• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I don't usually talk in here but I'd like to give my opinions over the inevitable return of Bardock through flashbacks we're going to see and my biggest concern is honestly whether or not they'll keep his character intact instead of just making him a "good guy."

We're explicitly told by Bardock himself that he's destroyed and killed(and it's likely been hundreds of thousands if not millions of people considering he's been likely been doing what he's done all his life) in the Broly movie and that's something that's in stark contrast of Goku, he's a flawed man whose work is that of death and he shouldn't lose that edge. I just really hope they don't throw that out the window but alas that's just my minor concerns and it's too early to tell what will happen but yeah

Somehow Goku was the smartest guy in the chapter. Who knew?

I had fun with it, though.
Right even called both of them on their bs and said it was stupid but yeah it was definitely good and man I hope this chapter shuts people up who were quick to call character regression on vegeta and say he's just taking more from Goku I'd genuinely feel stupid if I said something like that then read this chapter

What is wrong with Garnohla? One moment he's one-shotting UI Goku then the next he can't finish Blue Goku even after a power-up.

Also, Vegeta's new form was very underwhelming in the grand scheme of things, he couldn't even score a tie and tagged again just to get whaled again a third time.
How do you score a new form and jobs twice in a row in the same fight? Would it kill them to let Vegeta score even a tie?

Also, Goku couldn't read into Garnohla's attack with UI but with Blue now he can.

He one shorted ui Goku by hitting at his vital points Goku avoided that in this chapter by shifting himself slightly so Granolah misses his vital points
So what? Ego Vegeta is actually pretty inferior to UI Goku?

Missing a vital point isn't an argument when Granolah is supposed to be far greater than Blue Goku speed and AP wise.
Even his clone who had likely less than half of his power before he even powered up was stronger than Goku.

Goku Blue could also react to Granolah btw.
0076-011.png

So what? Ego Vegeta is actually pretty inferior to UI Goku?

Missing a vital point isn't an argument when Granolah is supposed to be far greater than Blue Goku speed and AP wise.
Even his clone who had likely less than half of his power before he even powered up was stronger than Goku.
False clone Granolah and Goku were pretty evenly matched (ssb Goku was even somewhat winning and ui was absolutely above him) in fact the only hits that actually harmed Goku seriously were vital point strikes

How about you actually post the panels where Clone was clearly overpowering Blue Goku instead of nitpicking?

The clone was overpowering Blue Goku for most of his fight and using UI only helped him to avoid some hit but Clone even with taking a Kamehameha at point-blank range still didn't take that much damage. Granolah then revealed his full power and THEN get another power-up on top of it, yet now "vital points" is an argument.

Like, no shit yeah the Byakugan thing gives Granolah an advantage but he should be league above Blue Goku.

How about you actually post the panels where Clone was clearly overpowering Blue Goku instead of nitpicking?

The clone was overpowering Blue Goku for most of his fight and using UI only helped him to avoid some hit but Clone even with taking a Kamehameha at point-blank range still didn't take that much damage. Granolah then revealed his full power and THEN get another power-up on top of it, yet now "vital points" is an argument.

Like, no shit yeah the Byakugan thing gives Granolah an advantage but he should be league above Blue Goku.
Overpowering? They were fighting pretty equally

What is wrong with Garnohla? One moment he's one-shotting UI Goku then the next he can't finish Blue Goku even after a power-up.

Also, Vegeta's new form was very underwhelming in the grand scheme of things, he couldn't even score a tie and tagged again just to get whaled again a third time.
How do you score a new form and jobs twice in a row in the same fight? Would it kill them to let Vegeta score even a tie?

Also, Goku couldn't read into Garnohla's attack with UI but with Blue now he can.
It’s almost as if all 3 characters are progressively getting stronger throughout the fight. 😱

Back