• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super - Broly and Gogeta Justification Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the light novel is concerned, it is a complementary material that does not contradict the manga at all, it is properly canonical, mainly because it is a material that details the film.

Ok, then everyone post Moro arc who scales to Goku and Vegeta is low 2-C, I guess.

This would be:

1. Probably Golden Frieza (due to somewhat holding his own against SSJ Broly AND tanking a 30-minute beatdown from SSJ Broly)

2. DEFINITELY Black Frieza

3. Granolah

4. Gas

Maybe Beerus too?

Ok, then everyone post Moro arc who scales to Goku and Vegeta is low 2-C, I guess.

This would be:

1. Probably Golden Frieza (due to somewhat holding his own against SSJ Broly AND tanking a 30-minute beatdown from SSJ Broly)

2. DEFINITELY Black Frieza

3. Granolah

4. Gas

Maybe Beerus too?
Obviously Beerus.

So are you all scaling the Dragon Ball Super manga from a novel description, and if so, how do you know that both of them follow the exact same canon?

Basically what is being proposed here that the novel is used for further context to establish a feat in the movie, as it expands on details while sharing the same history beats.

And since the manga builds upon the movie then it makes sense to scale feats from it to the manga.

the latter is a lot harder to pass as toyble changes the events in his recap featuring stuff we didn’t see in the movie.

There's nothing to say about the canonicity of the novel, as I can tell, it's the detailed movie, everything in Dbs is overseen by Akira Toriyama, if he approves it's certainly within canonicity, there's no reason not to consider a novel though, as I said, it is simply the film written with extra details, the disregard of the novel is the same as disregarding the V-Jumps that complement the work with extra elements that were not previously mentioned within the manga itself.

Eu concordo com as evidências, já que tudo está claro como o dia no filme e já que a Light Novel Oficial é apenas descritiva dos eventos do filme. Eu também concordo que isso deve aumentar os níveis de poder do arco Moro do elenco de mangá e além
Correto, a light novel, além de não ser contraditória, é igual aos V-Jumps, servem para complementar e detalhar o trabalho.

the FnF manga is considered for the manga, logically the Broly movie too
Why would either be considered canon to the manga? The former is in a continuity of its own, disregarded completely with the arrival of Dragon Ball Super and left to rot in obscurity, and the latter is explicitly stated on numerous occasions to be an extension of the anime's story.

The manga referencing Broly is not proof that the movie, one-to-one, is canon to the manga continuity, too.

It seems to me that the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie is "canon" to the general plot outlines itself, not specifically to the manga or the anime. This would make sense as to why we saw no anime/manga specific forms from Goku or Vegeta during the course of the movie (Kaiou-ken Blue, Perfected Blue, etc).

Isn't Frieza being seemingly oblivious to the Fusion Dance in the movie a notable continuity error for the Broly movie with the anime too (since in the RoF anime Frieza learned what Fusion was from Gotenks)?

One day he’ll draw it?
“A cool Broli”

…Will we be able to see a Toyotarō-style Broli in the future?
This movie is an extension of Super (reference to the Manga), so I believe that someday the time will come to draw him,” he said, with a look of certainty. “I’m thankful that the movie came before the comic. There are lots of battle scenes in the movie, but if I were to go first, I wouldn’t have been able to draw them in that much detail. When the time comes, I’d like to use the movie as a reference to make it look cool in my own way,” he said with a smile.
~
Toyotaro

Isn't Frieza being seemingly oblivious to the Fusion Dance in the movie a notable continuity error for the Broly movie with the anime too (since in the RoF anime Frieza learned what Fusion was from Gotenks)?
He sees the boys defuse, and the thought that they fused never crosses his mind cuz he gets caught up in the fact that there's more Saiyan offspring

Por que qualquer um deles seria considerado canônico para o mangá? O primeiro está em uma continuidade própria, desconsiderado completamente com a chegada de Dragon Ball Super e deixado para apodrecer na obscuridade, e o último é explicitamente declarado em várias ocasiões como uma extensão da história do anime.

O mangá que faz referência a Broly não é prova de que o filme, um para um, também é cânone para a continuidade do mangá.
Since there is no evidence, but there is a passage, you must consider what is shown, if it is official and given as canon, that is enough, as there is no Broly manga, but there is a passage, they are obliged to consider the events of the movie and the novel.

Last edited:
there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. I will be, too!"
The Moro and Granolah Arc are definitely different

The Tournament of Power made Goku aware of the presence of stronger individuals period, regardless of whether he faced them or not. Goku had fought far stronger and more profound characters than Ribrianne in the anime anyways. Plus literally every GoD is in the background but Goku didn't face them at all. With this logic a push for Kai being Canon to Super could be justified because SUCH & SUCH scenes that are clear references to the anime only. (Gregory/Buu Arc Flashbacks/ History of Trunks references)

Super Hero changes nothing to the general canoncity of Broly

Goku was saying EXPLICLY that the tournament had strong guys, not that he FACED, because the phrase is vague, the sense simply remains that he met strong guys, and certainly he met Kefla in the manga, at no time he cites that he faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back