• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

The distance between galaxies can be finite while there is an infinite amount of galaxies
No shit. My point is that there's four blatantly separate infinite spaces here. Crossing from one to another means you cross the boundary of infinity. They're not crossing a finite distance in an infinite space, they're crossing the boundaries of one infinite space and heading into another

Btw Ice, the cross-quadrant feats are in fact a problem

There's already infinite galaxies in each quadrant (countless meaning infinite in this context), so any of the feats in which someone crossed quadrants poses the problem Lephyr suggested
Hum, that is not saying that there is countless galaxies in each quadrant tho

And by the way, there's an abundance of cross-quadrant feats
Quadrants are purely directions, crossing from one to the other is not that much impressive

Would it be possible to make a profiles for Brolyverse Gohan? He's the guy who actually shows up the most during it aside from Broly himself and the one who has the most fights aside of him (he shows up in Burn Up!! Hot fight! Fierce Fight! Super Fight! Violent Fight!, Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans and The Dangerous Duo! The Super Warriors can't rest, and he fights in all of them), his story is different due to all the adventures that neither his manga or Toei self goes through...just food for thought.

I argue Goku but he only fights in two of them (Burn Up! Hot Fight! Fierce Fight! Super Fight! Violent Fight! And Plan to Eradicate The Saiyans) while in The Dangerous Duo Super Warriors can't not rest it's ambiguous if he was real or not while in The Super Warrior Defeated, I'm the one who'll win! He only makes a cameo.
Depends, is he different enough from toei gohan?

Hum, that is not saying that there is countless galaxies in each quadrant tho
Blatantly saying that the thing that Broly destroyed contains countless galaxies, said thing being the South Quadrant (corroborated by King Kai saying that the North Quadrant is in imminent danger)
Quadrants are purely directions, crossing from one to the other is not that much impressive
The quadrants are entire areas of the universe containing their own infinite space as highlighted above

No shit. My point is that there's four blatantly separate infinite spaces here. Crossing from one to another means you cross the boundary of infinity. They're not crossing a finite distance in an infinite space, they're crossing the boundaries of one infinite space and heading into another
The 4 quadrants add up to an infinite amount of galaxies and the quadrants extend outwards
image0.jpg

So you shouldn’t need infinite speed to cross the quadrants

The quadrants are entire areas of the universe containing their own infinite space as highlighted above
They are delimited directions that separate areas yes, that is just how south east west and north directions work, we can do the same exact thing with our universe for example, if the totality is infinite then these cardinal directions would go on infinitely as well, but it isn't really impressive to cross from one to the other since they are nothing more than directions

If we’re going to go down the route of scaling all the way back from early DBZ using only accepted multipliers and scaling reflected on profiles, the speeds would look like this for Toei verse:

Base Goku ( Saiyan saga) : 1 serving placeholder for speed rating
KK3: 3x
Early Namek Base: 3x
KK10: 30x
Post Zenkai base : 30x
SS1: 1500x
Base Goku ( Cooler ) : 1500x
SS1 Goku ( Cooler/ Android/ Cells saga ): 75,000x

After that, all we have are marginal increases in power that don’t reflect changes in speed ratings.

Buu saga

Base Goku 75,000x
SS1 Goku 3,750,000x
( Pre-HTC) SS1 Gotenks 187,500,000x
( Post HTC )SS1 Gotenks 9,375,000,000x
Ultimate Gohan: 9,375,000,000x
Post Defusion SS1-SS3 Goku : 468,750,000,000x

Someone else do GT.

They are delimited directions that separate areas yes, that is just how south east west and north directions work, we can do the same exact thing with our universe for example, if the totality is infinite then these cardinal directions would go on infinitely as well, but it isn't really impressive to cross from one to the other since they are nothing more than directions
They're not exclusively cardinal directions

The literal translation is "area." "北エリア" means "North Area"

They're only called quadrants because there's four of them

My point still stands

The difference is that these are specifically separate areas, not name-designated divisions of a totality of something

In fact, the latter is not even close to the case considering the Living World also contains a much larger darkness unreachable by the light. Another separate area

Omega is right here the quadrants are called NSEW galaxies/sections/quadrants/areas because they’re seperated by 4 cardinal directions the totality equaling infinite amount of galaxies but as shown in my scan they extend outwards so it would just be high into MFTL+ when you cross a quadrant to another probably like billions or trillions of galaxies
The 4 quadrants add up to an infinite amount of galaxies and the quadrants extend outwards
image0.jpg

