• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Freeza in the ToP and in Broly made up for his shortcomings in RoF imo.

Also honestly, this seems fine to me from a read, I just wanna reserve full judgement for when it actually comes out.

I personally think Freeza shouldn’t have come back to life at all (and if he has to, Vegeta should’ve gotten the kill), although he does have some pretty cool moments in the ToP.

I personally think Freeza shouldn’t have come back to life at all (and if he has to, Vegeta should’ve gotten the kill), although he does have some pretty cool moments in the ToP.
I completly disagree with Vegeta ever having the kill on Freezer, Vegeta's whole problem with Freezer is that he couldn't be the biggest bully in school as long as Freezer was around and could ragdoll him and mess with him like Vegeta did to others. Him ever killing Freezer would be way too validating for his namek saga self.

Especialy when it's completly one sided and Freezer couldn't give less of a shit about Vegeta.

I completly disagree with Vegeta ever having the kill on Freezer, Vegeta's whole problem with Freezer is that he couldn't be the biggest bully in school as long as Freezer was around and could ragdoll him and mess with him like Vegeta did to others. Him ever killing Freezer would be way too validating for his namek saga self.

Especialy when it's completly one sided and Freezer couldn't give less of a shit about Vegeta.
I mean begets has changed since than Morley at the time of ROF wants payback for exterminating the saiyan race

I mean begets has changed since than Morley at the time of ROF wants payback for exterminating the saiyan race
Wanting payback for the saiyan race isn't a good thing either, even Goku literaly say they got what they deserved, because for the huge majority of them, they just did to others what Freezer did to them.

Betting that the arc is going to end/start the next arc with the Grand Priest saying something unrelated to Merus, or related to Merus but still leading into something that's not specifically his death. When you think about it though, it took the Grand Priest a relatively long amount of time to contact Beerus and Whis after Merus' death, but you'd think he would know about it immediately after it happens.

Anyways, yeah, reading the summary above, next chapter sounds like complete trash. It's cool seeing Goku canonically use a Ki construct (although sad that it wasn't Dragon Fist which he could've used to hit Moro's head crystal) for once, as Ki constructs were already a canon thing I believe, but very uncommonly used. That's about the only good sounding thing from this chapter.

Betting that the arc is going to end/start the next arc with the Grand Priest saying something unrelated to Merus, or related to Merus but still leading into something that's not specifically his death. When you think about it though, it took the Grand Priest a relatively long amount of time to contact Beerus and Whis after Merus' death, but you'd think he would know about it immediately after it happens.

Anyways, yeah, reading the summary above, next chapter sounds like complete trash. It's cool seeing Goku canonically use a Ki construct (although sad that it wasn't Dragon Fist which he could've used to hit Moro's head crystal) for once, as Ki constructs were already a canon thing I believe, but very uncommonly used. That's about the only good sounding thing from this chapter.
I bet GP calling Whis and Beerus is gonna lead to Merus being brough back somehow, which I'm not against honestly.

Also, I wouldn't jump to saying that the anime will be so similar to the manga just yet. Regardless of if the anime was far ahead of the manga before or not, the anime has been extremely different from the manga in many ways. Hell, the Goku Black Arc was almost entirely different. They're only following the same overall plot, not doing the same exact events. Even the ToP was pretty different even, though you'd think it'd have more similarities due to what the arc is.

I doubt it, even knowing Dragon Ball. The Angel Laws are set in stone, and the Grand Priest doesn't seem kind enough to overlook Merus' breaking the Angel Laws. We can assume that GP probably put the laws there in the first place.

I feel like it'd be extremely out of character for them to bring back Merus from erasure. If it was Goku trying to do it then definitely, but not the Grand Priest. It would defy the whole point of him putting that rule there in the first place. Angel's are not supposed to directly interfere with the affairs of mortals, especially not to that extent. If they do, they will be erased. I don't think even Dragon Ball would disregard all of that, and the meaning of Merus dying, just because "lol too sad character come back". Merus wasn't that relevant anyways, and it's typically just main characters who get brought back.

We'll have to disagree then. Isn't ROF the DB movie that made the most money in japan?
Imagine using "Money = Quality" argument.
RoF built itself from the BoG movie success and baited people with the Freiza popularity similar to how Broly movie had a massive hit it even came out cuz it used "Broly"
Doesn't change the fact that the narrative and the execution was absolute Garbage that was criticized by most of who watched it.

Bringing back Freiza, while fan-service extreme, still served the narrative a great deal in ToP and Broly movie.
that wasn't the case in RoF though.

So I need a little more details about Saiyan Beyond God. Its just Goku using his regular ki but its just a lot higher then it was before right?

Imagine using "Money = Quality" argument.
RoF built itself from the BoG movie success and baited people with the Freiza popularity similar to how Broly movie had a massive hit it even came out cuz it used "Broly"
Doesn't change the fact that the narrative and the execution was absolute Garbage that was criticized by most of who watched it.

