• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

There’s needs to be a SSB2. Ain’t no way Goku/Vegeta can’t do that
My personal theory is that SSB is only possible because they fully mastered Super Saiyan back in the cell saga (MSSJ). Considering how SSB supposedly requires perfect ki control I think the SS component of SSB (since it's SSG + SS) would also need to be 100% efficient and fully mastered for SSB to be possible. SSB2 would require Goku fully mastering SS2 like he did with SS back in the cell saga.

My personal theory is that SSB is only possible because they fully mastered Super Saiyan back in the cell saga (MSSJ). Considering how SSB supposedly requires perfect ki control I think the SS component of SSB (since it's SSG + SS) would also need to be 100% efficient and fully mastered for SSB to be possible. SSB2 would require Goku fully mastering SS2 like he did with SS back in the cell saga.
I could had sworn he also did that as well in the anime

Why is Six still using the A*B as an increase for Potara? Vados said it's (A+B)10(x+1).
She never said this she just said that the increase was 10’s of time more than before that doesn’t mean that’s the actual formula

A*B makes the most sense in super and Z probably because it is strange thought huh

Ngl I never seen people assume that was the actual formula until I went on VSB

She never said this she just said that the increase was 10’s of time more than before that doesn’t mean that’s the actual formula

A*B makes the most sense in super and Z probably because it is strange thought huh

I mean, narratively, has A*B ever been depicted or stated in the manga or anime?
I always find it weird how they can overcome Merged Zamasu in mere moments, which would require a sudden boost of like billions of times superior, yet Kaioken giving a spontaneous boost of 10-20x is treated godlike within the verse, despite them supposedly overcoming differences of a billion in mere seconds.

Then Goku also thinks fusing with Hurcle will make him weaker.

According to our current wiki accepted interpretation of the fusion multiplier the Goku+Hercule fusion would be stronger than SSJ3 Goku, though not by much.

I mean, narratively, has A*B ever been depicted or stated in the manga or anime?
I always find it weird how they can overcome Merged Zamasu in mere moments, which would require a sudden boost of like billions of times superior, yet Kaioken giving a spontaneous boost of 10-20x is treated godlike within the verse, despite them supposedly overcoming differences of a billion in mere seconds.

Then Goku also thinks fusing with Hurcle will make him weaker.
I mean the boost makes sense from the depictions we see and yes in the toei anime the A*B is stated

Also the power creeps in super are bad I’m ngl

That wasn't probably serious tbh, goku was likely just yapping, if he thought it would make him weaker for real, he wouldn't have actually got ready to throw it to him
He was serious, he was just desperate and didn’t know what to do.
I mean the boost makes sense from the depictions we see and yes in the toei

anime the A*B is stated
I was referring to either the manga or Dbs anime.
Also the power creeps in super are bad I’m ngl
Agreed.

He was serious, he was just desperate and didn’t know what to do.

I was referring to either the manga or Dbs anime.

Agreed.
Oh dbs anime there hasn’t been a statement for the formula of fusion unlike toei anime iirc but technically it’s the in the same multiverse and there’s no statement in the DBS anime Or Manga from what I’m aware of

I think A*B multiplier is somewhat valid if it's not used with the series's power level system. A 150 million times boost is utterly insane considering SS 3G's 10x increase and Kaio-Ken's up to 20x increase are treated as game changer amps. But if we treat A and B as Unknown variables rather than actual numbers (with power levels) it could make some sense. For example, let's say Goku and Vegeta, as A and B have a power value of 10, their fusion would be 100. In the next Arc, Goku and Vegeta are now 100, their fusion now would be 10000. What's previously a 10x increase is now a 100x increase. Using this logic (A and B being unknown variables rather than actual power level numbers) makes some sense within the series, the fusion multiplier increases as the fusees's strength increases. (Buu Saga SS3 Vegito would get crushed by Beerus and SSG Goku while FT Arc Base Vegito would steamroll Blue Goku)

