• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, I recently calced a feat from Pilaf Saga that came out as 9-B as opposed to the 9-A rating that's assigned to the first saga of Dragon Ball, the one where Yamcha punches Goku through a bunch of pillars.

So, is there any other 9-A feats to go off of? Otherwise we probably need to adjust the page ratings. The only other feat I could dig up was Chi-Chi decapitating a dino with a sword, but considering she's using a bladed weapon I'd doubt that was even a baseline 9-B feat, maybe even high-end 9-C.

I also think the 8-C rating after that is a bit off, what are the justifications for that?

Right now, I do not remember any other 9-A feat from Pilaf Saga, Goku destroyed a boulder, but only cutted it to the half.

As for 8-C, I guess Krillin backward scale from Blue; although, after what Kep said about Hellsing's feat, not sure if it usable, not in the way it was calculated.

Not even scaling Goku from Bulma, it would have a height of less than 0.9 m, Goten has an official height, mayne using that value would be better.

Yeah, Bulma is 1.65 meters tall, Kid Goku via pixel scaling can't be taller than her.

Yeah, using Goten's height could help, considering he is younger than this Goku. He is 1.23 meters btw

Using 1.23 m the result is changed to 0.0056 kg tnt, barely Small Building, but is actually even less considering the rock was only splitted and not completely fragmented.

But wait there's more! If we agree in using 1.23 m as Goku's height, Dargoo's result will increase ~1.87 times.

And one doubt about the calc, but why use concrete over stone? Is the destroyed structure natural?

I honestly couldn't ever find the fragmentation values of other kinds of rocks on the Calculations page.

Also they're pillars made by humans, considering the area they're in they're probably made out of sandstone or another sedimentary kind of rock.

Kepekley23 said:
The 9-A rating comes from Goku's boulder feat: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TataHakai/Goku_Crushes_A_rock

Although it might be slightly off due to a full sphere being used, but it's close enough.
That calc is grossly incorrect.

Not only is there the height issue, but splitting a rock is nowhere near fragmenting it. You should account for the massive pieces of rock that are left over from the feat.

Welp, I think sandstone has its value but not in the calculations page; can't link but try to look for a calculation about Ty in the blogs, I remember to use one value of sanstone there.

The boulder crush calc should also be re evaluated because of the height/splitting issue. The calc assumes Goku fragemnted a perfect sphere of rock, where he actually just split an irregularly shaped rock into two large pieces with some smaller pieces falling off.

Welp, the new value is already corrected above (new result is 0.0056 tnt tons), but don't think we can fix the split part since we do not known a way to turn it into energy.

Usually for rock splits, wouldn't it be more accurate to see how narrow the crack he made in the rock was and calc pulverization?

That or you could just take the larger pieces and subtract them from the total volume that's fragmented.

Using compressibe strength isn't accurate since nothing was pulverized, no mass was destroyed just separated, tensile strength is used but we do not use that here.

Mmm, I'm not fan of the last suggestion but don't think is bad.

Antoniofer said:
Welp, I think sandstone has its value but not in the calculations page.
Also, we should really update the calculations page with more frag and violent frag values for different types of rock.

Hmm, I always thought that Goku violently breaking a giant log was another 9-A feat for him.

Either way, I guess this can be fine for now. Maybe there's some other feat we're missing or something that we can use to justify 9-A in the early arc.

Yeah, I'm sure there's other feats. If anyone can find anything I can calc it if it's possible.

The only feats worth calculating from the Pilaf saga are these ones:

Goku breaking 3 bricks with one finger.

Goku breaking at least 5 pillars. They are not made by humans though, nobody lives there and neither is their structure good enough to live in. They are most likely natural.

Goku crushing that boulder.

There is also Goku breaking a wooden log into fragments with one kick, wrecking Bulma's car and making a tiny hole in Pilaf's castle wall with Kamehameha, which Yamcha was not able to break. But I doubt they will yield any better results.

A lifting feat would be Goku lifting Bulma's car.

Quick question, semi-related, but why are certain characters rated 8-B? Looking through the justifications, it's from a High 8-C feat, so if there's anything I'm missing lmk

Although, the Tao's feat only scale to post training (post 21th Budokai), before that it scale to Blue.

I can't acess the links for the feats. Could you post images and link them here instead?

Your calc is based on the notion that Goku broke 3 pillars. But when you look in the very next panel you'll see that there are 5 broken trunks still attached to the ground and 5 round upper parts of those pillars lying there. Here's a better picture.

Goku breaks pillars

Well, if I assume he broke through the other two pillars like he did the first three.

Pillar A Destroyed Volume = pi * 20.752 * 149.97 = 202857.218477 cm cubed

Pillar B Destroyed Volume = pi * 20.752 * 50.5 = 68308.925339 cm cubed

Pillar C Destroyed Volume = pi * 20.752 * 55.96 = 75694.4051876 cm cubed

I'll use the least volume, which is 68308.925339 cubic centimeters.

8 * (202857.218477 + 68308.92533 + 68308.925339 + 68308.925339 + 75694.4051876) = 3867827.19738 joules, or 0.00092 Tons. Still a far cry away from 9-A.

That said if someone can find me the frag value of sandstone I could make this even more accurate.

And since the boulder calc is now invalid due to the height, here are some better pictures if someone wants to recalc it.

Goku crushes boulder 1
Goku crushes boulder 2

I guess these are the only impressive ones. Rest won't yield better results and are just supporting feats.

This doesn't change much, especially since everyone knows, but was hungry and weakened, yet still managed to equal the Yamcha who performed that feat.

I'll try to find some above Wall level feats.

Edit: A few weeks or months into his training (idk if they even say how much training by this point), he's able to move this massive rock at high speeds. He's still significantly weaker than the complete training though, as he can't move this yet, unlike the next saga.

Quick calc of Goku's height. I'm using this because I couldn't find any direct comparisons to Bulma that doesn't have some panel cut or perspective.

0027-011
Launch: 258 px, or 1.489 meters
I'm not sure what age that's concerning, but Launch is 19 years old.

Goku: 134 px, or 0.77335658914 meters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back