• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Possible Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
CryoTheMayo said:
Where do they state this? Fu only says that History isn't linear, that it isn't finite and that it's formed from a 'countless network of events'.

Is there some other quote in XV2 that you are thinking of? This one has zero implication of history expanding and would, seemingly, violate Occam's razor.
It does imply that the "not finite" line is about history expanding infinitely/thus not having a set end, considering he states that history is formed by a network of countless events in the same sentence.

Technicaly, the 'over small thing' said by Trunks is apparently a mistranslation (according to the DBZ subreddit mod), i don't know if it's and what it would mean for this discussion but i prefered to mention it.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
I don't think Chi-Chi should scale to Roshi, I mean her power level is at least 130 (it was 300 in the DBZ: the Anime Adventure Game but we don't consider that canon right?)
I meant 7-B Roshi

Of the OP, the only part I see being considered is High 6-A/5-C 23rd Budokai Goku.

2-A Heroes was also rejected once more, same as High 4-C+ Gohan.

2A heroes is completely wrong, this scan doesn't mean anything, also someone translated the raw one, and it doesn't even say the word "infinite", so they are still 2B

Ionliosite said:
Of the OP, the only part I see being considered is High 6-A/5-C 23rd Budokai Goku.
And what about the 2-C stuff?

Ionliosite said:
I just have seen 2 comment on 2-A heroes though, the discussion on that seemed still open.

What about the rest ?

Kep already explained why 2-A Heroes is a no-no, and there have been countless threads on the past regarding the subject and all have been rejected, and the OP isn't giving any evidence that hasn't been evualted and rejected before.

Maybe but that's an argument against the upgrade, it doesn't mean the discussion is over on that point, that and i haven't received an answer on if the mistranslation claim change anything.

Kepekley23 said:
It does imply that the "not finite" line is about history expanding infinitely/thus not having a set end, considering he states that history is formed by a network of countless events in the same sentence.
Not sure if I understand, maybe I will after waking up a bit more.

Where does it define 'not finite' as referring to history expanding infinitely? Him claiming that history is formed by a 'network of countless events' has zero bearing on history expanding, considering the entire point of the Time Breakers is to go back in time and create MORE events that destabilise the timeline. Maybe they rationalise similarly to the Time Rings, that 'natural' expansion is fine but artifical expansion can cause issues for the timeline. Regardless, it does seem like it'd go against the entire plot of the games if history was expanding constantly. Your character is even warned against creating a good future for Trunks, so it's clear it isn't just something the Time Breakers do.

@Dragomer You should show the original manga version to someone that can read Japanese, because I doubt you'll find someone on this thread that actually knows which one is correct.

The only person I know is Sera, but I probably wouldn't bother her. Maybe you know someone else that you could go ask?

I'll try and ask people on the dao of dragon ball, those dude usualy take care of translation in my country.

I'm kinda lost at this point but at least except the 2-A stuff that Cryo and Kep are still talking about, people don't seem to have issue with the rest of the upgrade.

I think the only thing that is going through is High 6-A/5-C 23 tenkaichi budokai Goku and Piccolo, the rest was shut down

UltimateFlare said:
I think the only thing that is going through is High 6-A/5-C 23 tenkaichi budokai Goku and Piccolo, the rest was shut dow
As i said, 2-A is still being talked about and there are parts of the upgrade no one talked about at all, for or against.

In that case we should discuss the Moon level statement from Daizenshuu. Like AnimeChick said, as impolite as they were, the statement does stem entirely from a guide book, and it appears to be based off Master Roshi's moon destroying feat, so that could pose a problem. That's not to say I disagree entirely, though.

Nullflowerblush said:
I admit, infinite and High Universe level were a bit of strength. The universe was stated to be "endless and expansive" rather than infinite, which is a mistake on my part. This most likely means that it's simply growing in size all the time.
Uh, expansive doesn't mean "expanding" it means "covering a wide area in terms of space or scope; extensive or wide-ranging."

lesser sort of just like supportive arguments to support the boost in power: Goku grew massively from training with Kami/Popo for 3 years which granted him a huge jump whether he stays Low 6-B+ or 5-C, but keep in mind so did the Earthlings when training for the Saiyans. The power boost from King Piccolo Arc to 23rd Budokai can seem less unreasonable in terms of a jump if we take that into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back