• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon ball intelligence rework

In this thread I am going to rework intelligence rating of dragon ball characters so let's begin

Grandpa Gohan
Grandpa gohan was stated to be a master in all forms of martial arts discipline in dragon ball

This should upgrade his combat intelligence to atleast genius and those who scale to him

Agree: LuffyRuffy46307,Spinoirr,Khanhba01,RoninSlayer200,Robo432343,ChoursDropoff,LordDestroit10K,ProfectusInfinity,AizenBankai09,MasqueTLDF,omegabronic,LordGriffin1000,SamanPatou

Neutral:

Disagree:

Goku
In this part I am gonna use some feats to prove why Goku should qualify for extra ordinary genius
So first we have this feat from battle of gods where Goku nullified 2c universe destroying punches purely by his skill

As elder kai mentions Goku by using the right force and angle manage to neutralized the attack and energy also it is clearly mentioned by elder kai that it was done via skill

Our next feat comes from uni 7 vs uni 6 tournament arc in Goku vs hit
In the begining of the Goku vs hit fight we can see that hit was clearly able to use his time skip on Goku and he wasn't able to counter it
But later Goku told hit that he got a hint to counter his time skip mid fight and he has decided it

And as we can see he started predicting hit moves and countering his time skip

Goku further explains how he had countered hits time skip by simply anticipating and predicting him

Now hit literally skips into 1/10 of the second in future to attack his opponent by suprise yet Goku is somehow predicting a guy who is literally skipping time and is in the future which also add further support to his extra ordinary intelligence

In t.o.p Goku was able to master ultra instinct which was deemed impossible for mortal to achieve as even the highest gods aka gods of destruction find it difficult to do it

https://imgur.com/a/gRyX7kW

Now god's have been alive for hundreds of millions of years old and they still can't achieve ui yet Goku a mere mortal did it and mastered it in just 45 minutes this should also prove his extra ordinary intelligence in combat as he was able to achieve a technique that not even gods who are alive for hundreds millions of years can which would further act as an evidence for his extra ordinary genius intelligence

Also in manga it was mentioned that Goku achieved ultra instinct by remembering teachings he was given by his previous masters and whis which solidifies it is a skill feat in manga

Agree:LuffyRuffy46307,Spinoirr,ProfectusInfinity(possibly),Khanhba01,RoninSlayer200,Robo432343,ChoursDropoff,LordDestroit10K,AizenBankai09,StrymULTRA(agrees with manga),MasqueTLDF,omegabronic,
LordGriffin1000(agrees with possibly EG)

Neutral:

Disagree:StrymULTRA(disagrees with anime),Hasty12345,SamanPatou

Last edited:
I don't disagree, but are there written standards for combat intelligence because this definition is useless

"Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear."

I don't disagree, but are there written standards for combat intelligence because this definition is useless

"Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear."
From what I know if a character can master an advance technique which takes others hundreds to millions of years to master in just few minutes or days than he can qualify for extra ordinary genius in combat not to mention the fact that Goku can also predict hit who is skipping into future and can nullify tier 2 energy punches purely based on skill

From what I know if a character can master an advance technique which takes others hundreds to millions of years to master in just few minutes or days than he can qualify for extra ordinary genius in combat not to mention the fact that Goku can also predict hit who is skipping into future and can nullify tier 2 energy punches purely based on skill
I agree but I don't think mastering ultra instinct in a few mins has a thing to do with intelligence but rather potential, and maybe I misunderstood it

I agree but I don't think mastering ultra instinct in a few mins has a thing to do with intelligence but rather potential, and maybe I misunderstood it
It is rather a fact that Goku can master a combat technique which was said to be impossible for a mere mortal and not even g.o.d can achieve which can help in combat intelligence

From what I know if a character can master an advance technique which takes others hundreds to millions of years to master in just few minutes or days
He had been slowly developing it for years and Whis' training was leading to it, furthermore, his physiology pushed him to break his limits. Far more factors went into him achieving Ui than combat intelligence.
Goku can also predict hit who is skipping into future
This is a good intelligence feat, but I'm not sure if it qualifies for extraordinary genius when you compare it to characters in the same intellect tier.
and can nullify tier 2 energy punches purely based on skill
Not sure how this is an EG feat, he simply punched Beerus fist with the same power in the opposite direction. The fact it's tier 2 means nothing, Goku isn't smarter for being tier 2 and matching tier 2 punches with his tier 2 strength than if it was tier 11, 10, 9, 8 etc

Also, these are the same 3 feats in his current justification that only qualify for genius, are you saying these same feats should be reevaluated as EG?

He had been slowly developing it for years and Whis' training was leading to it, furthermore, his physiology pushed him to break his limits. Far more factors went into him achieving Ui than combat intelligence.
Dude he mastered it in 45 minutes ultra instinct was only hinted by whis not to mention it would be still a relatively low time compared to other gods even if you consider that

Goku 100% didn't get UI through skill, but simply an asspull. All it took for him to achieve UI is literally him almost dying to his own Spirit Bomb and not wanting to die, which somehow allowed him to "break his own potential" and obtain the ability,

This isn't skill at all, Goku literally got the power randomly.

Unless you talk about him obtaining the MUI, which even that is pretty dubious, as GoDs didn't live millions of years fighting and training, but mostly destroying planets filled of people far weaker than them and sleeping.

