 💀
That makes no sense, if you remember, the Super Manga for the little time it was ahead was specifically to promote the Anime (they even literally said that's why they skipped RoF in the manga so they could promote the U6 Tournament for when it aired in the Anime). If anything they fumbled hard if they were actually animating Moro since that was the perfect opportunity to promote the arc like they did with the U6 Tourney

Akira toriyama never lets go of any saga and repurposing

Like saying hey nerd (Akira toriyama wants money falling from the sky)

He will spare no effort to reuse something already made, everyone knows how lazy Akira toriyama is
(⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)

If you wait for Akira to put out a brand new work and new information (expect a movie with half-assed script and feeling things)

In short: he will reuse everything he has from the work and release it as an episode, I have no doubt that the newer films will also be adapted for anime

Dragon Ball Super Broly It is dragon ball super hero

You're doing a lotta mental gymnastics despite it genuinely making no sense for the anime to skip the Moro and Gas arcs, as legit everyone's anticipating them being adapted
Who's everyone? The Super Manga's consistently been seen to sell hilariously bad in Japan and most regular fans globally don't even know DB continued outside of movies after the ToP in 2018 (manga sales dropped 50% after Anime ended and all that). What's actually being anticipated is new post SH content

These kinds of arguments are... the worst to be honest, especially given the anime has the tendency to redo the movies anyway.
No it doesn't, BoG and RoF were a special case since Toriyama in his senility insisted on it since he thought they were necessary background information for Super's story, that super bright idea wasn't Toei's call. That's not an issue with Broly and SH (which are considered episodes of the Anime continuity themselves), there's a 0% chance they'd be redone

No it doesn't, BoG and RoF were a special case since Toriyama in his senility insisted on it since he thought they were necessary background information for Super's story, that super bright idea wasn't Toei's call. That's not an issue with Broly and SH (which are considered episodes of the Anime continuity themselves), there's a 0% chance they'd be redone
Okay yeah I can't take anything you say seriously anymore. Your assertions are based on next to nothing. They are just opinions

Who's everyone? The Super Manga's consistently been seen to sell hilariously bad in Japan and most regular fans globally don't even know DB continued outside of movies after the ToP in 2018 (manga sales dropped 50% after Anime ended and all that). What's actually being anticipated is new post SH content
Only the Moro arc which is good, the gas arc didn't make me excited at all, it was like I was seeing Satan fighting '-'

"Everyone" is me, I represent the general populace

Okay yeah I can't take anything you say seriously anymore. Your assertions are based on next to nothing. They are just opinions
They explain that incorporating the theatrical films Battle of Gods and Resurrection ‘F’ into the new television series was Toriyama’s idea, and was part of introducing the characters Beerus and Whis, who the producers deemed essential to the story, to children who may not have already seen the movies.

You got a citation on that?
Edit: just saw the new message

I
I was talking about calling Granolah and Moro obscure arcs, besides, this doesn't disprove the chance of an anime adaption for the movies. It's grasping at straws.

Like the manga not selling well, whether true or not, doesn't disprove Clover's point.

'They didn't mention these two names so that means they will skip two entire arcs' is a massive jump that has no actual credence. There are other explanations that are far more simple.

Last edited:
Like I haven't heard anyone reliable in the community say anything close to this, this is the first time I've ever heard it.

I'd say most dragon ball fans are expecting Moro and Granola adaptions.

I was talking about calling Granolah and Moro obscure arcs, besides, this doesn't disprove the chance of an anime adaption for the movies. Because guess what, this still doesn't prove anything. It's grasping at straws.

Like the manga not selling well, whether true or not, doesn't disprove Clover's point.

'They didn't mention these two names so that means they will skip two entire arcs' is a massive jump that has no actual credence. There are other explanations that are far more simple.
Uh, yeah it kinda does, because the only reason BoG and RoF did isn't the case for them. Obviously at the point the stage the Anime is at these days nothing can be 100% disproven until it comes back, but the idea here is moreso the temperament of expectations than objectively ruling things out. It should go without saying that it's most likely they won't redo Broly and SH for no real reason

The manga not selling well and no one caring about it kinda does go against the idea that the Moro Arc is highly anticipated when no one cares about the manga it's from

With the evidence we have, it's a bigger jump to assume they will be. The Anime doesn't take anything whatsoever from the manga, and Moro and Granola are manga original content founded on mostly Toyotaro's original ideas. That material simply isn't what the Anime works from
Like I haven't heard anyone reliable in the community say anything close to this, this is the first time I've ever heard it.

I'd say most dragon ball fans are expecting Moro and Granola adaptions.
Who would you consider reliable? The leakers? They haven't mentioned anything about Moro or Granola

The internet community where the more invested fans gather may give you that impression, but as far as the general audience goes most haven't read the manga or even know Moro and Granola exist. That's mainly why Dokkan Legends SDBH which caters to them act as though they doesn't exist as well

The internet community where the more invested fans gather may give you that impression, but as far as the general audience goes most haven't read the manga or even know Moro and Granola exist. That's mainly why Dokkan Legends SDBH which caters to them act as though they doesn't exist as well
Or maybe it's because they haven't made anime appearances yet?