So you shouldn’t need infinite speed to cross the quadrants

Omega is right here the quadrants are called NSEW galaxies/sections/quadrants/areas because they’re seperated by 4 cardinal directions the totality equaling infinite amount of galaxies but as shown in my scan they extend outwards so it would just be high into MFTL+ when you cross a quadrant to another probably like billions or trillions of galaxies
I mean, not impressive in comparison to infinite, but still, we would need a lot of assumption to pull out a calc based on it, alao like, depends on where you are in the quadrant, if you are closer to the point of separation between then it wouldn't be much impressive in comparison to of you are away from it

I mean, not impressive in comparison to infinite, but still, we would need a lot of assumption to pull out a calc based on it, alao like, depends on where you are in the quadrant, if you are closer to the point of separation between then it wouldn't be much impressive in comparison to of you are away from it
Yeah I know but they’d definitely still be MFTL+ values still and we don’t have to disregard them
I don't see how having an associated cardinal direction debunks them being separated infinities
because the totality of them is infinite

I don't see how having an associated cardinal direction debunks them being separated infinities
Who ever said that they aren't? That is not even remotely the point, they are separated by the cardinal directions, so they are as big as that direction goes, but that is not relevant for you going from south to north for example, there is no need to cross an infinite distance when all you need to do is to go into a straight line until you change your direction into another cardinal

But they become not feaseble since we don't have much of a way to cal them, like, i am not sure how would we even assume a distance in this case
Low end assumptions are valid, for example we know Earth and Namek are on different galaxy quadrants so milky-way to andromeda is the absolute lowest end, on the higher end you could use the median distance between two superclusters of galaxies.

But they become not feaseble since we don't have much of a way to cal them, like, i am not sure how would we even assume a distance in this case
Calcs are always based off assumptions we’d have a low end mid end and high end
The lowest possible end would probably be 1 galaxy though even that might be too much of A lowball

Calcs are always based off assumptions we’d have a low end mid end and high end
The lowest possible end would probably be 1 galaxy though even that might be too much of A lowball
What could be the mid and high end in your opinion?
I think this suggestion is a fine mid to high end:

Low end assumptions are valid, for example we know Earth and Namek are on different galaxy quadrants so milky-way to andromeda is the absolute lowest end, on the higher end you could use the median distance between two superclusters of galaxies.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be cool imo if someone were to make a blog going into depth about Ki (what it is, it's applications, it's attributes, etc.) using canonical sources and guides.

he does, what about him?

that would be a high end then, with the one galaxy to another a low end the two clusters as a mid end, that would work just fine, the mid end seems safer to me personally
in the dbs manga, beerus was going to destroy the entire universe, how would they not scale? just like the anime?

Imo Ki in like dbs and dbz should be treated like how dark Ki dark factor and like time power are treated where if something is done specifically with that UES it applies to all people and resistances since it’s pretty consistent with what it’s shown in the show
I doubt it will happen, but it would be cool imo if someone were to make a blog going into depth about Ki (what it is, it's applications, it's attributes, etc.) using canonical sources and guides.

in the dbs manga, beerus was going to destroy the entire universe,
yeah so?

how would they not scale?
i am just saying what is accepted at the moment

just like the anime?
well BoG arc wouldn't for reason i said earlier

Imo Ki in like dbs and dbz should be treated like how dark Ki dark factor and like time power are treated where if something is done specifically with that UES it applies to all people and resistances since it’s pretty consistent with what it’s shown in the show
oh trust me, you don't want to fall under that hellhole, hax downgrades would probably be argued

yeah so?

i am just saying what is accepted at the moment

well BoG arc wouldn't for reason i said earlier

oh trust me, you don't want to fall under that hellhole, hax downgrades would probably be argued
Nah it makes sense under UES stronger Ki>weaker Ki which would explain some things

Someone tried to downgrade Hakai for those reasons but that proposal got rejected
If I remember that it was because of making something as interesting as Ki mastery, we could see Frieza mentally working his way through hell. Maybe Goku can withstand the effects of hakai in his basic state because of his mastery of ki. Even Vegeta said someone like Jiren has high Ki mastery in DBS:SH and he imitated it by training his mind, Whis also confirmed that.
On the other hand, staff just doesn't wanna do the UES for DBS for some reason
Yeah

Back