• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Broly SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh being punching pag isn't worth upgrading. Unless they say he got stronger I doubt thqt means anything.

It's still weird how he survived for a whole hour when Goku and Vegeta had to run lol

We'll see how he does in comparison to the blueberries. Pretty sure, all three of them will do equally bad against Broly lol

ZERO7772 said:
This movie doesn't exactly follow the anime. stop trying to apply the anime logic to this film, we will get anime retelling at some point which should go with everything that has been established up till now.

And again recton is not out of the possibility because they did with Beerus many times already
Wait wait wait. If it doesn't follow the anime what is it following then? Goku pretty much said in the movie : thx to Freeza we won the TOP.

I dont know about you but the ToP arc was finished in the anime and the ToP arc isn't over in the manga. Toriyama even said it will continue after the ToP. We pretty much can assume its follows (kind of) the anime.

BUTTTTTT. By your logic if it isn't following the anime the statement of Goku is even more pointless. Goku only fought Beerus in his ssjG level. Beerus was holding back, but Goku didn't know. The level that Beerus showed back then was between ssjg/ssjb level. So Broly is maybe stronger then Ssjb- level LOL.

Remember no anime no manga just BoG movie. Goku never have seen Beerus true power and more important never fought a full power Beerus. He only remembers a ssjg/b level Beerus.

And how do we know it wasn't to just mock Beerus?

Except when you realize there is 3 canon for DBS ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anime/manga and movies, each doing their own thing.

Toei keep putting anime original stuff and Toriyama keep ignoring it ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

You guys do remember that Whis outright informs Goku that there is a 'mortal that even a God of Destruction cannot defeat' right? I'm not sure if Goku would have caught on that Jiren was that mortal but he did witness GoD Toppo (who is much stronger than the Beerus in BoG) and if he understood that Jiren was that mortal than he would have likely be basing his estimate of Broly on Jiren (as well as GoD Toppo).

So Goku's basically going "Hey, you are probably even stronger than Beerus if my battle with Jiren is anything to go by".

It would been better if they just said Broly is stronger than Jiren, but they had to use Beerus and throw us in the loop again.

Yeah, if Goku thinks Beerus is still stronger than him then that would mean he thinks Broly is stronger than himself with UI and Jiren but if he realizes that he and Jiren surpassed Beerus then that would mean he thinks Broly MIGHT be as strong as Jiren. Makes it really difficult to tell honestly.

Regardless, if Broly and Gogeta are 2-C then Jiren, Goku, The GoDs, Angels, etc. would all be upgraded to that tier regardless of outcome...considering we don't know if Beerus is the strongest GoD, that Goku isn't 100% certain that Broly is superior to Beerus and the simple fact that Whis is so above Broly it isn't even funny.

I'm personally really curious if Frieza is going to get a notable buff from the movie. I mean, if he took on Broly for an hour and a half (even if he is basically just being a ragdoll) then that would imply he is easily low 2-C.

Look like Ikari Broly is actually stronger than SSB Goku alone and it takes both Goku and Vegeta to beat him before he goes SSJ.

His Ikari form is him using Ozaru power in his human form right? This make no snese because that means he's only 10x times stronger. Unless the gap between SSB and SSG isn't that big after all.

Nope, when Broly and Gogeta become 2-C that does not mean everyone automatically becomes 2-C or most Gods because its not confirmed or stated that the gods other than Beerus are on par with eachother

Blue Gogeta is currently the strongest non angel, non Zeno character

The 2-C feat was done by SSJ Gogeta and SSJ Broly actually. LSSJ got stomped by SSB Gogeta but the 2-C was done by their much weaker selves.

That doesn't mean the other gods scale to that, they have no feats or statements putting them near Beerus in the anime

Oh you meant only Beerus.

Well, unless you accept the recton of Beerus power then, UI Goku and Jiren should scale for being above Beerus as well.

I would, personally, heavily argue that. The gap between Low 2-C and 2-C happens to be absolutely massive after all but to each their own. I just think the concept of GoDs being in different tiers is pretty ridiculous.

Agreed but this is anime and we have to work around what is given to us. Kefla is 3-A in SSJ but low 2-C in SSJ2 which make absolutely no sense.

Putting Beerus on 2-C while all other GoDs at low 2-C is ridiculous though.

I say it's best to ignore Goku statement since he don't really know Beerus full strength.

Broly is already suggested to be stronger than Beerus and SSB Gogeta scale above that. We should give 2-C only to Gogeta/Broly and Angles tier.

I find it ridiculous that every fodder god like Sidra, Heles etc. are comparable to Beerus in any way or that they all are equal even though there has never been a statement confirming it. Right now the only Gods that are confirmed to be 2-C are Champa and Belmod maybe Quietala, but everything else goes into headcanon territory

Personally, I have never agreed with the idea that Kefla is anywhere near SSB Goku's level of power. Her only real feats are defeating an utterly exhausted Goku (barely even capable of entering Blue...Could only make one more attack according to Beerus) and being compared to the Spirit Bomb.