Both the anime and the manga adapts Toriyama's original script, so Moro and Granolah are not exception. The web anime is totally different than a Season 2 for Super

Uh, yeah it kinda does, because the only reason BoG and RoF did isn't the case for them. Obviously at the point the stage the Anime is at these days nothing can be 100% disproven until it comes back, but the idea here is moreso the temperament of expectations than objectively ruling things out. It should go without saying that it's most likely they won't redo Broly and SH for no real reason

The manga not selling well and no one caring about it kinda does go against the idea that the Moro Arc is highly anticipated when no one cares about the manga it's from

With the evidence we have, it's a bigger jump to assume they will be. The Anime doesn't take anything whatsoever from the manga, and Moro and Granola are manga original content founded on mostly Toyotaro's original ideas. That material simply isn't what the Anime works from

Who would you consider reliable? The leakers? They haven't mentioned anything about Moro or Granola

Not its not a jump, your grasping at loose straws based off of a very specific interpretation of one line. You are making the massive jump and baseless assertions.

People are highly anticipating Super's return, and they are expecting Moro and Granolah adaptions. Manga sales aren't the end all be all when pirating and youtube reviews exist.

This is a massive jump that you haven't shown any evidence for. We've gotten no info about any Super related that's confirmed, using that as a 'oh Moro and granolah aren't happening' is a massive leap.

Your objectively ruling things out based on literally nothing. Like a huge chunk of the DB community is in the internet dude, and guess what, most of them are expecting the animes return by adapting Moro.

Exactly, and why would that be the determining factor (appearing in the Anime first)? Because the Anime is the main product and what the average person sees. No one cares about the manga
This works against you lmfao, not adapting Moro and Granola to make a crap ton of money makes no sense.

Manga characters not being in games is a contract thing, not because no one cares about the manga. That's a stupid assertion. With no anime people have no choice but to pay attention to the manga.

'With the evidence we have'. None. There is none. Nothing is pointing to this. The web anime might not even exist.

Any semi active Dragon Ball fan knows who Moro and Granola are at this point. You can't paint it as some niche thing, it's not. It's ******* Dragon Ball. The manga sales for Moro and Granola did reasonably well

If they were so niche reviews and videos essays about those arcs wouldn't get almost millions of views

'They won't adapt because people aren't hyped look at manga sales, but also manga doesn't matter nobody cares'

Yeah, no, this is all baseless.

The idea things need to be explicitly mentioned repeatedly or events need to be continuously referenced is just dumb in general.

The idea things need to be explicitly mentioned repeatedly or events need to be continuously referenced is just dumb in general.
But he didn't reference these exact names in the anime movie where those people haven't been adapted yet, which means we skip two whole ass crucial arcs.

Practically all discussion I see about DBS is about the anime coming back to adapt the Moro and Granolah sagas or speculating about Black Freeza. Very few people have shown interest in Super Hero's story beyond the movie besides things inherently linked to the manga such as Black Freeza vs Beast Gohan. Hell, I've seen more people and more videos discussing Black Freeza than I have Beast Gohan in general.

Practically all discussion I see about DBS is about the anime coming back to adapt the Moro and Granolah sagas or speculating about Black Freeza. Very few people have shown interest in Super Hero's story beyond the movie besides things inherently linked to the manga such as Black Freeza vs Beast Gohan. Hell, I've seen more people and more videos discussing Black Freeza than I have Beast Gohan in general.
Black Frieza sent shockwaves through the community. Most people know about the manga by now. If the promotional SDBH anime gets millions of views on yt, then the manga not selling well during a retelling arc isn't good evidence for it being niche

Not its not a jump, your grasping at loose straws based off of a very specific interpretation of one line. You are making the massive jump and baseless assertions.

People are highly anticipating Super's return, and they are expecting Moro and Granolah adaptions. Manga sales aren't the end all be all when pirating and youtube reviews exist.

This is a massive jump that you haven't shown any evidence for. We've gotten no info about any Super related that's confirmed, using that as a 'oh Moro and granolah aren't happening' is a massive leap.

Your objectively ruling things out based on literally nothing. Like a huge chunk of the DB community is in the internet dude, and guess what, most of them are expecting the animes return by adapting Moro.
There's no way to quantify manga site pirating and the highest viewed Moro Arc video in Japan (which face it, is the most valued demographic out of the audience in terms of catering) has a measly 1.4 mil views 😭

No, I'd doubt even 0.01% of the DB fanbase is on the internet actively following DB news pages. I don't think any of the biggest of these dudes who actually post manga stuff even crack 800k subscribers/followers (even the official DB Super Instagram only has 950k followers and they don't post anything about the manga) aside from a few Spanish foos and even then if you check the view count on the little manga stuff they post it's not nearly enough to say something as absurd as a "huge chunk" of the community being on here, let alone knowing about and expecting Moro
This works against you lmfao, not adapting Moro and Granola to make a crap ton of money makes no sense.

Manga characters not being in games is a contract thing, not because no one cares about the manga. That's a stupid assertion. With no anime people have no choice but to pay attention to the manga.
Nah because better money moves could be made with better and original shit that progresses the story instead of backtracking the timeline to do Moro and Granola

I seriously wonder how some Toyoloco managed to spread this misconception as far as it's gotten or if people just don't play these games and post shit without knowing, but the manga not being in the games has nothing to do with contract or licensing, there is literally no evidence of this whatsoever.

On the contrary, on the literal opening screen of Dokkan, it says it's licensed by Shueisa (who're the license for the manga)

IMG_3421.png

You can find this for SDBH and Legends too.

Ingame
<Countless Super Attack animations and Card Arts referenced from the DBZ manga
<Two Blue Bejitas (TUR AGL SSJBE and LR SSJB and Rage Trunks' 18 Ki) have Gamma Burst Flash which is Toyble original, even has the name "Gamma Burst Flash" and not just the pose which is literally licensed manga only IP
<SDBH Hakai Goku

It's never been a contracting issue. They use the manga when it suits them like using manga original moves on Anime characters. But for Moro and all that, The manga's simply too unpopular for it's original content to be usable.

Back