• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Nah it makes sense under UES stronger Ki>weaker Ki which would explain some things
i mean by that logic anyone with stronger stats and a "ki" like energy just negs i don't have an opinion on this, but trust me, the hell hole will reach us if someone even tries to do that

i mean by that logic anyone with stronger stats and a "ki" like energy just negs i don't have an opinion on this, but trust me, the hell hole will reach us if someone even tries to do that
You've already been to hell with the DBZ cosmology thread why not go (to hell) at it again? (Not right now obviously)

They accepted the UES for DBH like nobody's business and now every DBH character is a ******* resistance wall
Yeah that’s what I’m saying
Someone tried to downgrade Hakai for those reasons but that proposal got rejected

On the other hand, staff just doesn't wanna do the UES for DBS for some reason
yeah I remmeber ues was argued there too so it’s kinda weird how we don’t do it for everything
No idea, just stop!
what?
well with a stronger Ki but I don’t see what problems would ensue though things like vegeta breaking out of mind manip via sheer power wouldn’t qualify because he didn’t do it via ki

Yeah that’s what I’m saying

yeah I remmeber ues was argued there too so it’s kinda weird how we don’t do it for everything

what?

well with a stronger Ki but I don’t see what problems would ensue though things like vegeta breaking out of mind manip via sheer power wouldn’t qualify because he didn’t do it via ki
then there would be the problem of "what hax are ki based for that to be even acceptable?"

I bet if someone tries again they'll create a rule, we already have several threads being discussed about this,lol

then there would be the problem of "what hax are ki based for that to be even acceptable?"
Eh that’s not too bad if that’s the worst thing that’d happen I’d be ok with it something like hakai would probably be ok
Stop mentioning it, you'll end up creating another CRT and end up having a rule on the back, just stop it. We've been through this and there are too many threads on this subject.
I’m not creating a crt just talking about a hypothetical
and this is only the supporters discussing the speed, just imagine in the actual threads
god
I agree with the speed downgrade for Super if it means we keep the 3 space-times...
The multipliers weren’t abused anyways we could just abuse multipliers the right way this time or we’ll discover there’s no major anti feats

I’m not creating a crt just talking about a hypothetical
Don't even dream about it, because I'll have the pleasure of asking them to close it and I'll create a rule about it myself, you don't know the problems this caused when the CRT of the @Vizer04 on this subject, it took months to finish and took about 10 pages, it was a subject discussed until death, all administrators refused it.

The highest possibly end is the distance to the largest structure in the universe (1/10th of its diameter in fact) which is 10 billion LYs away from earth, reasoning being that it is the largest cluster of galaxies there is which more or less is what the 4 quadrants default to.

Don't even dream about it, because I'll have the pleasure of asking them to close it and I'll create a rule about it myself, you don't know the problems this caused when the CRT of the @Vizer04 on this subject, it took months to finish and took about 10 pages, it was a subject discussed until death, all administrators refused it.
Bruh you’re getting the wrong idea I’m trying to help db Hax not downgrade it hop on discord
It can be broken through through sheer power if you're significantly stronger than Hit

If you're in the same ballpark then it works
not in the anime goku has to adapt (should have re for it haha planned next crt)

not in the anime goku has to adapt (should have re for it haha planned next crt)
Goku didn't HAVE to adapt to it, he just ended up doing so after their fight

During the fight though he was able to break through it after becoming significantly stronger than him. In fact, Jiren, who never faced Time Skip before, was already resistant to it because he was simply that powerful. That's what they said

It can be broken through through sheer power if you're significantly stronger than Hit

If you're in the same ballpark then it works
In the manga. In the anime it's more or less implied at a certain level that it loses all effectiveness with Vados even claiming Jiren is too powerful to be effected by time hax entirely. The way Hit was evolving it in the anime was basically skipping time further and further to deal with Goku's growing speed but Jiren seemingly just rendered it completely pointless.

Comparatively the manga version has Time Skip be pretty trashy as hax and depend on the relative power of the user and opponent.

In the manga. In the anime it's more or less implied at a certain level that it loses all effectiveness with Vados even claiming Jiren is too powerful to be effected by time hax entirely. The way Hit was evolving it in the anime was basically skipping time further and further to deal with Goku's growing speed but Jiren seemingly just rendered it completely pointless.
Still a power-based thing, no?

During the fight though he was able to break through it after becoming significantly stronger than him. In fact, Jiren, who never faced Time Skip before, was already resistant to it because he was simply that powerful. That's what they said
Then the argument for scalable resistance through UES is viable, it’s not an explicit weakness of Hits timeskip as far as the anime is concerned, so higher ki= time stop resistance works there.

Still a power-based thing, no?
In the anime it isn't relative to Hit's power though. Goku was too fast for a 0.2 second Time Skip but Hit was able to freeze him in time after adapting his Time Skip to work beyond a second. Comparatively Manga Hit's Time Skip is just rendered completely useless based on the powers of others relative to himself.

In other words, Manga Hit's Time Skip is dependent on his own power. Anime Hit's Time Skip is something that just loses effectiveness when his opponent is so strong that time becomes irrelevant to them.

Anime Time Skip = Works on anyone unless they resist Time hax or surpass Time
Manga Time Skip = Won't work if Hit's raw power is significantly lower than the target

Hell if remember correctly hits accelerated development was explicitly pointed out to not be power based, it was a refinement of his hax which is what made him able to use the second timeskip against SSBKK 10 Goku.

That's an English Dub line only bro, its not gonna happen
The 'forced into the future' line? I just checked and King Kai says it in the sub as well, unless that's just a mistranslation. He even states Goku's Ki Disorder isn't just from the Kaio-Ken, it's also because he was forcing his body 'into the future' and that he wasn't just predicting Hit's movements. Which would explain why DBS characters aren't constantly moving at those speeds if it screws up their body a day or two later.

IMG_6092.jpg

I used to fight in battles

This

At first, Goku uses Analytical Prediction to fight Hit's Time-Skip (0.1s).

However, as Hit's Time-Skip progresses to (0.2s - 0.5s) Goku is unable to use his Analytical Prediction continuously.

And as SSBK20x Goku states that he is now on a level beyond Hit's Time-Skip, when he intercepts Hit in the middle of his Time-Skip

Goku also states that the Past Hit technique (Time-Skip) doesn't work on him anymore

The 'forced into the future' line? I just checked and King Kai says it in the sub as well, unless that's just a mistranslation. He even states Goku's Ki Disorder isn't just from the Kaio-Ken, it's also because he was forcing his body 'into the future' and that he wasn't just predicting Hit's movements. Which would explain why DBS characters aren't constantly moving at those speeds if it screws up their body a day or two later.
I mean it’s the official sub so I doubt it’s a mistranslation
Hell if remember correctly hits accelerated development was explicitly pointed out to not be power based, it was a refinement of his hax which is what made him able to use the second timeskip against SSBKK 10 Goku.
It’s reactive evolution

And as SSBK20x Goku states that he is now on a level beyond Hit's Time-Skip, when he intercepts Hit in the middle of his Time-Skip

This one is blatantly through sheer power. What I was referring to was him being immune to it in any regard during their rematch. That's after he completely adapted to it. That reminds me, Goku should have Reactive Evolution for that

Back