• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Please tell me they are not officially calling it "Ultra Ego" lmao

Please tell me they are not officially calling it "Ultra Ego" lmao
The name is something like "The Secret of the Self-indulgent".
There is also Mega-Instinct as an alternative but thats all we have so oof.

We got Migatte no Goku'i (The Secret of the Self Centered) and Wagamama no Goku'i (The Secret of the Self-Indulgent), which are both translated as Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego.

Ask the dragon ball wiki.

They're treating it like UI where Angels have the technique and Goku has the transformation. Except here its that GoDs have the technique and Vegeta has the transformation.

Yeah Ultra Ego doesn't sound too bad after awhile, and I like how aside from indulging in his ego it makes Vegeta a bit more unhinged and ferocious in combat. Like he's lost all sense of self and is fighting with animalistic instincts

In all fairness, I thought Ultra Instinct also sounded dumb for a while. While I think it sounds better than Ultra Ego does, I'm overall fine with the name Ultra Ego.

Though it is extremely funny that of course Vegeta gets a form named Ultra Ego.

In all fairness, I thought Ultra Instinct also sounded dumb for a while. While I think it sounds better than Ultra Ego does, I'm overall fine with the name Ultra Ego.

Though it is extremely funny that of course Vegeta gets a form named Ultra Ego.
Ultra instinct is like the dopest name ever what are you talking about? I think ultra ego sounds weird though but I'm fine with it, but there are better names.

Yikes, you're still arguing?

Why would it need to be mentioned or shown again? The feat is very simple and straightforward. Girls fuse > Goku punches fusion > girls defuse.

Vegeta having FSF doesn't "contradict" it. In fact FSF is completely different to what Goku did. Goku unfused a regular fusion while Vegeta can simply take any energy that isn't originally from [insert character].

Anyway, this isn't even a CRT lmao. Let's stop wasting time.
No implications it's actually power null on top of Goku never having been stated, shown, or implied to have it both in and outside of this specific example means it's a very big stretch to claim Goku has power null. And that's also on top of Vegeta being able to use an ability that can do the exact same thing in the very same arc.

Vegeta directly said himself that he can undo things like absorption and fusion. And you're saying that Goku can undo fusion with power null. Not contradictory?

Agree with stopping, not cause it isn't a CRT but because it's not an argument worth having. I could see you taking that out of context so I'll clarify, I'm not saying it's not worth having cause your opinion is objectively wrong, but primarily because it's an ability that I'm 99% certain won't ever get added. Also don't know why I'm back into the habit of wasting time arguing with other people over the internet when I have infinitely better things I could be doing. Guess that just happens sometimes. Bye now.

Can we get Chou Vegeta an Ultra Ego key already? I wanna make an Ego vs Instinct matchup asap cuz I need to witness some juicy debate that doesn't come from reddit or comicvine.
Nah give him arc keys and not transformation keys, because his keys will be changed thanks to my CRT

Not surprised Gogeta Blue seems (we don’t know yet) stronger than UI Goku. Honestly, only thing that people used to push UI Goku to such high levels of power was the fact that he ******* on Base Jiren, who at the time most people believed to be on the level of beerus if not stronger.

since beerus can’t be used anymore, that old scaling kinda goes out the window.

honestly is best to just ignore Beerus and Broly movie god tiers in general when scaling.

I mean can you blame people? Jiren's whole gimmick was the whole "mortal who is above GoDs" yet it turned out that all of this was a bunch of lies fed to us.

Gogeta was 2 arcs ago.

It's really just blind hype and writers not thinking ahead at all so you get such conflicting narratives and matter of fact is Jiren was NEVER compared to Beerus in the manga, it's just promotion materials using big words to hype you up.

I mean can you blame people? Jiren's whole gimmick was the whole "mortal who is above GoDs" yet it turned out that all of this was a bunch of lies fed to us.

Gogeta was 2 arcs ago.

It's really just blind hype and writers not thinking ahead at all so you get such conflicting narratives and matter of fact is Jiren was NEVER compared to Beerus in the manga, it's just promotion materials using big words to hype you up.
Actually in the anime it's true, Jiren > Beerus. But yeah what you said was true.

Goku already surpassed Beerus in the Anime version, and same with the Broly movie. Also, it's more so that Manga Beerus is always getting stronger for unknown reasons rather than the whole "Being GoD tier being a fluke". Also, it's just Beerus who's that much stronger than other GoD in the manga iirc.

Goku already surpassed Beerus in the Anime version, and same with the Broly movie. Also, it's more so that Manga Beerus is always getting stronger for unknown reasons rather than the whole "Being GoD tier being a fluke". Also, it's just Beerus who's that much stronger than other GoD in the manga iirc.
It's not much different.

