• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Frieza unironically COULD HAVE KILLED Goku and Vegeta but chose to spare them since they weren't his target at the time, which also suggests that Frieza has become content with the past, he'd still gladly kill the Saiyan's but he's so beyond his anger (and beyond their level) at this point that it's not even a priority to kill them anymore, they're just annoying pests that he'll deal with some other time by now.
Ironically, Frieza has a pretty decent character development in Super, despite not being the protagonist | co-star of the manga
After his defeat on Namek, Frieza only thinks about revenge, without taking precautions, and ends up dead because of it, (being tortured in his own way in hell),
Which leads him to consider preparing himself before trying to get revenge on Goku again after being revived, however, he rushes and ends up discovering that he made a mistake again, by coming immediately after obtaining more power (a mistake he made in the past, but probably happened so as not to start his development halfway in Super)
Again in hell, and now with plenty of time he begins to train his transformation, which leads him to learn to be a little more patient, and he begins to take advantage of the people and their possibilities around him more (I doubt that the Frieza of Z decided to join the same team as Goku, or that Goku was given energy in the anime)
In Broly, although I don't remember much from the movie, at least he seems to respect Goku as an enemy to a certain extent and be calmer, he was respectful enough in Super Broly to describe a word that Goku didn't understand and he accepted quite calmly that he couldn't do anything against Gogeta when the latter stopped him from shooting Broly's friends.)
After all that, Frieza begins to stop prioritizing the Saiyans, and again begins to focus on his empire, turning it into a real threat to the universe againn, which leads to him using the time room for 10 years instead of the time needed to get a new power, and although he hates the Saiyans, he doesn't kill them because they are no longer a threat to him, he has already overcome his immature tendencies based solely on revenge that he had post Namek until Ressurection or F
Along with Vegeta, I think Frieza is one of the characters who gains the most from being in Super.

Ironically, Frieza has a pretty decent character development in Super, despite not being the protagonist | co-star of the manga
After his defeat on Namek, Frieza only thinks about revenge, without taking precautions, and ends up dead because of it, (being tortured in his own way in hell),
Which leads him to consider preparing himself before trying to get revenge on Goku again after being revived, however, he rushes and ends up discovering that he made a mistake again, by coming immediately after obtaining more power (a mistake he made in the past, but probably happened so as not to start his development halfway in Super)
Again in hell, and now with plenty of time he begins to train his transformation, which leads him to learn to be a little more patient, and he begins to take advantage of the people and their possibilities around him more (I doubt that the Frieza of Z decided to join the same team as Goku, or that Goku was given energy in the anime)
In Broly, although I don't remember much from the movie, at least he seems to respect Goku as an enemy to a certain extent and be calmer, he was respectful enough in Super Broly to describe a word that Goku didn't understand and he accepted quite calmly that he couldn't do anything against Gogeta when the latter stopped him from shooting Broly's friends.)
After all that, Frieza begins to stop prioritizing the Saiyans, and again begins to focus on his empire, turning it into a real threat to the universe againn, which leads to him using the time room for 10 years instead of the time needed to get a new power, and although he hates the Saiyans, he doesn't kill them because they are no longer a threat to him, he has already overcome his immature tendencies based solely on revenge that he had post Namek until Ressurection or F
Along with Vegeta, I think Frieza is one of the characters who gains the most from being in Super.
Everyone wants Black Frieza to return guns blazing to fight Beerus or Gohan, but imagine if he takes a backseat and becomes a more meticulous and tactical villain (like how they should have written Elec before he was done dirty, smh).

OK maybe I'm missing something. What does the Saiyan Saga have that the Cell Saga doesn't? I don't think we need to argue fights (Tilted said it themselves) but I'd say Cell Saga has better character development, "moments" (vague but explainable if needed), a better villain, a better protagonist, music, etc. I do often look at Saiyan Saga as the least flawed saga in Z for sure but it's highs aren't nearly as high as any other Saga in Z. I mean there is no doubt the Galick Gun vs Kamehameha struggle and Piccolo's sacrifice were great moments but do these stack up to the Father Son Kamehameha? 16's death and Gohan's accompanying transformation?

I definitely understand the love for the Saiyan Saga (because I love it too) but I can't see it being better than the Cell Saga especially not to the point where it's considered on another level entirely. Thats just me though. I'd love to see the opposing viewpoints on this.

Well, we would need to talk about all the flaws of the Android Saga, because the arc get down because of that.

I kinda hate to admit trought, i kinda only noticed this flaws when I was watching Mistarefusion vídeos😥.

my-image.png

Back