• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Imagine a 12v1v1v1v1v2 as the running for the contest of power in the multiverse

Destroyers, Broly, Jiren, Frieza, Granolah, and the rivals (maybe 4 if Gohan and Piccolo?)

so unless the leaks that ive read are incorrect, Whis implied that Frieza is still not a threat to Beerus
My prediction was nearly half correct, shockingly.

"Or Platinum Frieza has arrived and will get a statement of being above GoD level just to get fodderized by Beerus or something." Frieza does have a new transformation. While he isn't stated to be above Beerus nor fights him, the fact that Whis says so would imply that someone, possibly Goku, ponders if Frieza is stronger than Beerus, and then Whis affirms that Beerus is still far above him. I'll take it.

Bad writing 101: When you know you've written yourself into a corner, simply move the goalpost, no matter how obvious it is that you're doing it.
BoG (anime and partially manga): SSJG Goku gave Beerus a genuine challenge and was not an easy opponent for Beerus to overcome.

RoF (anime): Goku and Vegeta have gotten closer, and when teaming up might have a shot against Beerus.

U6 Tournament (anime): Beerus is concerned about Goku having Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken and Whis questions if Beerus is afraid.

Goku Black Arc (manga): Supreme Kai thinks Vegito is probably > Beerus.

Exhibition Match (manga): Jiren stated to be stronger than Belmod in terms of raw power, who was arguably implied to be on a higher-level among the GoD's.

ToP (anime): Goku and Jiren stated to be above the GoD's numerous times, Goku achieving a state Beerus could not obtain. Goku beating Jiren who was stated to be stronger than his own God of Destruction, who was stated to be stronger than Beerus.

ToP (manga): Implications that Goku and Jiren are probably around Beerus level.

Nearly everything after the ToP: Beerus still shitstomps no-diff kekw.

Fr, Beerus is like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black Frieza apparently, who just casually mutilated and killed Gas, who was in the process of wrecking Goku and Vegeta's shit while dying. Toriyama, Toyotaro, whoever tf is still writing seriously does not want Beerus to be surpassed by anyone who isn't already stronger than him.

This could be so very easily solved by making the GoDs train again so they're rivals rather than just ******* moving the goalpost at every point

I stg if they do this when the anime returns

Nearly everything after the ToP: Beerus still shitstomps no-diff kekw.

Fr, Beerus is like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black Frieza apparently, who just casually mutilated and killed Gas, who was in the process of wrecking Goku and Vegeta's shit while dying. Toriyama, Toyotaro, whoever tf is still writing seriously does not want Beerus to be surpassed by anyone who isn't already stronger than him.
H U R T S

I mean even the brolly movie, its story was written by Toriyama who himself in the manga made Goku see the GoDs fight at full power, then Goku says that Broly might be above Beerus.

Then we have Moro > Broly and Jiren statement

Then Goku destroying that Moro easily

After that Goku said that he shouldn't mess with Beerus
Then Whis saying that this Frieza isn't the fighter whom the fish had a dream of, aka the fighter who will be Beerus' rival

I mean even the brolly movie, its story was written by Toriyama who himself in the manga made Goku see the GoDs fight at full power, then Goku says that Broly might be above Beerus.
I don't remember manga have the same statement, and in anime sure Goku never actually know the full extent of Beerus power, he just guess

About anime, let see how this play out, since the gap between Broly and Super Hero is pretty big, and Super Hero is not exactly informative about this either

They've been rather decently adamant in the anime continuity that Beerus has been surpassed

Although once again, I do hope he and the other Destroyers start training again to keep the gap close

Deadass if it turns out that Beerus was training behind the scenes this whole time, I'll laugh.

Just imagine, when Goku and Vegeta finally go off planet, Beerus just going to Whis like "Shit, I need to grind, these people are insane!"

Deadass if it turns out that Beerus was training behind the scenes this whole time, I'll laugh.

Just imagine, when Goku and Vegeta finally go off planet, Beerus just going to Whis like "Shit, I need to grind, these people are insane!"
That's so much more cohesive and prevents Beerus upscaling from being contradictory to past statements

Although the training would have to have started more recently because it was clear that Third Ultra Instinct Omen Goku and Full Power Jiren were above Beerus in power

The thing about manga is, it move at wrong direction, similar to anime, it hyped Ultra Instinct, but make Goku capable of using it right at the next Arc, after ToP where it was hyped, it would be nice if they keep UI is a rare and occasional form that only accessible in dire situation for a while. And now because they make Goku can transform into UI too fast, it starting get nelf

The thing about manga is, it move at wrong direction, similar to anime, it hyped Ultra Instinct, but make Goku capable of using it right at the next Arc, after ToP where it was hyped, it would be nice if they keep UI is a rare and occasional form that only accessible in dire situation for a while. And now because they make Goku can transform into UI too fast, it starting get nelf
That was their first mistake

and now everyone is getting stronger than UI.

The thing about manga is, it move at wrong direction, similar to anime, it hyped Ultra Instinct, but make Goku capable of using it right at the next Arc, after ToP where it was hyped, it would be nice if they keep UI is a rare and occasional form that only accessible in dire situation for a while. And now because they make Goku can transform into UI too fast, it starting get ne
Yes It doesn't feel different from Super Saiyan at this point. He was barely dodging against Gas and mainly power clashing.

Yes It doesn't feel different from Super Saiyan at this point. He was barely dodging against Gas and mainly power clashing.
I get the point but the thing is since the opponents are stronger than UI Goku at the time then UI won't be as effective. Like when Black Frieza oneshotted him. The gap was such even with the UI Goku had he couldn't dodge.

That's kinda a manga thing. It's nowhere near as good at showing off U.I's dodging compared to the anime (perhaps minus the Moro arc).

I get the point but the thing is since the opponents are stronger than UI Goku at the time then UI won't be as effective. Like when Black Frieza oneshotted him. The gap was such even with the UI Goku had he couldn't dodge.
My Problem is that the whole gap thing is portrayed rather inconsistent. Base Goku with imperfect UI had dodging on par SSJ Vegeta.
Then we see Gas vs TUI Goku whom were initally on comperable levels but both were landing their fair share of punches.

In the ToP UI was beaten by using smart writing.

For example in the Anime Jiren managed to hit Goku by overpowering him in powerclashes when Goku was on the offense or by outmanevouring him in the air.
In manga on the other hand he realised that MUI only takes advantage of openings in the guard and drains the user. He beat MUI Goku by outlasting him staminawise. In both cases he found a way around it.

But now all you need is a small powergap. Frieza might be far more powerful but Gas clearly wasn't that much stronger.

Last edited:
Also it is obvious but Beerus has UE like Vegeta and also incomplete UI. That's why is not so easy to be surpassed.

Gas and Grannolah > Jiren but had statements that Dragon can not make them stronger than the Gods.

Last edited:
In Heroes this inconsistency also appears somewhat, where there's a WoG that states the GoDs would just erase Hearts and the gang, despite Hearts being like 25000-200000 times stronger than ToP LB Jiren at that point.

If the anime comes back and Beerus is stronger then Goku after the ToP just have Whis say he's been training after seeing UI Goku surpass him
Unlikely... Like in the manga the previous staments won't hold value and Beerus will be > Goku without training.

Back