• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

mmm, maybe because it is hard to obtain, and i expect for something that was actually worth to obtain once you get that, but, just a simply instinctive reaction?
like, the ability is not comparable to the amount of work you have to achieve that.
What about the Power boost the form gaves? Like, Goku as getting stomped by Jiren, as able to complete dominate the fight after.

To everyone calling UI useless, why is Super Saiyan better?
Why don't people understand what I'm saying? I say that the ability it has is useless, the power boost, for me at least, is not something relevant to mention because it is obviously going to have a power boost because is a transformation
the ability to ''act without thinking''is my problem.

Because is "hard to obtain"? Just because is hard to obtain, don't mean that now you can "act without thinking" is not super usefull. Like, that gives a better advantage during combat that what might think.

Compared to fiction, no, it is not useful, but I should not say useless, but worthless (there is no reason to take you so long to have this)

Why don't people understand what I'm saying? I say that the ability it has is useless, the power boost, for me at least, is not something relevant to mention because it is obviously going to have a power boost because is a transformation
the ability to ''act without thinking''is my problem.
Isn't that just shit most martial artists strive to be capable of anyways, even irl? Working off of pure instinct?

Yes, but for a series where throwing energy balls became normal, I would expect something BIGGER!
I mean Dragon Ball started off as being about martial arts and stuff till the Z era came around battles became more destructive and over the top.

But when you think about it: isn't Ultra Instinct the accumulation of everything that Goku was taught by all his teachers and the lessons he learned in his own accord? To me, Ultra Instinct represents the years of character growth Goku had.

Did you think he was going to compare it with his own series?
Bro, you said:
I'm going to be honest with all of you and say...ultra instinct is extremely useless as a technique.
What in that sentence I would interpret as you saying "compared to other pieces of fiction"?

Not to mention, this logic is flawed. "This ability is useless because is hard to obtain, while this other pieces of media have the same ability which is easy to obtain", like bro, that still would't make useless.

Like, If you comparing Ultra Instict to other abilities in fiction, and still ignoring the Power boost, that still would't make useless even If is difficult to obtain.

Last edited:
I mean Dragon Ball started off as being about martial arts and stuff till the Z era came around battles became more destructive and over the top.
Nah, Goku was already shooting energy blasts in the 15th chapter

But when you think about it: isn't Ultra Instinct the accumulation of everything that Goku was taught by all his teachers and the lessons he learned in his own accord? To me, Ultra Instinct represents the years of character growth Goku had.
Pretty much this, it is the accumulation of every single step that made Goku become someone powerful enough to be feared even by Gods, also representing it's grown as a character

mmm, maybe because it is hard to obtain, and i expect for something that was actually worth to obtain once you get that, but, just a simply instinctive reaction?
like, the ability is not comparable to the amount of work you have to achieve that.
The ability allows you to fight people who are stronger then you. Like a literal fusion level difference stronger.

Bro, you said:

What in that sentence I would interpret as you saying "compared to other pieces of fiction"?

Not to mention, this logic is flawed. "This ability is useless because is hard to obtain, while this other pieces of media have the same ability which is easy to obtain", like bro, that still would't make useless.

Like, If you comparing Ultra Instict to other abilities in fiction, and still ignoring the Power boost, that still would't make useless even If is difficult to obtain.
Because the power boost does not come from the ability, it comes from the transformation that Goku uses.
except that with other abilities in serieses they are not considered divine level or something.
Like really in other verses they just use this ability, even if it does not have the power boost, at least they don't try to sell it has a super divine power

Ultra Instinct is NOT useless.

1) It’s layered instinctive reaction. Moving by instinct explicitly isn’t just what UI is. It’s a realm of pure thoughtlessness and combat beyond that.
2) Constant evolution capacity and adaptability for combat scenarios
3) A massive speed increase, even without the transformation, just off of using the technique in base form.
4) Massive power, durability, etc. increase in general via the form.
5) Ability nullification in dispelling Ki.
6) Deconstruction of objects at a point.
7) Giant Ki Avatar
8) Immunity to being read or analyzed in combat, down to the cellular level
9) Due to fighting without thinking, your movements become harder to predict and your very movement of cells alters compared to a normal fighter, even without the form.
10) Can be used in conjunction with anything.

That’s 10 already really good reasons to have it, and Goku hasn’t even mastered it completely, yet.

1) It’s layered instinctive reaction. Moving by instinct explicitly isn’t just what UI is. It’s a realm of pure thoughtlessness and combat beyond that.
3) A massive speed increase, even without the transformation, just off of using the technique in base form.
7) Giant Ki Avatar
9) Due to fighting without thinking, your movements become harder to predict and your very movement of cells alters compared to a normal fighter, even without the form.

That’s 10 already really good reasons to have it, and Goku hasn’t even mastered it completely, yet.
In the manga i also remember Merus using his superior instinct to seal some of Moro's abilities and Whis said he can do like Merus with the power of the Gods to seal abilities ( chapter 66)

Last edited:

7) Giant Ki Avatar

Nah just another useless colored hair form for Goku to use. Time to get back to watching GT

A reminder Frieza is the only DBZ villain that won. He's literally alive terrorizing U7 as it's emperor but is infinitely stronger than he was on Namek and went through literal hell and back yet openly admits he'll never give up his villainous/evil ways and owns it lol!

Frieza unironically COULD HAVE KILLED Goku and Vegeta but chose to spare them since they weren't his target at the time, which also suggests that Frieza has become content with the past, he'd still gladly kill the Saiyan's but he's so beyond his anger (and beyond their level) at this point that it's not even a priority to kill them anymore, they're just annoying pests that he'll deal with some other time by now.

Back