• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I'm glad that the series is trying to continue using UI as a goal for Goku, rather than it just being "Ok now he can use it at will so lol", but even then, I wouldn't be surprised if UI is not the end all be all. They're making it out to seem that way, but I mean, look at literally all of the previous Saiyan forms in the series.

SSJ1 was the original legendary transformation that they literally hyped up ever since pretty much the start of Z, but it didn't take long until it became a pretty commonly used and standard Saiyan form. The show itself even began making self-aware jokes on how the transformation became kind of irrelevant. SSJ2 was originally something like Gohan's unique form. I got the vibe that it was originally intended to really just be Gohan's full potential, but later on Toriyama also made SSJ2 a pretty basic thing. SSJ3 was a sudden, random, and not at all implied transformation that just served as an unnecessary way for Goku to fight Buu, and never really had relevancy after the first time it was shown. Keep in mind that SSJ3 was also originally intended to be the pinnacle of Saiyan transformations. It was a form that none others would surpass, until DBS came along. SSJG was cool and opened up the new realm of power to dive into, but really didn't matter at all after the Beerus fight. SSJB is pretty much the same as SSJ3 (aside from the whole "random" and "not implied" part), and just served as a new form for Goku and Vegeta to grow even stronger.

I imagine MUI will be in a similar situation to SSJ1. A legendary, long-implied transformation that is supposed to be some unfathomable, truly legendary power. The advancements of it will be similar to how SSJ1 got all the different "grades", leading up to SSJ2, where the grades were pretty much tossed aside. Unless the series ends for sure in this arc or the next, I do expect MUI to eventually become overshadowed by another new thing, cause that's just "The Dragon Ball Way".

Edit: Although obviously the main difference between UI and SSJ1 is that I am at least certain that UI won't just become some common form every relevant character gets.

Honestly, Rinne? Same. UI requiring multiple arcs of buildup for mastering completely is kinda nice, if nothing else. That and the fact that Goku and Vegeta are going separate ways, leaving this as a Goku only thing, while Vegeta is just getting other abilities that, while they'll likely get criminally underused, are still pretty neat in theory.

I'd argue SSJB > SSJ2 and 3 at least on longevity (not necessarily on quality), because it did get a chance to stick around and got its own FPSSJ state, at least in the manga, but we can probably agree that UI is doing it way better.

guys I really admire everyone who tried to update dragon ball heroes but let's not give up what if we try to get more pictures guide scans games weapons a ctr for super heroes and xenoverse who would be willing to help me

Guys, we can argue about low 1-c but for now, i think we should make a separate thread about the cosmology of only U7, then we can get to other stuff. One thing at a time

A good portion of staff who replied and a couple users disagrees with Low 1-C cosmology for DBS and the debate is still open for DBH as far as I can tell due to the fact that it at least still has arguments to be made. That's not a vast majority of users, that's a decent amount of users that were picked out specifically for the upgrade.

You may disagree about the upgrade, and that's fine, but you are misrepresenting that a little bit as far as I can tell.

Also there is other stuff that thread is supposed to tackle anyway, so closing it after only the DBS debate was a little weird to me.

Also, I'll be honest, I'm not surprised that Dragomer was banned. Unfortunate for him, but he probably shouldn't have gotten so heated there. At least, for his sake, it isn't permanent.

Last edited:
Things are bound to get a bit more toxic here, in a lot of debates, which is unfortunate because it's unneeded, immature, and helps no one.

Doesn't help that Dragomer is definitely one of the more toxic members around here. Sometimes not even debating but just saying that someone else is wrong, as well.

But I mean, the vs battles community in general has a lot of people who don't hesitate to insult others, degrade them in other, less direct ways, or just refuse to argue. So yeah, it's expected that we would see a lot of them on this site.

Internet in a nutshell, especially a site and community that involve cross-fiction battle like this site, comicvine, spacebattle and many others

It's honestly not just vs battles, it's the entire versus debating community. I mean, the entire thing is essentially predicated on a sportsball-like mentality of "My guy is better than your guy" and it can be pretty rough when things don't want to go your way. Vs battles has it especially bad, admittedly, because it's not arguing your view, but arguing a view of what a community thinks, which means that it isn't necessarily how you view it, but in general you can likely find similar things outside of this. That being said, when you sign up for this, you're sorta agreeing to deal with that to some extent.

All I can say is, at least I'm going to not let this get to me. It's just an anime fighting board, it doesn't matter that much. In a week I'll probably just talk about how the next chapter of the manga is more than anything. Sure, tempers might rise from me in the future, but I'll definitely try to not let it get to me.

I'm fine with most thing, but the problem that angry me is mostly how staff handle the cosmology revision, the only one that i actually atleast respect despite him disagree is DDMedeus, atleast he arguing with reason rather than trying to shut other mouth with word like: cherry-picking, wank, psuedo intellect, you misunderstanding and many other, especially AKM with it have been rejected before so we shut down it again

At least they are actually you know . Debating, we may not agree with them, but they are defending their points, why don't we do a discord server with only saff and knowledgeable members and debate on it in peace

I think there used to be a vs battles wiki Discord server years ago, but it was closed due to reasons I can't recall.

Also I guarantee that there would be a lot of members telling the rest to go in voice chat, something that probably makes a lot of people uncomfortable, or is just impossible to those with broken mics (or no mic at all).

Ah nvm I found a thread about it, Ant said "No. Sorry. We think that it is much easier to make sure that our regular chat is kept clean from trolling and banned members. In addition, our staff would not automatically have the same moderator privileges there.".

Back