Bringing back Freiza, while fan-service extreme, still served the narrative a great deal in ToP and Broly movie.
that wasn't the case in RoF though.
At the end of the day, it's what decide if a franchise die or live, you can have all the redditors wanking off at how good you are, if you made no money, you'll still be considered a worthless waste and get dropped by the industry.

'Most who watched it' then how come it has 'overwhelmingly positive reviews' on most sites I checked ?

So I need a little more details about Saiyan Beyond God. Its just Goku using his regular ki but its just a lot higher then it was before right?
It's essentially Super Saiyan Power! but with Super Saiyan God. He's using Super Saiyan God's power in his base form, with the only difference being the "texture" of his aura.

Also, I wouldn't jump to saying that the anime will be so similar to the manga just yet. Regardless of if the anime was far ahead of the manga before or not, the anime has been extremely different from the manga in many ways. Hell, the Goku Black Arc was almost entirely different. They're only following the same overall plot, not doing the same exact events. Even the ToP was pretty different even, though you'd think it'd have more similarities due to what the arc is.
That's because it's acted- I mean a different continuity.

At the end of the day, it's what decide if a franchise die or live, you can have all the redditors wanking off at how good you are, if you made no money, you'll still be considered a worthless waste and get dropped by the industry.

'Most who watched it' then how come it has 'overwhelmingly positive reviews' on most sites I checked ?
You are missing my point.
I am not dismissing the success of the movie I am just speaking from narrative PoV, and that movie is garbage
The anime retelling didn't help its case and now it remembered as one of the worst pieces of DB media of all time.

For RoF? Almost Anyone I talked to shit on that movie including every member on this thread except you probably.

It's essentially Super Saiyan Power! but with Super Saiyan God. He's using Super Saiyan God's power in his base form, with the only difference being the "texture" of his aura.
So im confused, then what is the point in transforming into SSG if he can just use the power in base?

Last edited:
So im confused then, what is the point in transforming into SSG if he can just use the power in base?
According to Toriyama, "...Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God."

I guess Super just wanted it to appear.

You know this may just be me but I kinda wish that Beerus didn't have such a prominent role in DBS as he does currently. Mainly because due to his seemingly godlike (plot based) power, it makes any antagonist that DBS introduces non threatening cause you know that Beerus could easily Hakai them out of existence or just overpower them with sheer strength, and even though Beerus is bounded by some certain rules put in place it doesn't change the fact that if he so wanted to he could end any threat without any effort so if I could rewrite DBS I'd have Beerus appear less often and like only in times where he's needed the most.

You know this may just be me but I kinda wish that Beerus didn't have such a prominent role in DBS as he does currently. Mainly because due to his seemingly godlike (plot based) power, it makes any antagonist that DBS introduces non threatening cause you know that Beerus could easily Hakai them out of existence or just overpower them with sheer strength, and even though Beerus is bounded by some certain rules put in place it doesn't change the fact that if he so wanted to he could end any threat without any effort so if I could rewrite DBS I'd have Beerus appear less often and like only in times where he's needed the most.
I disagree, making him show up only when he's needed when he has plot tier power would just make him a deus ex machina instead of the actual character he currently is.

Even if Toyotaro seems to have forgotten that.

I guessing the whole "absorbed ssg" means "his base fused with the ritual power and has 2% of the power before training"

Then the form came back because it is stilla form of it's own.

I think the reason goku had that bigass jump in power was because of going from regular ki to god ki, although i still find it weird that ssg is a form of it's own instead of just "base goku making use of god ki" even if he could use like kaioken 2x or something

I mean it's always nice to see Super Saiyan God in action, maybe because my color is red but I just love the aura and interesting use of techniques which users of Super Saiyan God use even though it's inferior to Super Saiyan Blue

It's the power from the ritual, not of the form itself.
Thats still hella confusing, his powers is that from the SSG form so either way even if from the ritual he is STILL getting that power for his base form

According to Toriyama, "...Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God."

I guess Super just wanted it to appear.
Thats....hella dumb of Toei then. I guess since his base form is stronger then his SSG, they wanted him to be even more powerful by having the transformation

Thats still hella confusing, his powers is that from the SSG form so either way even if from the ritual he is STILL getting that power for his base form

Thats....hella dumb of Toei then. I guess since his base form is stronger then his SSG, they wanted him to be even more powerful by having the transformation
In all fairness, blame Toyotaro for that one.

@BlackeJan I always interpreted the absorption thing to be Goku absorbing his initial full power as a god during the BOG arc, added to be his natural base form, and then he can get much stronger by stacking on Super Saiyan forms and the god forms

I think the only actual use for SSG is the "regen" some people claim it has, and God Bind(but it is unknown if Goku could use this with other forms)

You know with Toriyama's track record of forgetting how characters are drawn, I wonder if Super Saiyan God came into existence just to give him a reason to forget what color hair Goku has

I enjoy Beerus and Whis being active in DBS even if they are just standing around or floating most of the time. To me they are some of the most enjoyable contributions in recent DB media.

Back