In the anime, he is never compared to Beerus and most of the wank for the new forms comes mainly from promo magazines.
Jiren is stated stronger than Belmod in both anime and manga and there is a promotion image fr the manga that states Jiren surpassing GoDs power in general.

Beerus is one of the 2 strongest GoDs but he's not THAT much stronger than the rest of them.

Actually it was specifically stated by Whis that Goku has finally surpassed Beerus when he unleashed his UIM form.

it is 2021 and people still thing Jiren only > Belmod, first Jiren was guessed by Whis to be perhaps > GoDs in general, people just love to take the statement that Jiren only > GoD of his universe thus > Belmod. And again people should abandon the whole thing of Beerus somehow > Belmod, nothing stated Beerus is strongest GoD even in manga, Beerus at the start of battle have slight advantage because of his incomplete UI

Yeah, so what? Goku is a lot stronger than Jiren now and he's still weaker than Beerus.

It's not that deep, Jiren is hyped up by Whiss to be on the level of a GoD maybe even higher before he broke his limit everyone knows that. It still didn't matter since going by the current narrative Beerus still stomps despite everything that was said 3 years ago.

I like DBS but the consistency of it is dogshit because of the writing incompetence and lack of an actual goal on the horizon hence a lot of statements and feats conflict with each other creating this Beerus mess.

It's not like Beerus just stayed at the same level, even if he was weaker than UI Goku at the end of the ToP. I honestly think he just... keeps training as well.

He might be lazy, but he seems to have a lot of pride in his power, and that could've gotten him to do more again.

Yeah, so what? Goku is a lot stronger than Jiren now and he's still weaker than Beerus.

It's not that deep, Jiren is hyped up by Whiss to be on the level of a GoD maybe even higher before he broke his limit everyone knows that. It still didn't matter since going by the current narrative Beerus still stomps despite everything that was said 3 years ago.

I like DBS but the consistency of it is dogshit because of the writing incompetence and lack of an actual goal on the horizon hence a lot of statements and feats conflict with each other creating this Beerus mess.
Goku is a lot stronger than Jiren??????, literally no, he still got cubstomp by Jiren except UI, and Complete UI = Limit Break Jiren. Goku still weaker than Beerus except UI. Broly was probably > Beerus but it is unknown, and the same Broly who can cubstomp both Goku and Vegeta SSB post-ToP. Right now we have nothing to scale Beerus, he is in a gray area. Current narrative is still stop at Broly Saga, and don't bring anime to mix with manga

Last edited:
I literally have been watching DBS Anime as it was ongoing. Beerus was literally scared shitless over Goku's UI and Jiren's fight. And it was later Whis that confirmed a surpassing moment when his hair turned silver.

When I say Goku I mean "full power Goku" obviously. Dunno where you learns that Goku and UI Goku are different characters.

And no. Anime and manga has same overarching narrative and it won't be much different in the anime.

When I say Goku I mean "full power Goku" obviously. Dunno where you learns that Goku and UI Goku are different characters.

And no. Anime and manga has same overarching narrative and it won't be much different in the anime.
no, Anime and Manga have different scaling, and the Anime narrative still stop at Broly Saga, everything in Manga can be way different in Anime in the future

I literally have been watching DBS Anime as it was ongoing. Beerus was literally scared shitless over Goku's UI and Jiren's fight. And it was later Whis that confirmed a surpassing moment when his hair turned silver.
Beerus was freaking out at suppressed Jiren and Omen Goku.

This is not an argument and no he was never "confirmed ".You are using a strong word for your take from that scene

"Anime is different " is just an excuse.

Willing to bet its gonna be same recton in the anime when it comes back. Jiren was also stronger than belmod in the manga and compared to a GoD but look where we are.

I blame ultra ego beerus for this, because the dbz wiki says beerus used to beat up ssj blue evolution Vegeta to show him ultra ego the Technique and that is the only way to explain this retcon

Speaking of Beerus having "Ultra Ego."

We know he has an incomplete Ultra Instinct himself. As far as Vegito and Gogeta go, do you all think it'd be possible to use both ultra instinct and ultra ego at once, and if not, would it be possible for them to use it interchangeably? Ngl, I'd love to see Vegito or Gogeta kick ass using both UI and UI.

Don't worry people you'll see the same retcons in the anime when it comes back... Beerus will be stronker, he is Toriyama's favorite cat.
When that inevitably happens, wonder how people will feel. It’s probably the reason there was never a direct statement by name. I think the anime played it safe with the arm wrestling thing just in case. I doubt the writers knew where the **** Toriyama has beerus in the scaling chain, Turns out it was far higher than they anticipated.

Back