• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

He is just moving enough to avoid getting hit at vital points.
I don't think that's true, we see his vital points go brr, then he gets hit in the vital but is unaffected as if it were a normal attack, and then granolah says he's shifting his vitals out of harms way, and goku himself says he moves his vitals after granolah locks on so he avoids the part where it would hurt, so this might be body control through ultra instinct.
So I guess if someone say granolah tried kicking Goku in the nuts, Goku's nuts would dodge the attack by retracting inside or something because even his nuts have ultra instinct.

The implication seems to be that he can literally shift his vitals.
Nah, he stated that he can't dodge the attack completely, but that he shifts his body at the last possible second to avoid getting hit in his most vital spots. He's just moving out of the way really quickly by anticipating Granolah's moves. It's a very good skill feat, and arguably good enough to be additional support for his Analytical Prediction.

Anyway, chapter was bloody fantastic. I loved it.

Nah, he stated that he can't dodge the attack completely, but that he shifts his body at the last possible second to avoid getting hit in his most vital spots. He's just moving out of the way really quickly by anticipating Granolah's moves. It's a very good skill feat, and arguably good enough to be additional support for his Analytical Prediction.

Anyway, chapter was bloody fantastic. I loved it.
Actually that makes more sense, but then why does his vital twitch before being hit?

I guess just Toyotaro's whacky way of portraying that he's narrowly avoiding the hit? Idk lol.
Actually I know what it is. It's ultra instinct, when ultra instinct protects Goku, it also does that twitch thing, goku's chest also did the same thing when moro broke his hand on it, granolah also confirmed that Goku is using UI to do that, but the thing is Goku is also aware of this so he may also be doing it manually and ultra instinct helps him as he says he himself is doing it. Man granolah is really lucky that he got that hit off on UI Goku, or else he'd be f***ed.

If that was the case then all he's doing is dodging as much as possible not get his vitals hit, but they definitely portray it like something more than that.

On page 14 you see something happening in/around Goku's neck to protect himself, but he's definitely not dodging.
On page 15 Goku says that the same move isn't gonna work on him again, which should imply he's doing a little more than barely dodging it.
On page 16 Goku's hit on the same place as he was in his previous fight, but now he's unaffected.
On page 17 Granolah verbatim states Goku is shifting his vitals. Goku also confirms this.
On page 17 Goku also explains he's able to do this in the pause between Granolah locking onto his vitals and the moment he attacks.
On page 18 Goku states he's able to shift enough so Granolah doesn't hit where it really hurts.
On page 18 Granolah also states that Gokunhas thought this through and calls Goku's move an "evasion technique".

So yeah, I do think the implication is that he's actually shifting his vitals. But that's just my take on it, though.

If that was the case then all he's doing is dodging as much as possible not get his vitals hit, but they definitely portray it like something more than that.

On page 14 you see something happening in/around Goku's neck to protect himself, but he's definitely not dodging.
On page 15 Goku says that the same move isn't gonna work on him again, which should imply he's doing a little more than barely dodging it.
On page 16 Goku's hit on the same place as he was in his previous fight, but now he's unaffected.
On page 17 Granolah verbatim states Goku is shifting his vitals. Goku also confirms this.
On page 17 Goku also explains he's able to do this in the pause between Granolah locking onto his vitals and the moment he attacks.
On page 18 Goku states he's able to shift enough so Granolah doesn't hit where it really hurts.
On page 18 Granolah also states that Gokunhas thought this through and calls Goku's move an "evasion technique".

So yeah, I do think the implication is that he's actually shifting his vitals. But that's just my take on it, though.
Yeah I thought so too, but his evasion technique is actually ultra instinct, and he's shifting as in moving himself not literally moving his vitals, it makes more sense that way, UI is the reason for the twitching.

Yeah I thought so too, but his evasion technique is actually ultra instinct, and he's shifting as in moving himself not literally moving his vitals, it makes more sense that way, UI is the reason for the twitching.
Nothing implies he's using UI right now, though. Plus all he did in UI was amp a body part with ki to tank the attack. Against Granolah he's evading the attack.

Can a Kiai blast actually spawn on or next to the target? I thought a Kiai gathered invisible ki and projected it from the user to achieve what they desired?
Well i don't remember another kia spawning next to something. I suppose goku was fast enough to move vegeta before he was hitten by granolah as the other said.

Can we conclude that a kiai is faster than other normal attacks? Considering Granolah was so close to attacking Vegeta, and Goku's kiai was able to reach him faster to move him out of the way.
I think so since (as far as I'm aware) no one in the story has been able to react to a Kiai attack. Heck even Shin was able to Kiai eye's Buu and Buu wasn't able to react (although it might likely cause it's an invisible blast), and when he did it again to save Gohan, Buu didn't even realize it.

I think so since (as far as I'm aware) no one in the story has been able to react to a Kiai attack. Heck even Shin was able to Kiai eye's Buu and Buu wasn't able to react (although it might likely cause it's an invisible blast), and when he did it again to save Gohan, Buu didn't even realize it.
I have to agree that kia is very useful both in dragonball and here in vs battles

I love how Toyotaro is exploring much more of his old abilities. The last time he used Telekinesis was in the Saiyan Saga, and the last time he used Telepathy was in the Android Saga, but he's using both of them more frequently.

I wish he would explore Saiyan biology.
A thing I want to see again is the explosión manipulation but I don't think its very good to use it actually.😅

Back