Goku 100% didn't get UI through skill, but simply an asspull. All it took for him to achieve UI is literally him almost dying to his own Spirit Bomb and not wanting to die, which somehow allowed him to "break his own potential" and obtain the ability,

Unless you talk about him obtaining the MUI, which even that is pretty dubious, as GoDs didn't live millions of years fighting and training, but mostly destroying planets filled of people far weaker than them and sleeping.

Technically in the manga he gained it via all his skills he gained over his life all together to let him do that

Dude they have lived considerable amount of years training and being a g.o.d not to mention it was stated to be outright difficult for them to attained it while on other hand Goku literally mastered mui in a very short time compared to them

This is a good intelligence feat, but I'm not sure if it qualifies for extraordinary genius when you compare it to characters in the same intellect tier.
having the same intelligence tier != being equally smart, characters can be smarter than those who have the same tier as themselves. also not to disagree with you but shouldn't be able to counter and predict attacks of someone who can manipulate time and travel through time give Extraordinary genius? this feat is above the real world's upper human limit.

Technically in the manga he gained it via all his skills he gained over his life all together to let him do that
Ok, I checked the chapter and yea, EG can work for Manga Goku.

Anime is 100% a no-go though.
Dude they have lived considerable amount of years training and being a g.o.d not to mention it was stated to be outright difficult for them to attained it while on other hand Goku literally mastered mui in a very short time compared to them
You're forgetting that:
  • Goku got the Omen through literally nonsense, you don't magically learn a technique from simply not wanting to die. It's complete bs.
  • We know basically nothing about how the GoDs trained in an attempt to learn it, how much time they took, etc.

Ok, I checked the chapter and yea, EG can work for Manga Goku.

Anime is 100% a no-go though.

You're forgetting that:
  • Goku got the Omen through literally nonsense, you don't magically learn a technique from simply not wanting to die. It's complete bs.
  • We know basically nothing about how the GoDs trained in an attempt to learn it, how much time they took, etc.
Dawg doesn't matter that have literally been alive for hundreds millions of years pretty sure they have trained under there angels for a good amount of not to mention it was deemed impossible for mortal to do it in the first place I know I am not going to change your view so agree to disagree

Also I think I should note down your agreement for manga

I'm going to have to disagree with the thread, I'm not seeing any reason why the currently accepted genius justification is somehow now EG and the arguments presented for EG don't acknowledge other factors that play into the feats beyond intellect.

Nullifying tier 2 shockwaves while being tier 2 himself doesn't mean anything in regards to his intelligence. It could fly if goku was below tier 2 as that would be more impressive. A tier 9 character nullifying shockwaves 2 or more tiers above them is more impressive honestly.

Predicting hit skipping through time is no different from most forms of analytical prediction. It's not like he's countering immeasurable speed while being below immeasurable himself. Standard analytical prediction already covers this, his opponent manipulating time to skip to the future doesn't change much.

Frankly none of this remotely qualifies for an EG rating

In this thread I am going to rework intelligence rating of dragon ball characters so let's begin

Grandpa Gohan
Grandpa gohan was stated to be a master in all forms of martial arts discipline in dragon ball

This should upgrade his combat intelligence to atleast genius and those who scale to him

Agree: LuffyRuffy46307,Spinoirr,Khanhba01,RoninSlayer200,Robo432343,ChoursDropoff,LordDestroit10K,ProfectusInfinity,AizenBankai09

Neutral:

Disagree:

Agreed

Goku
In this part I am gonna use some feats to prove why Goku should qualify for extra ordinary genius
So first we have this feat from battle of gods where Goku nullified 2c universe destroying punches purely by his skill

As elder kai mentions Goku by using the right force and angle manage to neutralized the attack and energy also it is clearly mentioned by elder kai that it was done via skill

This seems like a genius feat

Our next feat comes from uni 7 vs uni 6 tournament arc in Goku vs hit
In the begining of the Goku vs hit fight we can see that hit was clearly able to use his time skip on Goku and he wasn't able to counter it
But later Goku told hit that he got a hint to counter his time skip mid fight and he has decided it

And as we can see he started predicting hit moves and countering his time skip

Goku further explains how he had countered hits time skip by simply anticipating and predicting him

Now hit literally skips into 1/10 of the second in future to attack his opponent by suprise yet Goku is somehow predicting a guy who is literally skipping time and is in the future which also add further support to his extra ordinary intelligence

Hit was only jumping 0.1 seconds into the future, once he evolved to jump 0.5 seconds instead Goku was helpless

Dunno if this changes much, still seems like only a "genius" rating given the short ammount of actions and timeframe he is predicting

In t.o.p Goku was able to master ultra instinct which was deemed impossible for mortal to achieve as even the highest gods aka gods of destruction find it difficult to do it

https://imgur.com/a/gRyX7k

Now god's have been alive for hundreds of millions of years old and they still can't achieve ui yet Goku a mere mortal did it and mastered it in just 45 minutes this should also prove his extra ordinary intelligence in combat as he was able to achieve a technique that not even gods who are alive for hundreds millions of years can which would further act as an evidence for his extra ordinary genius intelligence
In combat? Wouldn't it be in training? Altho, he achieved via combat, oh i know, we can add this to his AD under "abilities" i guess......now i guess this would count for "above upper human's inteligence" limit to get EG, so overall i agree, just not on the former 2 feats being EG

Back