I think A*B multiplier is somewhat valid if it's not used with the series's power level system. A 150 million times boost is utterly insane considering SS 3G's 10x increase and Kaio-Ken's up to 20x increase are treated as game changer amps. But if we treat A and B as Unknown variables rather than actual numbers (with power levels) it could make some sense. For example, let's say Goku and Vegeta, as A and B have a power value of 10, their fusion would be 100. In the next Arc, Goku and Vegeta are now 100, their fusion now would be 10000. What's previously a 10x increase is now a 100x increase. Using this logic (A and B being unknown variables rather than actual power level numbers) makes some sense within the series, the fusion multiplier increases as the fusees's strength increases. (Buu Saga SS3 Vegito would get crushed by Beerus and SSG Goku while FT Arc Base Vegito would steamroll Blue Goku)
I mean the fusion multiplier being the series‘s power level still makes sense with the examples you give below but yeah the increases are pretty high
Dbs broly says their power is added together and then some. Matches with Vados statement tbh.
IIRC it was "added together and then significantly magnified" which would make sense with the (A+B)*n*10 multiplier.
The Broly movie says that their powers aren’t just added together but they’re significantly magnified

(Can’t find a subbed video on YT though)

Prove what? Goku literally said he had no choice and hurcle was so weak his power would probably drop. There’s nothing to prove, it’s literally stated.
he would have just been better off fighting buu without fusion dude, why would he willingly make himself into a weaker fighter?

Meh. I bet SSJ2 is is actually more then just 2x SSJ. I can understand not going SSB3 but SSB2 is very much possible
Using wiki multipliers SSB2 would be more than 10x SS. Which might not be more than SSBKK which is 20x SSB at most. And SSB2 might be too unstable to use Kaioken with it.

Using wiki multipliers SSB2 would be more than 10x SS. Which might not be more than SSBKK which is 20x SSB at most. And SSB2 might be too unstable to use Kaioken with it.
Yeah but how do we even know if that multiplier isn’t real? we r going based on scans and deductions. Not only that the 50x was when SSJ wasn’t mastered but now that we have MSSJ, it could give an even bigger multipler. Let’s not forget that Grade 4 SSJ is WAY better then Ascended SSJ and could be as strong as Grace 3 SSJ

Yeah but how do we even know if that multiplier isn’t real? we r going based on scans and deductions. Not only that the 50x was when SSJ wasn’t mastered but now that we have MSSJ, it could give an even bigger multipler. Let’s not forget that Grade 4 SSJ is WAY better then Ascended SSJ and could be as strong as Grace 3 SSJ
Nah we consider MSSJ = SSJ. Same increase, but more efficient.

Nah we consider MSSJ = SSJ. Same increase, but more efficient.
Well ya keep going by VSB standards lol. Imo, MSSJ gives a better stat increase since Goku and even Gohan did well against Perfect Cell. Heck Trunks and Vegeta literally went back into HTB because of them sensing MSSJ powers meaning Grade 4 => Grade 3 >> Ascended SSJ

She said it was bigger than the sum part of both people increased tens of times.
The Broly movie says that their powers aren’t just added together but they’re significantly magnified
This kinda proves it. "just" and "they" are the key words. They refer to their collective PL.
They are first added together and then increased by an unknown multiplier.

And the Daizenshuu(?) says it's more like multiplication rather than simply adding PL's together which is a rather vague statement to straight up assume it's Goku x Vegeta since it doesn't necessarily contradict Vados' formula.

Also: More like = similar rather than being the same.

Indeed there is. It’s quite lovely or cringe
Most are cringe as ****, and more like those fanfic writers wet dream, write character extremely out of character, like some fanfic write Rias (DxD) fell in love with Goku because Goku look muscular, ******* hell. But there are some extremely good written fanfic that have actual character development and reasonable, in character, but those fanfic is short......

Most are cringe as ****, and more like those fanfic writers wet dream, write character extremely out of character, like some fanfic write Rias (DxD) fell in love with Goku because Goku look muscular, ******* hell. But there are some extremely good written fanfic that have actual character development and reasonable, in character, but those fanfic is short......
Well since it’s DxD and fanfic authors sometimes write cringey shit, it’s pretty much expected to look like that lol. I can’t read something about Goku going to school and then being way too OOC for my taste. Hell even if Gohan was used I just can’t see it

Why aren't the SSJ2/SSJ3 official multipliers considered here? If the argument is about power levels, the original text uses the term "twice as powerful", for SSJ2, 4x as powerful for SSJ3, unlike the 50x for SSJ which uses 50x Battle Power...

Back