There is (almost) no doubt that UIO Goku (First attempt) is massively superior to the Spirit Bomb considering how massive the gap is between SSBKKX20 and UIO as well as Jiren and so we can only ASSUME that this means Kefla would be 3-A (as it makes little sense for Goku to use an attack that isn't at least 3-A) but this version of Goku also, arguably, wasn't Low 2-C...meaning that the Spirit Bomb is likely NOT Low 2-C (As none of the participants in lending energy are above 3-A and many of which are far below 3-A).

So...overall I have extreme doubt that Kefla would be even Low 2-C in SS2, I would argue she is actually only 3-A in all her forms...just a high end.

But hey! That's just me and my salt with how people tend to overhype Kefla.

The reason Kefla is low 2-C is because they she would serioulsy hurt 2nd UIO Goku if she hits him and UIO is already low 2-C scaling from casual Jiren who said to be stronger than Zamasu.

On another news base Gogeta is > SSB Vegto "Black arc" now

Feels good to be a Gogeta fan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, always been a Gogeta fan. Never liked Vegito. I just hope Frieza isn't treated as a complete joke in the film. I would love it if Frieza is actually shown as actively fighting Broly instead of just being on death's door for over an hour.

@Zero

More reason to say they're astronomically stronger than they were in the Future Trunks arc, I guess. Either that, or they just retconned Potara Fusion's superiority.

@InfiniteBlack

When has that been established? I do mean in or after the Universe Survival arc.

He wishes to be 5cm taller, essentially plays the role of a taxi service for Broly, gets beaten for 1 straight hour, exists out with his wish still unfullfilled and a new mortal enemy which wants to end him in Broly

ByAsura said:
That still exists?

Also, who said this?

Toriyama and I say that Beerus is comparable to Whis from the fact that Beerus actually threatened to destroy Whis and whis did get intimidated.

And the Xenoverse version of BoG where the patroller had to fight an enraged Beerus with Whis. Cause Whis asked for help against enraged Beerus.

I wasn't talking about that, everyone knows Toriyama said that. What I was asking is who said Gogeta in base is stronger than Vegito Blue from the Future Trunks arc.

That's obvious Plot Introduced Stupidity. Whis and Vados curbstomped Beerus and Champa, Beerus calls Whis stronger than himself, Vados can barely see Dyspo's Lightbullet and Champa can't at all, etc. Albiet, the last one was retconned. Xenoverse isn't canon, and its power scale is vastly different.

It could also be Whis' own beliefs, as he says there's nothing Beerus can't destroy.

@ByAsura Follow anime scaling and what we accepted here.

Base Gogeta > SSB Goku (post ToP) > SSB Goku (Post 2ndUIO) > First UIO > SSB Vgeito.

Celestial Pegasus said:
This dimension feat has to show that the dimensions are actually universal size otherwise it's just gonna be unquantifiable.
I agree with this, we should wait how these dimensions are portrayed during the fight.

Ye, don't get your hopes up too much.

inb4> You guys talk about 2-C Gogeta and Broly for 2 months straight and what you finally get turns out to be an unquantifiable feat.

If it looks like a mirror room, I would think all they have to do is show universes inside of the planes. This is really the only way I can see them establishing any sort of size granted I highly doubt the planes will be portrayed as universal in size.

Edit: I see someone already mentioned this lol.

CryoTheMayo said:
Yeah, if Goku thinks Beerus is still stronger than him then that would mean he thinks Broly is stronger than himself with UI and Jiren but if he realizes that he and Jiren surpassed Beerus then that would mean he thinks Broly MIGHT be as strong as Jiren. Makes it really difficult to tell honestly.
Regardless, if Broly and Gogeta are 2-C then Jiren, Goku, The GoDs, Angels, etc. would all be upgraded to that tier regardless of outcome...considering we don't know if Beerus is the strongest GoD, that Goku isn't 100% certain that Broly is superior to Beerus and the simple fact that Whis is so above Broly it isn't even funny.

I'm personally really curious if Frieza is going to get a notable buff from the movie. I mean, if he took on Broly for an hour and a half (even if he is basically just being a ragdoll) then that would imply he is easily low 2-C.
You're logic makes no sense. Do you honestly believe Goku is using BOG Beerus as a comparison ? Broly is stated as significantly stronger than Jiren and Goku Isn't confident in saying he has surpassed Beerus. Enough with the downplay they have clearly retonned beerus's strength. Beerus is stronger than MUI and Jiren and the exactly line from ken xyro is "at one point you might have been stronger than lord Beerus"

Goku KNOWS beerus is stronger than him, during the episode 70 Hit fight, Beerus says " you kept losing to me didn't you" indicating they clearly had off screen fights.

I wouldnt say at all that beerus power was ever retcon beyond the original movies, and they dont even count anymore.

The last arc before this movie introduced us a character on the domain of beerus. Showing us how powerful hakaishins truly are. This movie showed us a villian that is potentially beyond beerus domain of power. If we go by that we have already a limit established on beerus. Something that was never done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back